Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That quote needs to be taken with a grain of salt and put in the "Bono says a lot of things" file folder.

U2 don't have a big history with premiering stuff live before it's release date is known. I can only think of the BB King duet, Slow Dancing and the We Love You song/jam done in Europe on Elevation.

Edge said they where intending to play new songs live. he's not the kind guy to throw stuff around like that, and never do it, especially when Bono agrees on that part, there is virtually no way back.:lol:

I'd guess the set will be drastically different than what it was in 2009 considering at the time they were plugging "No Line On The Horizon" which had been released at the beginning of 2009 and has turned out to be one of their poorest selling albums in their entire catalog. I'd be shocked if they play more than 2 - 3 songs off a 2 1/2 year old album when they finally hit North America.

T.B.

There are plenty of us who think NLOTH has plenty of *amazing songs* on it, making it one of their best ever!!!
I think it's equal to AB (which is my favorite- making them = a tie)ANd,yes, JT would be my 2nd fav then..

They're probably keep CT because the crowd reaction was so great!
I hope they'll at least rotate 2 ( if not 3 :pray:) of these: No Line/Breathe/Magnificent/Unknown Caller and drop MOS and replace it with Fez-Being Born.

:)

I am so happy thats it's all going ahead!!! just 24 nights till Frankfurt, hope there are a lot of new songs played live:hyper:

I can't stop watching the film on U2.com, but is it posible for someone here to put here the words what they all say? because some of it is not really clear to me, Thank you!

If anyone was wondering Ticketmaster are refunding those who don't want to wait.

I sent them an email (by replying to the one they sent out to us notifying us of the cancellation) explaining that we did not want to wait until the new schedule is released cos we had tickets for 4 different shows in different parts of the country and did not know if we would be able to make any of them next year. It was a shame to lose those hard fought for GAs but we hadn't got them (they were on Will Call) and it just seemed too messy to wait any longer.

They wrote back saying they will refund all except their order processing fee once I sent through the name on the CC, the billing address, order references and last 4 digits of the CC.

That was yesterday. Today I got a reply confirming the refunds- so I thought I'd let everyone else know. I am impressed at how Live Nation/Ticketmaster are handling this.

I think Ticketmaster is now refunding processing fees as well (but someone let us know if this is wrong):

This month Ticketmaster will add two additions to its Fan Guarantee: a "cold feet" return policy for the first three days after the ticket purchase, and a refund of all fees for canceled or postponed dates. "All the data tells us this removes barriers to purchase," Garner said of the initiatives.

links:

Live Nation Opens Up To Investors, Details Plans for Future

Ticketmaster Guarantee - Our guarantee to our fans. Official Ticketmaster site

I am so happy thats it's all going ahead!!! just 24 nights till Frankfurt, hope there are a lot of new songs played live:hyper:

I can't stop watching the film on U2.com, but is it posible for someone here to put here the words what they all say? because some of it is not really clear to me, Thank you!

You will have to let us know how the concert is. I would love to hear your review. :wave: We don't get to see them, until next summer.

I'll be in Frankfurt as well, it's coming closer :hyper:

To be honest, I wouldn't be disappointed if I felt Bono is taking it slow for these shows, I'd rather have him stay healthy than overdoing it. I hope his voice is well and rested and if I don't see him jumping around that much I really wouldn't be mad, because I understand why he's not doing it. He should really focus on singing and let the other band members run around the stage more. I hope he takes care :hug:

That said, I'm very optimistic about the shows and I'm getting so exciting thinking about them and the fact that I'll get to see the band again very soon.

You will have to let us know how the concert is. I would love to hear your review. :wave: We don't get to see them, until next summer.

If I remember then I will post a review of the show here , and maybe also from the show in Hannover.
:wave:

I'll be in Frankfurt as well, it's coming closer :hyper:

To be honest, I wouldn't be disappointed if I felt Bono is taking it slow for these shows, I'd rather have him stay healthy than overdoing it. I hope his voice is well and rested and if I don't see him jumping around that much I really wouldn't be mad, because I understand why he's not doing it. He should really focus on singing and let the other band members run around the stage more. I hope he takes care :hug:

That said, I'm very optimistic about the shows and I'm getting so exciting thinking about them and the fact that I'll get to see the band again very soon.

Yes just 21 nights and counting!:hyper:
Iám also going to the show in Hannover, and I still am a little bit woried about Bono, what if he makes a wrong move and end up hurting his back again?:ohmy: But on the other hand, I don't think his doctos would say its OK if it's not.......would they?:hmm:

Cool to see that so many more interferencers will be in Hannover :cute: . Its so close, and I settled everything for it , train , hotel , ticket... ..
I'm not worried for Bono at all, he's gonna love being back.

Front of the GA queue :wink: See you there.
Yes, Frankfurt , Hannover and Both Brussel nights.
I'm gonna be wrecked but its so worth it, New songs being played :drool: I better like them.

i was wondering if anyone can help me out! so i was originally going to the montreal show this year, july 16, now the new postponed dates are out...for july 8, which is fine, i can go. but im concerned about the tickets,

Tickets for the previously scheduled performances will be honoured at the door. Tickets for the rescheduled performances will be available at Concert Tickets and Concert Tour Dates | Official Live Nation Site and all usual outlets. Refunds if required available at point of purchase.

Additional dates and cities to be confirmed.

Does this mean that my tickets are good? i just need to show up wtih my old tickets? because my event was "previously scheduled" but it is also a '"rescheduled event", i find this really confusing!
Does this mean that

i was wondering if anyone can help me out! so i was originally going to the montreal show this year, july 16, now the new postponed dates are out...for july 8, which is fine, i can go. but im concerned about the tickets,

Tickets for the previously scheduled performances will be honoured at the door. Tickets for the rescheduled performances will be available at Concert Tickets and Concert Tour Dates | Official Live Nation Site and all usual outlets. Refunds if required available at point of purchase.

Additional dates and cities to be confirmed.

Does this mean that my tickets are good? i just need to show up wtih my old tickets? because my event was "previously scheduled" but it is also a '"rescheduled event", i find this really confusing!
Does this mean that

Yes, the original tix will be honored at the door. There is nothing you need to do, just show up and enjoy the show..:up:

Back
Top Bottom