2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
58836368.jpg

Great find :up:

I just hope there isn't any dancing from band members involved :no:

More stage movements than outright dance movements - think UTEOTW, Crazy Tonight and Ultraviolet from the last tour, although it's also just the subtle back and forth on the stage.

Slight chance U2 plays the entire show over FaceTime while stand ins dance and the whole stage is just one giant screen.

Bono will make love to the camera via his wheelchair.

Epic!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2enEspaña ‏@U2enEspana

There will be a 4th @U2 show at @PalauSantJordi #Barcelona on Oct 10th. Ticks Feb 19th. Presale before. Announcement tomorrow #U2ieTOUR #u2

I guess we'll also have an announcement for another London show soon.

U2enEspaña ‏@U2enEspana

I guess we'll also have an announcement for another London show soon.

The only seats left for london 5 are the £165 tickets. You can get the £90 seats but there only singles

Im hoping they add a 6th!

New York as well. Not sure about LA or Chicago though...

The 7/30 NYC show seems to be selling quite a bit better than either of the added shows in LA or Chicago - there are quite a few seats in the lower corner sections ($312+VIP) but it looks like only scattered single seats in the upper deck. I wouldn't mind another NYC show. I have to make up for all the years I couldn't go to shows due to work, school, no $$, etc. Right?

The 7/30 NYC show seems to be selling quite a bit better than either of the added shows in LA or Chicago - there are quite a few seats in the lower corner sections ($312+VIP) but it looks like only scattered single seats in the upper deck. I wouldn't mind another NYC show. I have to make up for all the years I couldn't go to shows due to work, school, no $$, etc. Right?

Yep, while it wasn't quite the ticket buying frenzy that the other show on sales had, NYC still is selling well (non-paperless probably is a factor too). Curious thing I am noticing though w/NYC vis-a-vis LA and Chicago, the ticket price scales in the stands seem to actually be a bit lower in NY than either in LA or Chicago - tix that I know were $86 in NYC (at least for NYC 3-7) are $107 in similar locations in Chicago 7/2, and $117 in LA 6/3, and some tix that were $118 for NYC are $280-$312 in Chicago/LA. I know GAs were $9 more in NY than Chicago though.

Will this tour go down as a flop ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No. It's still sold better than most other acts.

The most likely possibility is that they simply played to such a large number of people on the last tour that they saturated their own market. It's a long time for us fans since they've been on tour, but not a long time for the casual fans who only wanted to see U2 so that they could say they've seen U2. The album not capturing many imaginations certainly didn't help.

This is the point where many will come in with the price argument.

These prices are NOT expensive for a city where mid level studio apartments go for $2000/month and up.

The high prices haven't helped, but they aren't the main cause. Anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves.

The high prices haven't helped, but they aren't the main cause. Anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves.

You maybe right but i dont think its any coincidence that for every show the cheaper tickets sell out within a flash but some of the most expensive tickets dont sell.

I think that U2 are no longer the MUST SEE band, especially in the UK and the US. The SOI/Apple "scandal" and the ripple effect backlash it caused are probably the main reasons. But there's a few other factors, like PRICE, the fact that U2 are not a current band with any current HITZ, and that so many people saw them on Vertigo and 360 and have crossed them off their bucket list.

However, if U2 are able to sell this many tickets at these prices, logic still dictates that if prices were around Vertigo prices, we'd have more tickets sold. The situation is not dire, people. Having a couple hundred $300 tickets still available is not a big deal in an arena that holds 18,000. U2 will eventually get asses in those seats, even if they have to discount them or give them away as corporate perks or something. Of the shows available, the only ones I would say may not sell out are LA 5, Chicago 4, Chicago 5, maybe one of the later Montreal shows, and the midweek Boston shows may have a few still available.

I think the only show where they might have to rearrange some seating and put up partitions and curtain off some sections is Chicago 5. I'll be at that show, so it'll be interesting to see how empty it is.

U2 are a classic rock band now. Most classic rock bands can't play 5 nights at the United Center, or 7 nights at Madison Square Garden. A band like Rush or Aerosmith would struggle to sell out 2 shows in those venues. Even the Rolling Stones didn't SELL OUT many of their US arena shows in 2013, despite what Billboard says about "sellouts". Also, the Stones, Aerosmith, Rush, etc don't do 360 shows, even in arenas. Springsteen is a very popular live act, but he plays to not quite sold out arenas all the time. SELLING OUT has always been very important to U2. I saw Springsteen in Columbus last year, and I think the official Billboard tally was 13,500 out of 16,000 something. The arena was in a 270 configuration, and you could see some empty rows in the upper bowl. But nobody really cared, Bruce didn't seem to care, and the show went on. If U2 thought there was a chance they would only sell 13,000 tickets in Columbus, which they probably would, they just wouldn't come. Even Elevation tour had some arenas not sold out, and some shows were only 270 degrees, with a curtain covering up the unsold seats behind the stage. The shows I saw in Columbus and Indianapolis were like that, but appeared sold out otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom