Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
<Okay, Brad has taken some deep breaths now and gotten his perspective back . . .>

To all those who are blessed to be able to attend Glastonbury this year, it will still be AMAZING!!!:applaud: ... SO many great bands! ... Camping out with your friends (and 200,000 other people):heart: ... It can't help but be a STELLAR experience!!!

And then, we'll all just have to go back next year, when U2 headlines!!! :hyper:

^ You used "love" and "Live Nation" in the same sentence. Is that possible?:no:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, but I heard that next's year renewal gift that you'll get for renewing to 2012 to get the fresh presale code for the new cities will be a rip of the Rose Bowl DVD. :wink:

:down: And yet another reason for me to save $50 and not join the fanclub.

<Okay, Brad has taken some deep breaths now and gotten his perspective back . . .>

To all those who are blessed to be able to attend Glastonbury this year, it will still be AMAZING!!!:applaud: ... SO many great bands! ... Camping out with your friends (and 200,000 other people):heart: ... It can't help but be a STELLAR experience!!!

And then, we'll all just have to go back next year, when U2 headlines!!! :hyper:

:up:

i can't believe the flak gorillaz are getting on here.

are you shitting me? have you ANY idea how amazing they are? i kid you not, demon days might be the best album of the past decade.

youtube their manchester performance and afterwards tell me they're shit. go on, i dare you.

furthermore, damon albarn is a fucking legend. there's perhaps noone in the mainstream business who's as respected for being diverse and commercially successful. open your ears, you knob ends.

Nice. Yeah exactly... nothing like a dry run to get the lay of the land, too.

are you shitting me? have you ANY idea how amazing they are? i kid you not, demon days might be the best album of the past decade.

youtube their manchester performance and afterwards tell me they're shit. go on, i dare you.

furthermore, damon albarn is a fucking legend. there's perhaps noone in the mainstream business who's as respected for being diverse and commercially successful. open your ears, you knob ends.
:up:

I walked out of Gorillaz at Coachella 30 minutes into the show. I waited 30 minutes to see Womack sing Stylo then bailed to see Sly Stone "perform".

I can see the Gorillaz working better in smaller venues than a field with 70,000 people for the grand finale of Coachella.

I haven't checked all the posts but can't find anyone calling them "shit", just a bit of a step down from the legends table U2 sit at. I think at the end of the day, being a U2 forum, whoever replaced them was going to get a bit of abuse. Personally I'm disappointed by them, some people aren't. That's just the magic of opinion and interpretation, and yours isn't any better for tagging "knob ends" at the end now is it?

Well, I think many consumers will disagree. I mean, their rules allow consumers to book flights and hotels at low prices (the lowest in the market). Some would call that very consumer friendly. No unnecessary markups, just a low price.
:shrug:

It isn't just Priceline. Airlines in general all do this too. It is okay that they do when they don't offer better pricing?

The main bonus for most for using Priceline and similar services is one-stop shopping and not merely price alone. As these companies deal with multiple companies the have relationships with them and can cut us a better deal. But that does not have to be at the cost of fairness and some sense of flexiblity. They could be more fair to the customer when it comes to cancellations or re-booking. They choose to not do so.

We will have to agree to disagree.

someone said they are going to see Neil McCormack. Do you mean that thing at Lincoln Park? Im going too!!!!! Its like 5 minutes from my house.

The main bonus for most for using Priceline and similar services is one-stop shopping and not merely price alone. As these companies deal with multiple companies the have relationships with them and can cut us a better deal. But that does not have to be at the cost of fairness and some sense of flexiblity. They could be more fair to the customer when it comes to cancellations or re-booking. They choose to not do so.

The thing is you were FINE with their (Priceline's) policies until they affected YOU.

If you want to be able to cancel your reservations you do not use a company that makes non-refundable bookings. I mean what part of non-refundable did you not understand?

No one screwed you over. You gambled and you lost. Period. Man up, dude.

They would most likely start on the West Coast and do the shows in Cali, SLC, etc, and do the East Coast shows in May or possibly early June.

There was 2-3 inches of snow at Rice Eccles stadium on Monday of this week. Utah in the spring is very unpredictable as to weather. The forecast for June 3 (when U2 was to open the tour) is a chance of rain with lows in the 50's, so anything earlier than June is probably not a good idea for a stadium show.

Nothing tops the 90F temps that Tampa got in October last fall...it was over 100F on that metal floor in GA! (Normally Tampa is in the 60F-70F range that time of year...)

That was the only U2 show that I've ever had to leave early - my sister got heat sickness.

Got to see the "sick" room at Raymond James though. That was interesting - and all of the beds were full of people just like my sister. It was brutal.

So fingers crossed if and when Miami is rescheduled, it won't be in July. I was kind of dreading that. :reject: But then again, if I could get through the Tampa show, I can get through anything. It sort of felt like a badge of honor that I didn't pass out :lol:

IF the NA leg is in April/May next year, then I bet Fanfire is going to find ways to "extort" more money from me for the U2 membership subscription renewal. Mine (and a bunch of other people's) ends in March 2011. I bet they're not "refunding" the presale codes to people who are returning the tickets, and they're going to entice people to renew their subscription again. It feels like an endless game...

If its May/June I won't be able to go. Hoping the dates will remain somewhat the same.

Exactly, I'm having problems with my Oakland hotel. It is $187.00, which is nothing considering how much some people lost with airline fees, but it is stilll my hard earned money.

Hotwire is refunding one of my purchases. It took a lot of work and calls but they pulled through. I just don't think you should pay in full for something you are not using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom