Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So how late do people think I could leave booking Turin for? At the moment I am willing to pay the flight costs but would possibly be deterred if they went up. I'm not around after mid next week as I'm off to not see U2 in New York:lol:. I'm not back until the 22nd which leaves 2 weeks til showtime. Do you think the flights will have gone up by then?

I'm sorry, but Bono is still in the hospital?:sad: I heard it on the radio but... What about Russia, does anybody know? I've bought two tickets for the concert in Moscow (I've dreamed about it a long), but can it be...:sad:

I'm sorry, but Bono is still in the hospital?:sad: I heard it on the radio but... What about Russia, does anybody know? I've bought two tickets for the concert in Moscow (I've dreamed about it a long), but can it be...:sad:

What are you talking about?

He's been photographed up and about in France a few times since his surgery - he's been out of the hospital for quite some time now.

Bono's surgery was on 21 May. He was discharged from hospital on 25 May and has been in the South of France since then. There are various recent pictures of him and people who've met him say he's fine and recovering well.

Thanks for the information. I don't want to follow Bono, understand me right, I'm anxious about that if there will be continuing of 360 Degrees Tour. By when approximately Bono will be recovered?

There hasn't been any news to lead us to think he won't be ready. I think no news is good news for the tour, but honestly, if I were going to one of the early Europe dates, I'd be getting a little antsy and would want a word of confirmation.

There hasn't been any news to lead us to think he won't be ready. I think no news is good news for the tour, but honestly, if I were going to one of the early Europe dates, I'd be getting a little antsy and would want a word of confirmation.

^like stage construction progress photos and rehearsal talk. Yes.

:sad: Are you trying to get me nervous?

:hopestourwillgoonasplanned:

:hugsfrankfurtandhannovertickets::sad:

All will be well and much things more. I`m happy about the new tourdates, that my niece will see U2 next year at Soldier Field and the ticketgift comes from her best uncle in her opinion. Crazy crazy crazy uncle Eastfly:D.

To Turin or not to Turin?

HI all, long time no post....

I have a dilemma which in the grand scheme of things is not bad at all considering all else that is going on in the world. However, for this desicion I am enlisting the feedback/poll/advice of my fellow u2 fans.

Long story short...for my 40th surprise b-day party in April a dear friend of mine who lives in Italy and who I have attended U2 shows in Rome, Munich, and dublin in the past, sent me a ticket (2) one for me and one for fiance) to the Aug 6th show in Turin...or Torino depending on where you are from!

My diemma is we still have not bought plane tix, my fiance cannot afford to go anyways because of her work and one kid's freshman college expenses...so if I go it will most likely be by myself for a weekend. Soooo....is it worth AT LEAST $1500 for a plane ticket for a U2 show that would be historic if it happens but in worst case may....just may be either cancelled or (gasp) subpar if Bono is still not 100%?? TO be open I have been very very lucky, downright blessed....my cup has run over for U2shows! I have been incredibly lucky to work the Vertigo Tour as a merch vendor and have seen u2 70 times. Question now is as a history buff,a huge U2 fan, but now a 40 year old, is this worth the risk? Will my friend from Italy be mad at me if I dont go? Is this just pure fanaticism or are the economics just too high to justify a what-if show?

Appreciate any and all feedback as I try to decide what to do here? I know I know one should be so lucky to have this dilemma! I am...and I thank God for it everyday!

thx again

:)

I have a dilemma which in the grand scheme of things is not bad at all considering all else that is going on in the world. However, for this desicion I am enlisting the feedback/poll/advice of my fellow u2 fans.

Long story short...for my 40th surprise b-day party in April a dear friend of mine who lives in Italy and who I have attended U2 shows in Rome, Munich, and dublin in the past, sent me a ticket (2) one for me and one for fiance) to the Aug 6th show in Turin...or Torino depending on where you are from!

My diemma is we still have not bought plane tix, my fiance cannot afford to go anyways because of her work and one kid's freshman college expenses...so if I go it will most likely be by myself for a weekend. Soooo....is it worth AT LEAST $1500 for a plane ticket for a U2 show that would be historic if it happens but in worst case may....just may be either cancelled or (gasp) subpar if Bono is still not 100%?? TO be open I have been very very lucky, downright blessed....my cup has run over for U2shows! I have been incredibly lucky to work the Vertigo Tour as a merch vendor and have seen u2 70 times. Question now is as a history buff,a huge U2 fan, but now a 40 year old, is this worth the risk? Will my friend from Italy be mad at me if I dont go? Is this just pure fanaticism or are the economics just too high to justify a what-if show?

Appreciate any and all feedback as I try to decide what to do here? I know I know one should be so lucky to have this dilemma! I am...and I thank God for it everyday!

thx again

As someone who is off to New York thursday, from the UK, I can understand your plight. But hey I'm off to New York for a week:drool: Like having a sumptious cake without the icing!
Todays news/update has made me more optimistic about the Turin show going ahead. I say if you can afford it then go for it!

and I'll see you there

thx again

See if you swap them for ROME if that helps travel plans.

I'm sure TURIN will be covered with a 20 camera angle fan-made video.

The vibe when U2/Bono walks onstage in turin will be HUUUGE, plus it's the only Euro city that should have multiple setlist order and production surprises(beyond rehearsal song spoilers).

The vibe when U2/Bono walks onstage in turin will be HUUUGE, plus it's the only Euro city that should have multiple setlist order and production surprises(beyond rehearsal song spoilers).

:drool: For real. I can't wait to participate vicariously via internet.

thx again

It will be worth it.. Opening night of a new leg.. Possible new never before heard songs... I'd go

Possible new never before heard songs...

That quote needs to be taken with a grain of salt and put in the "Bono says a lot of things" file folder.

U2 don't have a big history with premiering stuff live before it's release date is known. I can only think of the BB King duet, Slow Dancing and the We Love You song/jam done in Europe on Elevation.

Incredibly, most of these dates are at least a year later than their original dates, plus factor in the tickets were originally on sale around October of 2009!

I'd guess the set will be drastically different than what it was in 2009 considering at the time they were plugging "No Line On The Horizon" which had been released at the beginning of 2009 and has turned out to be one of their poorest selling albums in their entire catalog. I'd be shocked if they play more than 2 - 3 songs off a 2 1/2 year old album when they finally hit North America.

T.B.

Incredibly, most of these dates are at least a year later than their original dates, plus factor in the tickets were originally on sale around October of 2009!

I'd guess the set will be drastically different than what it was in 2009 considering at the time they were plugging "No Line On The Horizon" which had been released at the beginning of 2009 and has turned out to be one of their poorest selling albums in their entire catalog. I'd be shocked if they play more than 2 - 3 songs off a 2 1/2 year old album when they finally hit North America.

T.B.

Vertigo was almost as old by the time they got to Hawaii.

Vertigo was almost as old by the time they got to Hawaii.

Yeah, but HTDAAB was a vastly more popular album fueled by the enormously successful single "Vertigo." U2 also played several deep cuts on that last leg such as One Tree Hill, Kite and new songs Windows in the Skies and The Saints Are coming were debuted.

Back
Top Bottom