Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm hoping maybe I can work Seattle in my schedule. I'm more into working Toronto and Chicago in first, but we'll see what happens.

Let's just hope for better weather in Seattle next year.:D

I'll allow it to be overcast (it was like that for the European shows last summer), but raincoat weather would be ridiculous.

You're probably right but I really hope they come out sooner!

Maybe in October when the baseball schedule is released. If not, we'll at least know about the time the Anaheim, Oakland and Toronto shows will be. There will be a a big away schedule for them.

He probably recovered, but he still has to do some rehabilitation to be fully ready. Or did he do it yet?

Bono has fully recovered from a back injury sustained in May while rehearsing for the planned 360 Tour in Europe. Sources today confirm that the Dublin-based singer will be back on stage with U2 to resume touring, starting in Turin, Italy on the 1st week of August.
The extensive surgery the U2 front-man had to undergo coupled with a long recovery time meant cancelling 17 concert dates in the US and putting the European leg on indefinite hold.
The band also had to cancel their headline slot at Glastonbury music festival in June.
Bono’s orders from the doctors were to rest for two months.
U2’s manage Paul McGuinness figured the fixed overheads meant that the band and tour promoter Live Nation was eating as much as £500,000 a day.

I wonder who are the sources..:hmm:

Less than two weeks until stage set up/rehearsels start in Turin. As much as I love all these clips from the RoseBowl, wouldn't it be an idea for U2.com to give us an update on how things are going?

Or is no news, good news.....?

I can't imagine they would postpone the show at this late stage, so I'm going to assume no news is good news.

*fingers crossed*

Less than two weeks until stage set up/rehearsels start in Turin. As much as I love all these clips from the RoseBowl, wouldn't it be an idea for U2.com to give us an update on how things are going?

Or is no news, good news.....?

I have assumed no news is good news. Going to Turin from UK and didnt want to leave bookings until the last minute, so last week booked flights and hotel.

I would think that, by now, Bono and the band have taken all sorts of precautions and certainly won't wait until the last minute to confirm or cancel/postpone shows. I'm sure Bono has been working up to the tour start and has been conferring with doctors and therapists for a professional opinion and outlook. I don't think U2 would risk anything with that right now, especially after they already had to have shows cancelled and postponed on very short notice. So I would say: Right now no news is good news. I think most of us have already made travel arrangements for the European shows, I have, too, so let's just chose to stay optimistic about those dates :)

True......though, from what was said in the press. Bono's surgery was an emergency. I think if he wasn't progressing as the DR.S hope for. There would have been a statement, by now, in regards to postponing the entire tour.

So, I agree.....no news is good news. Keep our fingers crossed.

Did anyone ever see a photoshop of Bono as the boy in the plastic bubble on stage?

That image just popped into my head. Not talented enough to make that happen with PS.

Back
Top Bottom