2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how quickly they will announce additional shows?

I wasn't able to get anything for Chicago 2nd night. Same for Phoenix 2nd night. Ticketmaster and the scalpers must want me to save money. At least I have 2 GA for Chicago 1st night. Tried the app. Tried desktop. Just don't want to mess around with Ticketmaster spinning wait times any longer...

As expected, Phoenix is the easiest ticket on the tour. I just got 2 GAs for each night.

I wasn't able to get anything for Chicago 2nd night. Same for Phoenix 2nd night. Ticketmaster and the scalpers must want me to save money. At least I have 2 GA for Chicago 1st night. Tried the app. Tried desktop. Just don't want to mess around with Ticketmaster spinning wait times any longer...

Same thing here.

:wave: I'll be in 313 that night (322 on the 24th)

We're hoping to snag resale tix for Chicago 1. Night 2 was our first choice just because we're more "experience" than "innocence"

Gonna ask around the forum once we can afford another set of tix... $130 for 3 nosebleeds is cheap but right at Xmas? Was a stretch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Does anyone know how quickly they will announce additional shows?
My guess is that additional shows will be announced on Tuesday or Wednesday with Experience presales on Thursday and Innocence on Friday with the public sale next Monday I think they want all sales done before Christmas.

Ditto here for trying to get Chicago 2. Have GA's for the first night also. I live out here so I really want to do both shows since I can't travel anywhere next year to catch another show.

They can't really only be playing 2 shows for the entire midsection of the US....so I have faith they will be adding multiple shows to Chicago.

They can't really only be playing 2 shows for the entire midsection of the US....so I have faith they will be adding multiple shows to Chicago.

The rumored Itinerary that was fairly correct had Chicago expanding to up to 6 shows, so I expect a minimum of 2 more there. There's a large gap in the schedule.

PHX success!

As expected, Phoenix is the easiest ticket on the tour. I just got 2 GAs for each night.

After striking out a couple of times on the app and online I saw your post and tried again. Scored a couple of GA tickets for the second night. :up:

Fairly ridiculous what's coming up as $312 seats in the 200 sections at MSG (like 213/226 several rows up) when there are pretty decent $118/$86 seats to be had in the lowers. Always say that if you can't do GA that rear view lowers are some of the best value tix around.

I'm so torn...I've had 3 browsers with spinning wheels for an hour and a quarter, but it is getting close to lunch time. I'm afraid to leave cause I'm sure I'll get tickets when they stop spinning.

So any official news on what the difference between the two nights will be?

I knew tickets would go fast, and beggers can't be choosers, so I took what I could get. Given this paperless no selling/trading business, I'm doubting I'll be able to score a ticket to the second show.

Im wondering the same thing. I was trying for night one while my girlfriend tried for night 2. Mine popped up first so we got night one. Now wondering what that means for the setlist.

I got tickets on the app after an hour and a half trying through each method.

NYC night 3. Section 111, Rear Stage (the 86 dollar tickets).

Please tell me rear stage isn't terrible? Plus, Bono moves around a lot so I assume he'll face each side at some point?

Im wondering the same thing. I was trying for night one while my girlfriend tried for night 2. Mine popped up first so we got night one. Now wondering what that means for the setlist.

Exactly.

I like the idea of them being different, and being surprised. I just wish he had a bit more info so we could make an informed choice (if we weren't so crazy desperate that we'd take anything we could get our hands on ;) )

Also, having "seat numbers" on GA tickets still messes with my mind. :p

ETA:
I love how there's a wait time on TM to look at my own order.....

just a warning for those who are saying "using 2 browsers" i had my IP blocked by ticketmaster for 24 hours one time when i was trying to buy tickets because i was using multiple ways and refreshing on more than 1. they think you're a robot or scalper or something. trust me it's not worth it.

My guess is that additional shows will be announced on Tuesday or Wednesday with Experience presales on Thursday and Innocence on Friday with the public sale next Monday I think they want all sales done before Christmas.

Seems a reasonable guess - Barcelona is the last one for general sale tomorrow so following the pattern of the first batch of shows would appear to be likely. Assume that Dublin will follow next year some time.

How did people fare in general in the Innocence pre-sales in Europe, was GA readily available? Debating whether or not to find a couple of friends to whom I can gift a pre-sale U2.com membership to.

Fairly ridiculous what's coming up as $312 seats in the 200 sections at MSG (like 213/226 several rows up) when there are pretty decent $118/$86 seats to be had in the lowers. Always say that if you can't do GA that rear view lowers are some of the best value tix around.

I'm guessing the screen/stage design has something to do with the seemingly odd pricing scheme.

It's kinda shitty for the band to not show what the layout looks like, as well as their plans for the two unique shows, prior to the tickets going on sale.

I know it's last-minute, but *is* there any way to transfer tix to a friend if I end up not being able to get to that city?

i.e. CAN MY FRIEND IN NC HELP ME WITH LA TICKETS if she's not going to LA?

I got tickets on the app after an hour and a half trying through each method.

NYC night 3. Section 111, Rear Stage (the 86 dollar tickets).

Please tell me rear stage isn't terrible? Plus, Bono moves around a lot so I assume he'll face each side at some point?

I just commented above that rear stage lowers are some of the best value tix around - you will enjoy.

I think they have shot themselves in the foot a bit on pricing.
I'm Surprised these shows are not selling out quicker.
I think they priced the GA too low and the top price a bit too high.
GA's should have been $99 or even $125, Bad lowers $149 and top priced $250.
Still this is U2 in an Arena, all I can guess is alot of people don't know about this yet.
It will sellout... just slowly.
Glad I have my SJ Floors!

FYI for anyone thinking about buying the re-sale tickets...More tickets may become available throughout the day because of declined cards/other reasons. So you may want to check periodically throughout the day.

Also, if you can wait, venues usually release extra tickets at random times before the shows. They may get tickets returned for promotions that were never used, so they'll sell them through the box office.

How different can they make each night? It seems like every tour there is the wish for more varied setlists, but with many casual fans in the building at $300/ticket I'm not so sure.

Those casual fans will expect to hear the 'hits'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom