Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where are you staying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't hibernate. I have to go to some shows first. I just wish this month would end already

I tried learning Craps, but I was too drunk.

LOVE CRAPS!!
Here is all you need to know about craps (at least for starters):
When you get to the table, look for the little disc on one of the numbers - it will say "ON" and be white. If you wish to jump in the game here, you will place your bet on the "COME" line. Otherwise, wait until the shooter either "sevens out" or "makes his point" (explained in a minute). The dealer will turn the disc over (black, "OFF") and place it next to his side of the table. This is now a new roll. Place a bet on the pass line. On the very first roll, if a seven or eleven comes up, you win, and it's a new roll again. If a two, three, or twelve comes up, this is "craps" and you lose, then it's a new roll again. If any other number comes up (four, five, six, eight, nine, ten) this is called the "point". Your bet stays where it's at until the shooter rolls that number again, (win your bet) or a seven (lose your bet). If, at this point, he rolls crap dice, it's a "push" and your bet stays where it's at.

Back to the "COME" line. If you want to bet after the shooter has already rolled and established a point, you cannot bet on the pass line. Instead, you place your money on the "COME" line, but the bet is exactly the same as a "PASS" bet. If, on the very next roll after you place your bet, a seven or eleven is rolled, you win. Craps (two, three, twelve) loses. If any other number is rolled, the dealer will take your chips and move them to that number. At this point it's just as if you had made a pass bet - i.e. you're waiting for the shooter to roll that number before he rolls a seven.

Learn these basics and you're on your way. The next step would be to learn how to make "odds" bets, which is kind of a back up bet for your pass line or come line bet, it just pays better. But we'll leave that for another lesson. Just remember to bet the pass line and the come line, and stay away from the "FIELD" bets or the proposition bets in the middle (hard six, hard eight, any craps, etc.) - these have very bad odds and are not good bets.

The two times I've played blackjack in Vegas, I ended up winning over $100 each time ($150 the first time, closer to like $120 the second).

I have to go in with a set limit of how much I can spend, and it helps to have plans to be somewhere else at a certain time ... otherwise I would have stayed and lost everything I'd won! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom