2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got tickets on the app after an hour and a half trying through each method.

NYC night 3. Section 111, Rear Stage (the 86 dollar tickets).

Please tell me rear stage isn't terrible? Plus, Bono moves around a lot so I assume he'll face each side at some point?

I had tickets behind the stage in Toronto for the Elevation tour, they were great.

Exactly. Don't panic. Shows are a long time away. Plenty of people here will be selling tickets, etc.

And more shows will be added. They are making it easy on themselves but not traveling much, so playing 2 or 8 shows in same city is better than playing 2 shows in 4 cities. That's the whole idea.

also maybe people think Chris Martin is filing in for the tour also...

I just commented above that rear stage lowers are some of the best value tix around - you will enjoy.

I had tickets behind the stage in Toronto for the Elevation tour, they were great.

Thanks! Yeah I was just hoping I wouldn't be blocked by a screen or something. 360 obviously that wasn't a problem, hope its the same here.

Though we don't know the stage setup yet.

What time does Ticketmaster.ca use? I read somewhere before there is a website we should be looking at so we're not constantly refreshing. Any tips would be great.

I know it's last-minute, but *is* there any way to transfer tix to a friend if I end up not being able to get to that city?

i.e. CAN MY FRIEND IN NC HELP ME WITH LA TICKETS if she's not going to LA?

For paperless tickets, to the best of my knowledge, there's no confirmation as to whether we'll be able to transfer tickets between people or not.
So if you want GA, right now I would trend towards no.

Exactly. Don't panic. Shows are a long time away. Plenty of people here will be selling tickets, etc.

And more shows will be added. They are making it easy on themselves but not traveling much, so playing 2 or 8 shows in same city is better than playing 2 shows in 4 cities. That's the whole idea.

also maybe people think Chris Martin is filing in for the tour also...

Haha! I love Chris Martin but I hope not!

I wouldn't mind, but I'll bet there will be no transfer. It would totally defeat the purpose of the paperless tickets.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

It would be nice if there was some loophole, where you could transfer tickets given certain special circumstances. Like, make it possible, but not easy.
Don't ask me how this would be done logistically tho.

They did it a bit on the 360 tour. We saw them on day 2 in Anaheim and the set list was definitely different than day 1. I'm sure there will be repeats both nights, but they can still vary the set list a bit as they need.

4 minutes - man buying U2 tickets is always such a nerve wracking experience.

Whoa, that was intense. My hands were shaking. I'm pretty sure that took years off my life. I managed to get 1 GA for Chicago 1 thru the app, but the browser just spun and spun and would be really inconsistent with wait times.

Anyone for an interference Chicago meetup?!?

Question - if I had a single 100 level seat ticket, is it kosher to offer to trade that for 2 GAs? Never done trading before and I'm still going to be trying to score 2 GA for myself and a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sweet - snagged 2 GAs for San Jose 1 via the mobile app at 10:06 am, and then got 2 more GAs for San Jose 1 via the mobile app at 10:09. I already got 2 GAs for San Jose 2 in the presale.

Bring on 2015!! :drool:

I Pulled up GAs for Vancouver 2 and when I tried to buy them, it had me enter in my credit card info, even though i was logged into my account, and it was only allowing Canadian addresses to purchase. Anyone else run into that?

Fortunately my wife got the GAs on the app and I am fine in spite of this cock up by TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom