2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got news from someone that will work in the production of the U2 shows here in Chile that the situation on the dates and tickets sale will be cleared up "late December, early January"

:mad::angry::censored::madwife::silent::banghead::yell:

I got news from someone that will work in the production of the U2 shows here in Chile that the situation on the dates and tickets sale will be cleared up "late December, early January"

So that means the shows would be happening 2 months after tickets go on sale? Does that make sense?

So that means the shows would be happening 2 months after tickets go on sale? Does that make sense?

It's more advance notice than Paul McCartney gave! His recent South American shows were held just a month or so after they were announced.

It's more advance notice than Paul McCartney gave! His recent South American shows were held just a month or so after they were announced.

Has U2 ever given that short notice before?

well, for the Vertigo Tour, tickets were put on sale on January 11, general sale only, and the show was on February 26th

we (fans) knew they were coming, but it took a while for the announcement and the tickets sale

well, for the Vertigo Tour, tickets were put on sale on January 11, general sale only, and the show was on February 26th

we (fans) knew they were coming, but it took a while for the announcement and the tickets sale

Sounds like history will repeat itself!

Hm, then I'm not sure. I'm Boots, so perhaps only the members who were a member during the 2009 presales can have three?

Hmmm, maybe. I'm pissed off because I was a paid member waaaaaaay before 2009 (I'm a member since 2004) and all of the sudden my account dissappeared and I had to re register. And they never gave me a proper answer. :grumpy:

Ah FFS! Seriously? Then the confirmation for all the South American dates will be delayed because they were planing to release the Argentinian, Brazilian and Chilean dates at the same time. :angry:

This is getting silly.

And the Argentine promoters really need to just let River Plate go. What's so bad about playing elsewhere anyway?

haha lowlands could be cool!!!

Although I also don't believe Pinkpop is happening, it's not completely impossible/unlikely. There is a gap of 10 days in their NA-leg. It could be a nice try-out for Glastonbury ;-)
In 2009 Glastonbury and Pinkpop had an exclusive performance from The Boss... The Netherlands is a big U2-market.

But Pink[pops budget could be a problem. They never paid more than ~1 million to a band.

Actually pinkpop promoter/organiser Jan Smeets , is trying to lure U2 over this year.
Also in the last Pinkpop booklet he said it was his dream to see them back one more time on Pinkpop, since their last time in the 80's.
I wouldn't close it out. Obviously this has been on the rumor mill for many years now.
So it has to come out once.

Arghhh, I can't book a flight on that basis. :angry: Maybe I should've gone for Mexico instead. :madspit:

I've just received extraoficial confirmation that the presale for Banco Frances customers will take place on the firt weekend of December (Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th) and two days before that U2.com will have their presale.

I think I'm going to puke from the excitement. :hyper:

I'm sooooooooooooo not going to be able to concentrate for the exam I have to sit for at 2 pm. :lol:

I've just received extraoficial confirmation that the presale for Banco Frances customers will take place on the firt weekend of December (Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th) and two days before that U2.com will have their presale.

I'm sooooooooooooo not going to be able to concentrate for the exam I have to sit for at 2 pm. :lol:

:shifty:

:applaud:

:shifty:

Really? Wow! Fingers crosssed amiga!

I must admit that even though I couldn't make it to SouthAmerica for the shows I would feel certain relief once the shows are announced. This suspense has just driven me crazy (and it's not even my country!)..... :crazy:

I guess that means they will be playing new stuff by the time they get to Mexico. It better be good.

well they said they'd be playing a whole new set for down under as well... with a bunch of surprises!

ooooor the same exact setlist from europe, with the addition of the very much expected one tree hill. scarlet's certainly a surprise. so, um, one surprise.

oh good lord, it's only been one show.

Yeah, sucks for NZ, but I think once they get their feet wet again after these shows and they start getting the kind of gaps between shows they had before, we'll see more songs added in over the leg.

They did a fair amount on Leg 3.

If one were to put stock in soundchecks and rehearsals over the last number of days, we could be looking in just a few hours at a shake up similar to Boston 2 or Helsinki 2. (Bad, TUF, NYD, Boy Falls, Mercy, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom