2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange. They haven't played on 3 subsequent days`since 1997 if I remember well...

But great news for Europe!!!

Who is Sam?

I guess that they are hoping to add a third show because the demand will be huge. The first time they played in Buenos Aires was back in 1998 and they had 3 shows. They played again in 2006 but that time around they had just 2 shows.

Sam= Sam O'Sullivan

I guess that they are hoping to add a third show because the demand will be huge. The first time they played in Buenos Aires was back in 1998 and they had 3 shows. They played again in 2006 but that time around they had just 2 shows.

Sam= Sam O'Sullivan

Sam O'Sullivan...hmmm that's a reliable source!! I'm hoping for Amsterdam now!!!

I meant 3 days in a row without break...but of course not impossible. 3 legs in one continent also almost never happened, so why not?

wooooooooooohoooooooooo excited!!!

That's strange. They haven't played on 3 subsequent days`since 1997 if I remember well...

It happened twice in 2001 as well. The Vertigo Tour is the only completed U2 tour without any examples of 3 shows on 3 consecutive days.

Well, Miss, I have good news for you: Sam said that after the US tour next year, they are planning to go back to Europe and Ireland. Nothing definite yet, but it is in the works with Live Nation. :D

Thanks. I'd hoped it was a bit more finalised by now (memories back to I think it was Elevation or Vertigo tour where plans for another run at Europe were abandoned). I guess with a new album coming out though they would be daft not to play Europe on the back of it.

Also Willie's diary today talks a little enigmatically about "we have almost as many shows to play as we have already played on this tour. Still, at least I think there’s a good chance that we’re in the final year of the tour now. But then you never know with this lot."

If they play say 8 shows in South America and another 12 in Europe that would make it about 56 more shows to go against 66 already played if I've counted right.

Thanks. I'd hoped it was a bit more finalised by now (memories back to I think it was Elevation or Vertigo tour where plans for another run at Europe were abandoned). I guess with a new album coming out though they would be daft not to play Europe on the back of it.

Also Willie's diary today talks a little enigmatically about "we have almost as many shows to play as we have already played on this tour. Still, at least I think there’s a good chance that we’re in the final year of the tour now. But then you never know with this lot."

If they play say 8 shows in South America and another 12 in Europe that would make it about 56 more shows to go against 66 already played if I've counted right.

Oh man, I wish I had access to Willie's diary.

And yes, 66 is correct. :up:

U2 and The Rolling Stones will play in Colombia next year.

Google Translate

"Yes sir, as we were told, a multinational company would liquor to the supergroup U2, to be presented in Cartagena."

Thanks, man.

I just bought non-refundable plane tickets to Bogota and prepaid my hotel in Cartagena based on this solid article.

Oh god, the U2 in Colombia rumour AGAIN? I thought we'd managed to dodge that for 2010.

"Yes sir, as we were told, a multinational company would liquor to the supergroup U2, to be presented in Cartagena."

Thanks, man.

I just bought non-refundable plane tickets to Bogota and prepaid my hotel in Cartagena based on this solid article.

hmm so what date did you book your flights and hotel because the article doesn't say....:hmm: oh wait that's why I posted it in the "rumors" thread..lol

I've just been told that it is confirmed there will be a presale for U2.com subscribers before the Banco Frances presale. :hyper:

I'm so relieved because I have to presale codes that otherwise would have gone to waste.

I've just been told that it is confirmed there will be a presale for U2.com subscribers before the Banco Frances presale. :hyper:

I'm so relieved because I have to presale codes that otherwise would have gone to waste.

any news that doesn't involve Argentina? :p

BTW, anybody know...I used one full pre-sale code on U.S. shows in 2009, renewed January 2010 and have a pre-sale code that I haven't used yet. I was reading the u2.com FAQ and it sounds like I can renew again now and get another code, and then have two codes - is that right? Or wait to use the one I have and then renew to get the other code to use right away?

Yes you can renew for a third code. :) I have three codes right now, two used and one unnused. The third one starts with U23.

I renewed my subscription this morning because it was set to expire on December 1st but I still haven't received my third code. Does it take a while for new code to appear in your account info or I'm not getting a new one because I'm in the Magnificent group? I read the Q&A and if I understood correctly, if you are in that group you can only get up to two codes. Is that correct? I'm a bit confused to be honest.

Oh man, I wish I had access to Willie's diary.

And yes, 66 is correct. :up:

have obviously missed something- there is a new U2 album coming out???

they've done 2 runs through Europe (not here in the UK though), somehow I don't see them doing a third Euro-leg in 2011. Although I'm happy to be proved wrong!

have obviously missed something- there is a new U2 album coming out???

they've done 2 runs through Europe (not here in the UK though), somehow I don't see them doing a third Euro-leg in 2011. Although I'm happy to be proved wrong!

Paul McGuinness - “I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks. I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour which starts in May,” he said.

wow...that means there are ~30 shows to be announced...!?!?!?!?

Yes you can renew for a third code. :) I have three codes right now, two used and one unnused. The third one starts with U23.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear. :D So now I have to hope for S. America that I can at least use one code for multiple shows per country, in which case I am set.

Speaking of which, I want an announcement! :scream:

Speaking of which, I want an announcement! :scream:

Another Monday has come and gone without an announcement.

Though I guess they can still wait a few days if they want to have a South American presale this weekend.

Have we seen the last of the North American announcements for next year though?

I'm still wondering about the huge gap inbetween Oakland and Anaheim.

Other than that, I think the announcements for the NA leg are close to over. 20+ shows seems enough.

I'm still wondering about the huge gap inbetween Oakland and Anaheim.

Other than that, I think the announcements for the NA leg are close to over. 20+ shows seems enough.

I've heard (probably from somewhere on this very forum) that they might be playing the Pinkpop festival in Holland, which apparently falls on the weekend between Oakland and Anaheim. So, if true, they'll go:

6/7- Oakland
6/11-13- Pinkpop, Holland
6/17-18- Anaheim
6/22- Baltimore
6/24- Glastonbury, England
6/26- East Lansing (I'll be there!!)

Other then a 2nd show in Oakland on the 8th, I'm not sure where else they could play in the US to fill the gap. It seems like they intentionally left this gap for a reason. And really, if they are doing the Pinkpop festival, all they need to do is take their instruments and basic sound gear, the stage will already be set up for them. Probably more doable than we all think.

The downside is that U2 probably won't do anymore 360 shows in Holland if they play the Pinkpop festival. We'll see, I guess.

I've heard (probably from somewhere on this very forum) that they might be playing the Pinkpop festival in Holland, which apparently falls on the weekend between Oakland and Anaheim. So, if true, they'll go:

6/7- Oakland
6/11-13- Pinkpop, Holland
6/17-18- Anaheim
6/22- Baltimore
6/24- Glastonbury, England
6/26- East Lansing (I'll be there!!)

Other then a 2nd show in Oakland on the 8th, I'm not sure where else they could play in the US to fill the gap. It seems like they intentionally left this gap for a reason. And really, if they are doing the Pinkpop festival, all they need to do is take their instruments and basic sound gear, the stage will already be set up for them. Probably more doable than we all think.

The downside is that U2 probably won't do anymore 360 shows in Holland if they play the Pinkpop festival. We'll see, I guess.

wow.... if that's true.....

I'm not holding my breath for that Pinkpop rumour...

(I'd prefer it if they would play the Lowlands festival! :hyper: )

haha lowlands could be cool!!!

Although I also don't believe Pinkpop is happening, it's not completely impossible/unlikely. There is a gap of 10 days in their NA-leg. It could be a nice try-out for Glastonbury ;-)
In 2009 Glastonbury and Pinkpop had an exclusive performance from The Boss... The Netherlands is a big U2-market.

But Pink[pops budget could be a problem. They never paid more than ~1 million to a band.

I renewed my subscription this morning because it was set to expire on December 1st but I still haven't received my third code. Does it take a while for new code to appear in your account info or I'm not getting a new one because I'm in the Magnificent group? I read the Q&A and if I understood correctly, if you are in that group you can only get up to two codes. Is that correct? I'm a bit confused to be honest.

Hm, then I'm not sure. I'm Boots, so perhaps only the members who were a member during the 2009 presales can have three?

If U2 comes to Holland they better be damn sure to do at least one show in the Arena. Fine if they want to do a festival i have no problem with that but at least do one stadium show as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom