LP13 Discussion - Rock Bottom: Still No F#@&*ng News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ps2.gif

"Did I HeaRR a siRen ?"

What if they called the album "Sirens" because every song is a duet with a different famous female singer?
Oh wouldn't that go down like a lead balloon! ?

A new version of Streets with Mary J Blige will definitely be gratefully received.

But yes, my initial thought when I saw that it was the possible name of the first single was 'Pearl Jam'.

(Pearl Jam's version is just beautiful, though)

Can't. Get. Excited.

Sirens the new solar? Account hacked? I just can't believe it yet. As Ax said, give me two listens and I might come around...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh boy, second time I edit this post.

So. I did some checks. On May 22nd, U2Valencia posted a picture of a siren circuit scheme, as a hint, as a cover on their Facebook. This proves that U2Valencia even came before Universal Colombia with this 'siren' thing. This could be seen positively - meaning 2 different sources have the same (or similar) piece of news; or negatively - if some bored dude working at Universal Colombia actually reads U2Valencia Facebook - but if that happened, the label should fire him/her, don't you think?

http://www.facebook.com/U2Valencia/...8213571768/685967288107522/?type=1&permPage=1

Oh boy, second time I edit this post.

So. I did some checks. On May 22nd, U2Valencia posted a picture of a siren circuit scheme, as a hint, as a cover on their Facebook. This proves that U2Valencia even came before Universal Colombia with this 'siren' thing. This could be seen positively - meaning 2 different sources have the same (or similar) piece of news; or negatively - if some bored dude working at Universal Colombia actually reads U2Valencia Facebook - but if that happened, the label should fire him/her, don't you think?

U2Valencia - Cover Photos | Facebook

interesting!

They captioned the picture: The Future

Regarding the tweet, I would think that if it was just some intern goofing around and making stuff up, they would send another tweet and issue an apology/correction. The fact that they haven't addressed it might lend to the idea that someone said something they shouldn't have.

Zoo Lemon- nice find, by the way. That's actually kind of cool.

But yes, my initial thought when I saw that it was the possible name of the first single was 'Pearl Jam'.

(Pearl Jam's version is just beautiful, though)

Agreed. Ranks up there with some of my favorite Pearl Jam songs, which is a very crowded list.

"Yellow Moon" is great as well.

on July 5, U2valencia tweeted:
Deseando oir todas las sirenas del mundo empezar a sonar!

Don't know Spanish, but I'm guessing that was a hint

Hmmmm.

Like a siren she calls to me...
You've got a head full of traffic, You're a siren's song...
The sirens are wailing but it's me that wants to get away...

I can't believe they've planned this one since the early 90's...

Too many clues dropped here and there in the lyrics..

Good job Jick ! :up: :wink:

"The term "siren song" refers to an appeal that is hard to resist but that, if heeded, will lead to a bad conclusion."

So perhaps this could be seen as the final evidence that the band does indeed know about the existence of Interference.

Universal Al Queda just tweeted:

"Death to America, Soccer Moms, and U2"

We're getting close! :hyper:

Bing translator :

"Looking forward to hear all the mermaids in the world start ringing!"

There must be some truth to this from Insiders...Even more if this started late May :hmm:

In this case, "sirenas" means indeed "sirens".

Interesting that they were sending this out on 5 July :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom