Trump General Discussion VI - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #321
War Child

Local Time: 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
We are rabid because we'd rather restrict gun ownership than have 6-year-olds slaughtered?

You should read up on Kuwait. They have their own geopolitical agenda for their immigration policy.
Oh for ****'s sake not the for the children argument again. Politicians don't give a toss about people who die from gun violence unless its to push an agenda. You want to know why I believe this? I came home and turned on the news and Sandy Hook was still fresh on the news and already the political left were calling for bans and restrictions.....The blood wasn't even cold yet!

That proved to me they didn't care at all about those kids. For people like Dianne Fienstein they were a means to an end.....And its horrible that dead children could be used as props to push an agenda.

Remember when Columbine happened? There were bans in place then and what did the establishment do? Look for another scape goat.....Heavy Metal music, Violent video games, Movies etc etc. If its not guns its media if its not media its something else.

As far as Kuwait goes Ill look more deeply into that.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Jesus.....It doesn't matter if the guy found the cure for cancer and the end of world debt you would still find something wrong with how he did it.
when donald trump cures cancer and turns the world into a communist utopia, then i promise i'll reconsider my feelings on him. until then this is just meaningless whining.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #323
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Hahaha, Trump trying to claim the jobs report today. Because OF COURSE he is.
Donald Trump is 'very happy' with employment rate he once denounced as 'biggest hoax' in politics | The Independent
Old 02-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #324
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh for ****'s sake not the for the children argument again. Politicians don't give a toss about people who die from gun violence unless its to push an agenda. You want to know why I believe this? I came home and turned on the news and Sandy Hook was still fresh on the news and already the political left were calling for bans and restrictions.....The blood wasn't even cold yet!

That proved to me they didn't care at all about those kids. For people like Dianne Fienstein they were a means to an end.....And its horrible that dead children could be used as props to push an agenda.
yes, the time to talk about how we can stop children being murdered is definitely not when it is happening. let's wait until after the all killing and violence just stops for no reason for a while before we concern ourselves with them. that is definitely how things work. we all know the logically appropriate time to talk about fixing dire problems is when they are not happening at all. you're making such good sense here
Old 02-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:19 PM
Quote:
The simple fact is he wasn't your pick so he can never do anything right in the eyes of the left..
Not even remotely true. If Trump had come in and tried to act even remotely presidential, if he'd done a few decent things his first few days in office, if he'd picked some decent people to add to his cabinet, I would definitely acknowledge and praise those choices. As would every other non-Trump supporter here.

But Trump has done absolutely none of that thus far. He's acted like an ass in public, he's made blunder after blunder, he's fanning the flames of xenophobia, he's letting truly scary and/or inexperienced people be part of his cabinet, he's firing anyone who dares to speak out against anything he's doing (apparently he forgets this job isn't like his time on "The Apprentice"?), he and his people are blatantly lying to the public and pushing false narratives.

Why in the hell should we respect or support any of that?

Quote:
That is what it comes down to. Every president can make mistakes but you guys are gathered like a pack of ravenous Hyena's waiting for him to **** up.
Maybe because he IS messing things up? I feel like you're completely missing the point of why we're "jumping" on him. There's mistakes, and then there's just having absolutely zero clue of what the hell you're doing. Trump is in the latter boat, and he deserves to be called out for all the crap he's pulling.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #326
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
You realize, HE WASN'T PRESIDENT during the time the jobs report covered. He doesn't get to take credit for it.

All I'm doing is holding him to the same standard as our previous president. Thus far he hasn't even hit the standard of W, which is a very low bar.
That we can agree on.

But Trump has been in less than a month.

You guys asked me what I think of Trump.....Well I can tell you what I think he needs to do.
1.Stop going off half cocked (You can make policy but listen to those in the various agencies. They are tools to help the president and he needs to utilize them.
2.While some of his picks have been good a lot of them come across as paying back political favors......That needs to stop. He campaigned on draining the swamp......Well he needs to fulfill that promise.
3.Stop being so thin skinned. Bush was made fun of his whole time in office and he just let it roll of his back. Hell his father U2 called almost every night during the ZOO TV tour and while SR had his moments of irritation he also pretty much let it roll off his back. Trump needs to grow up. You can be tough but you can't act like a kid!
Old 02-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #327
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
Oh for ****'s sake not the for the children argument again.
Annnnnnnd bye.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #328
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Jesus.....It doesn't matter if the guy found the cure for cancer and the end of world debt you would still find something wrong with how he did it.

The simple fact is he wasn't your pick so he can never do anything right in the eyes of the left..

That is what it comes down to. Every president can make mistakes but you guys are gathered like a pack of ravenous Hyena's waiting for him to **** up.

The Hypocrisy of the left is astounding sometimes.

Will you stop with this?!!! We've seen you copy/paste this post a dozen times. It's not about perfection. Did you even read her post? She's laughing at this narcissist claiming numbers that can't reflect any of his economic policies.

And there is no way in hell any Trump voter can accuse anyone of hypocrisy.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Quote:
Who is talking about politicians?

I'm talking about the many of us sane individuals, who value children's lives more than your right to own a gun. If looking at my 15-month-old son and thinking that he's more valuable than your weapon makes me rabid, sure, I'm rabid.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #330
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Not even remotely true. If Trump had come in and tried to act even remotely presidential, if he'd done a few decent things his first few days in office, if he'd picked some decent people to add to his cabinet, I would definitely acknowledge and praise those choices. As would every other non-Trump supporter here.

But Trump has done absolutely none of that thus far. He's acted like an ass in public, he's made blunder after blunder, he's fanning the flames of xenophobia, he's letting truly scary and/or inexperienced people be part of his cabinet, he's firing anyone who dares to speak out against anything he's doing (apparently he forgets this job isn't like his time on "The Apprentice"?), he and his people are blatantly lying to the public and pushing false narratives.

Why in the hell should we respect or support any of that?

Maybe because he IS messing things up? I feel like you're completely missing the point of why we're "jumping" on him. There's mistakes, and then there's just having absolutely zero clue of what the hell you're doing. Trump is in the latter boat, and he deserves to be called out for all the crap he's pulling.
Maybe I am not seeing the bigger picture. The truth is Moonlit on election night seeing the rioting & protesting. People getting hurt & destruction of property because certain elements of the left their choice didn't win may have painted a unfair picture of how the left feels right now.

There are a lot of elements of the left that just want to express how they are feeling in a peaceful way. And then you have elements of the left who just want to watch it burn. I think the media focuses more on those elements because it brings in viewers.

So maybe I do have a one dimensional view of the left right now but certain aspects are not helping the view. Much like certain aspects of the right make the conservatives look disgusting.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #331
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Will you stop with this?!!! We've seen you copy/paste this post a dozen times. It's not about perfection. Did you even read her post? She's laughing at this narcissist claiming numbers that can't reflect any of his economic policies.

And there is no way in hell any Trump voter can accuse anyone of hypocrisy.
BVS remember when Obama got elected and the tone was lets come together?
Trump won and the attitude was not my president.

Trump claiming the latest Jobs report is ridiculous Ill freely admit that. What I was getting at was so far everything he's doing has come under scrutiny. Some of it is justified but not all of it.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

what are your thoughts on the right-wing groups that threatened to march *armed* on washington if clinton had won?

as far as i've seen none of these "violent leftists" you seem so concerned with have been threateningly carrying AR-15s in any of these protests or marches.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #333
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Who is talking about politicians?

I'm talking about the many of us sane individuals, who value children's lives more than your right to own a gun. If looking at my 15-month-old son and thinking that he's more valuable than your weapon makes me rabid, sure, I'm rabid.
That is fine and I respect that. I feel that the right to protect my family is equally just as important. We had a family friend who lived out in the farm lands on a animal preserve in South Africa. They were the victims of a home invasion. 5 men came in beat both her and her husband up and tied them up. 1 of the men lead her up stairs and raped her. He was looking for valuables and opened up a box with her dogs ashes in it. She went after him and the man beat her to the point her brain swelled and she was bleeding internally. They brought the husband up there and left them. He watched his wife die in front of his eyes. The wife was a close friend of our family.

Now that being said that was South Africa not the US but I would never ever want to have something like that happen to my family so yes I do value protecting my family from harm. Do I believe in things like guns everywhere is acceptable? No but you can't take away a persons right to protect themselves and their loved ones in the name of saving others. Its trading one life possibly for another.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

sure thing, rambo. you're gonna shoot 5 people invading your home in the middle of the night. we got jack fucking bauer over here.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #335
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
what are your thoughts on the right-wing groups that threatened to march *armed* on washington if clinton had won?

as far as i've seen none of these "violent leftists" you seem so concerned with have been threateningly carrying AR-15s in any of these protests or marches.

If Clinton overstepped her power yes. If she just did things to piss of the right no.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #336
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
sure thing, rambo. you're gonna shoot 5 people invading your home in the middle of the night. we got jack fucking bauer over here.
Thanks for making a joke out of losing a family friend to an extremely violent death....I hope you got your jollies out of that.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #337
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Quote:

Now that being said that was South Africa not the US but I would never ever want to have something like that happen to my family
But this is just such a ridiculous statement.

Why not pull up some even more violent story, say from Zimbabwe or maybe the Congo and we can then live in paranoid fear that it can happen at any moment here.

Is this how bad things are in the US that you have roving raping gangs breaking into homes?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #338
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
BVS remember when Obama got elected and the tone was lets come together?

Trump won and the attitude was not my president.

Trump claiming the latest Jobs report is ridiculous Ill freely admit that. What I was getting at was so far everything he's doing has come under scrutiny. Some of it is justified but not all of it.

See? This is hypocrisy. The right for eight years said not my president, he's a Muslim, he'll the motherf**ker you just put in the office spent most of that time calling him illegitimate and demanded a birth certificate.

So don't you dare lecture anyone on hypocrisy.

Then if you freely admit that then your whole post was just because, and personal. Talk about hypocrisy.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:02 PM   #339
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Annnnnnnd bye.
If you read the whole post you would understand the context of that statement.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Thanks for making a joke out of losing a family friend to an extremely violent death....I hope you got your jollies out of that.
i'm making a joke out of your idea that you think you'd be able to prevent that happening to you. that's fucking absurd. just a macho rambo-wannabe fantasy. i'm sorry about your loss but even if your friends were armed to the teeth it clearly would have made zero difference, except for now the criminals also got their hands on an arsenal too. how the fuck do you expect to shoot back if you get woken up in the middle of the night by getting beaten and tied up? come on. you're living in fantasyland.