Trump General Discussion VI - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #381
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:50 PM
KAC?

Gak!

Lying bitch!

Old 02-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #382
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
“There is nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than [JP Morgan C.E.O.] Jamie [Dimon]. So he has to tell me about it, but we expect to be cutting a lot from Dodd-Frank because, frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine, that have nice businesses, they can’t borrow money,” Trump said Friday morning, shortly before signing the executive orders. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.”

They have NICE businesses, so let's let them borrow money. We shouldn't have any rules against NICE businesses, if they can't pay them back they can just file bankruptcy like I did. I'm a nice guy.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 PM
I don't understand the willingness to twist oneself into a pretzel defending Kellyanne Conway, who has a resume of lying and "alternative facts" long enough to cover the length of the country. She long ago gave up any right to benefit of the doubt.

Why not just call a spade a spade? What's she bringing to the table that's worth embarrassing yourself over? If she were on my "team" I'd want her ass gone so fast her head would spin.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #384
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineon View Post
As bad as he is, is it entirely plausible that M. Pence is worse? Imagine for a moment if we were to get him or Ted Cruz or someone of that ilk. Yes, I'm having nightmares right now, but could it possibly be worse?

I understand this fear, and as much as I can't stand Pence I don't see him taunting Iran or creating an obvious propaganda machine.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #385
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Yes I am sure he did like he called France too but why put the attack of France on Twitter but not the attack of Canada? If he was so upset by the attack on France t put it on Twitter surely he should be more upset about the Canadian attack where you know people actually died?
You might think so, huh?
_--------------------:

Pence could be scarier in to sense that he is a Right-wing Christian and probably wants a USA Theocracy (shudders) which if it's the most extreme form wants the Old Testament type of Laws not Jesus's more inclusive way.
And maybe he'd want to start a Middle East war to bring on The Rapture but there seem to be 2 schools of thought in that arena. One groups figures the Rapture will happen when it happens, the other group wants to hasten it!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #386
War Child

Local Time: 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I understand this fear, and as much as I can't stand Pence I don't see him taunting Iran or creating an obvious propaganda machine.
The fear of Pence is his views on social issues like Gay rights etc.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #387
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump General Discussion VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Yes its incredibly disgusting politicians would use dead children to push an agenda. Its incredibly disgusting.

You know how many times leading up to the senate vote in 2013 I heard that out of people like Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Mark Kelly, Biden, Obama etc etc

Remember this little gem? Yeah what he's advocating is illegal and will end you up in jail.
https://youtu.be/wIuk3G9Xixc

They say they represent the memory of the children....They couldn't give a damn about them. This is the liberal mind set you just don't want to see it......Obama has said time and time again not passing gun control was his biggest regret as president......That says a lot.

Yes my statement was blunt and a little dark but that was what was said. I'm sorry you will never convince me short of background checks any kind of gun control is reasonable.

This sums it up perfectly.

Wait?! What is illegal and put you in jail?

When did Obama say he "regretted passing gun control"?

A meme sums this issue up perfectly? Wow, just wow...
Old 02-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #388
War Child

Quote:
Wait?! What is illegal and put you in jail?

When did Obama say he "regretted passing gun control"?

A meme sums this issue up perfectly? Wow, just wow...
You can't fire a stray blast outside of your house. What Biden advised in that video is illegal.

And as for the Obama clip.
Gun control laws the biggest frustration of my presidency.
https://youtu.be/lOFOFZxfiDc
https://youtu.be/vHbLRf3C9KI
Old 02-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #389
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The fear of Pence is his views on social issues like Gay rights etc.

I understand that, but rights can be given back once a decent president has taken back the seat, a war and damages foreign relationships not so much. I'm talking about the lesser of evils.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier

As a Democrat sometimes liberal public figure - I duon't blame him carrying a gun for protection
Old 02-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #391
War Child

Quote:
I understand that, but rights can be given back once a decent president has taken back the seat, a war and damages foreign relationships not so much. I'm talking about the lesser of evils.
Wait.....The lesser of evils you say?
Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #392
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
As a Democrat sometimes liberal public figure - I duon't blame him carrying a gun for protection
So because they are a public figure its OK for them to carry a gun? But deny the rest of the population?

Some of the biggest proponents of gun control have carry permits
Schumer & Feinstein are two that come to mind.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #393
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You can't fire a stray blast outside of your house. What Biden advised in that video is illegal.

And as for the Obama clip.

Gun control laws the biggest frustration of my presidency.

https://youtu.be/lOFOFZxfiDc

https://youtu.be/vHbLRf3C9KI

In Texas, and in many states I can shoot someone who enters my property. In stand your ground states I can shoot someone and claim self defense. You're saying if I shoot and actually don't hit them, I get arrested?

So "common sense fun safety laws" = should scare me gun control?

You have drank the Kool Aid my friend, THAT should scare you.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:45 PM   #394
War Child

Quote:
In Texas, and in many states I can shoot someone who enters my property. In stand your ground states I can shoot someone and claim self defense. You're saying if I shoot and actually don't hit them, I get arrested?

So "common sense fun safety laws" = should scare me gun control?

You have drank the Kool Aid my friend, THAT should scare you.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-biden-in-jail
Old 02-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So because they are a public figure its OK for them to carry a gun? But deny the rest of the population?

Some of the biggest proponents of gun control have carry permits
Schumer & Feinstein are two that come to mind.
i have a hard time believing that man carries a gun around on a daily basis. in the meme you posted he clearly has no idea how to hold it or how to stand to fire that thing. that looks like a photo op at a gun range. you're barking up the wrong tree here i think.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #396
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What an idiotic piece. The clip never states "shoot in the air", plus he does talk about if she felt her life was in danger. Seriously, what is your point?

Why are you opposed to common sense laws regarding guns?

Every other aspect of our lives be it driving, building, etc requires training, regulation, and common sense laws why is this one untouchable?

Put down the Kool Aid and answer thoughtfully, please.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:57 PM   #397
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i have a hard time believing that man carries a gun around on a daily basis. in the meme you posted he clearly has no idea how to hold it or how to stand to fire that thing. that looks like a photo op at a gun range. you're barking up the wrong tree here i think.
That may be true. Then there is this.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #398
War Child

Quote:
What an idiotic piece. The clip never states "shoot in the air", plus he does talk about if she felt her life was in danger. Seriously, what is your point?

Why are you opposed to common sense laws regarding guns?

Every other aspect of our lives be it driving, building, etc requires training, regulation, and common sense laws why is this one untouchable?

Put down the Kool Aid and answer thoughtfully, please.
*Grabs megaphone* I SUPPORT BACKGROUND CHECKS
Old 02-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #399
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Gareth you don't get it and you will never get it.

Mostly because you have already formed a stance and no matter what I say or how much evidence I provide in your mind you've already decided giving up rights in the name of protection is the right way to go.....That is why most Europeans just don't get it.

Is it worth the price? NO! Because how can you guarantee it won't happen again? YOU CANT.

Guns are banned in China and you have mass stabbing attacks instead.
What Europeans don't get is how one of the largest, most powerful nations on earth experiences frequent random mass shootings, targeting just about anyone including children of 6-7 and thinks that rights to have guns trumps doing ANYTHING to stop it happening as regularly??

You can bang on about your rights but what about responsibilities? The responsibilities of everyone to try and make a safer country to live in. How can it be as cut and dry as "We can't stop 100% of all mass shootings, so let's not even bother trying to cut that figure down AT ALL."

and that china comment is ridiculous. Is America totally stab-free right now because guns are readily available?

This isn't the big evil government taking away your rights out of sheer malice. This is people in office trying to protect more people from senseless, selfish and cowardly killings, knowing they have a duty to act in everybody's interests, not just gun owners.

If the number of shootings was only 0.5-1% of what it is now and people started trying to impose stricter controls out of the blue, then you'd have a point.
But talking like it's a completely unjustified attack on your freedoms is absurd.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #400
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth brown View Post
What Europeans don't get is how one of the largest, most powerful nations on earth experiences frequent random mass shootings, targeting just about anyone including children of 6-7 and thinks that rights to have guns trumps doing ANYTHING to stop it happening as regularly??

You can bang on about your rights but what about responsibilities? The responsibilities of everyone to try and make a safer country to live in. How can it be as cut and dry as "We can't stop 100% of all mass shootings, so let's not even bother trying to cut that figure down AT ALL."

This isn't the big evil government taking away your rights out of sheer malice. This is people in office trying to protect more people from senseless, selfish and cowardly killings, knowing they have a duty to act in everybody's interests, not just gun owners.

If the number of shootings was only 0.5-1% of what it is now and people started trying to impose stricter controls out of the blue, then you'd have a point.
But talking like it's a completely unjustified attack on your freedoms is absurd.
Wrong. The Clinton ban which was part of the Crime bill statistics have shown it did nothing to curt tail crime.

Yes in a perfect world we wouldn't have violence but it isn't a perfect world. Yes there needs to be responsibility but again the problem is when the conversation about gun control comes up neither side wants to discuss some kind of reform.

I am a second amendment advocate but I support background checks and more focus on training and safety.

Why is magazine capacity a focus? Why is it certain kinds of weapons a focus? When you talk to a lot of liberals....Not all but quite a few that is where they immediately go to. Not safety, not education, the scary AR15.