2010-2011 NBA Thread Episode III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Nash does the most with the least because he's a 37 year old undersized Jew-Canadian born in South Africa out of Santa Clara University.

Good article. "Athleticism" is almost impossible to define anyways. If we're looking for a reason that African-Americans are more prevalent than "whites" in the NBA, I would say that the greater cultural interest in the game from the former leads to earlier and more intensive play from those communities.

a quote from the lover of cheese doodles...

"As I told you a little bit earlier in the hour, I have some news to report about your New York Knicks. The Orlando Magic, I will preface my statement by telling you that they have categorically denied this, but my sources tell me that they have inquired about Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire going to Orlando for Dwight Howard. Let me confess to you that I'm torn. From a basketball standpoint, it would seem you do that trade in a heartbeat. You don't teach seven-feet and you don't teach the dominate and the skills that Dwight Howard has. But I like Tyson Chandler. I like the fact that he rebounds and defends."

they're so sunk it's not even funny. well, i guess it's kinda funny for non knick fans. but yea.

d'antoni, for better or worse, is an excellent offensive coach... but he needs time to develop his system, get people used to it, etc. etc. that trade took away half of their starters last year, and then he had no pre-season to get guys together on the same page this year. unless b-diddy can turn back the clock, d'antoni is as good as done as knicks coach... and phil jackson will be here next season.

i like d'antoni, but that's not a bad thing.

The Knicks are so bad right now that I don't even miss the MSG network. Way too much pressure on Baron Davis' shoulders. His herniated back may not withstand it.

I have Around The Horn on in the background, and they're talking about Lebron opting out of his contract in 2014 and returning to play for Cleveland.

That would be a god damned riot. Let's make it happen.

Good stuff at the end of the Lakers/Clippers game, with CP3 getting all bitchy about Gasol touching him. Fuck Chris Paul. And I love Kobe and Gasol talking shit to him. You're the fucking Clippers. You've never done anything, ever. And until you do, shut the fuck up. Clippers are quickly becoming one of my least favorite teams.

I'm no expert on the cap, or the room the Knicks have, but I'm sure they could try to work something out.

No one in their right mind thought it would be possible for Miami to fit the contracts of Wade, Lebron, and Bosh all on the same team. Think back to that summer. That news was a total surprise. At first the word was that it would be just Wade and Lebron teaming up. Then the rumors started about Bosh joining them as well, and everyone was like "No way!"

I remember just days before it all went down, many NBA analysts were saying it wouldn't be financially feasible for Miami to have all three under contract. But they worked it out.

I also don't know how the new CBA changed things money wise, so, yeah, I shouldn't get into it.

And I want Deron to go to the Lakers anyway, so if it doesn't work out with New York it's all good.

Basically, Deron and Dwight are the two big names that seem to be out there, available.

I would guess (I could be wrong, of course) that Dwight ain't staying in Orlando, and Deron ain't staying in New Jersey. Wherever they land (not necessarily together, of course) will signal another little power shift in the league. These are two super elite players.

I'm just trying to get ahead of the game, and think of possible scenarios for these two in the future. The world only spins forward.

And Deron is one of my favorite athletes ever, so I'm concerned for his health and well-being.

See, while I find this is compelling for the Knicks - who wouldn't want to get Howard? - at what point do they stop thinking dreaming of the next guy and try to work with what they have? It's really not a problem of talent at this point (if they ever get a healthy PG), but making the guys they have play well together.

i actually want no part of deron williams... i think he's over-rated, and was a product of a great coach with a great system. not that he's bad... but he's not worth the price he's going to demand.

a great point guard should make teams better... the nets are awful.

i'm fine with keeping amar'e and chandler... but if i could do the rumored swap for howard, i would right away.

not having a pre-season to work with this team will ultimately cost d'antoni his job. maybe sooner than later.

i do believe, barring a quick turn around, that phil jackson will be coaching this team next year.

per CBS...

Whether Dolan makes an in-season coaching change — something he historically has opposed — or waits until after the shortened season, it is clear who the logical candidate would be to take over at MSG. Some telling comments from former Lakers coach Phil Jackson to the New York Times recently caught the eyes of several rival executives and coaching industry sources who are convinced of two things: Jackson, 66, has the itch to return, and the Knicks might be the only job that would lure him back.

Jackson is said to be semi-enjoying a fitful retirement. With few if any hobbies, Jackson has been described as restless by those who have spoken with him. Just as important, the Zen Master feels healthy and rejuvenated after shaking off the effects of back and hip ailments that made road trips a nightmare for him over his past few seasons with the Lakers.

Returning this season, with this maniacal travel schedule, would’ve been senseless for Jackson. But with a year off, Jackson could settle right back into his routine next season with a normal schedule. And what better way to come back than to chase a 12th championship with the team he first became a champion with as a player?

“The feeling is, all Dolan would have to do is ask, and Phil would say yes,” a person connected to the former Lakers coach told me this week.

tumblr_l8ju599i3d1qcdnc7o1_500.jpg

Amar'e and Tyson sounds like a steep price for Howard. Maybe I should preface this by saying that I have never been terribly high on Dwight. He is obviously a tremendous defender and rebounder, but he is also immature, underdeveloped offensively, and constantly in foul trouble. It also seems that he is developing a LeBron-esque god complex. For all of his physical gifts, he should be the league's MVP every year, but for whatever reason he is not capitalizing on his natural talents. When the game is on the line, I would much rather have the ball in Amar'e's hands than those of Dwight.

I don't really understand how one could be "not very high" on Dwight Howard, but that's just me. We'll have to disagree on that. Dude is a god damned monster. I see your explanations for not being high on him, but I don't buy it. Not capitalizing on his natural talents? He's averaging 20 pts and 16 boards a game and wins Defensive Player of the Year every year. What else do you want him to do? Solve the unemployment crisis? Erase our national debt?

And he's 26.

Getting Dwight for Amare and Tyson would be phenomenal for New York. And you guys know how much I like Tyson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom