Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Con didn't learn from his Mexican tariff fiasco, now he wants to apply it to everyone. This is the brilliant business man you voted for Trumpets. Thanks.

[TWEET]827715246135574530[/TWEET]

all countries have the same resources same trade relationships same leverage same debts to the same holders everyone should have the same taxes in place on everything because that's fair what happened in 1930 I can't read good

Fuck off, Trump. You stupid prick. I'm glad your asinine ban on Muslim nations without Trump hotels and resorts got blocked again. Nice attempt to deflect attention from it, by the way. It wasn't unnoticed.

Last edited:
I'm asking you what about Obama's statement "says it all" to you?

You've repeated over and over and posted video, so I'm sure you've thought about this.

So what about his statements concern you?

The fact that he puts that above everything else. Politicians have a history of using sympathy to get what they want. The sunset of the AWB has been a major point of contention for the left for years. The crazy thing is Obama sold more guns and ammo through even the talk of banning then most dealers.

Yes it's bad there couldn't even be talk about a background check bill without major outrage but when you spend all this time alienating the one side and then saying "We need to come together to find a solution." It felt so cheap.

He just comes across as insincere. If he wanted a common sense solution he would have reached out to the pro gun community not lectured us.

You read my response on the previous page right?

I was leading you with the first line basically assuming you knew what my line of thinking was.

He is going to highlight the radical Islamic ideology at every turn. That's where he views the struggle of our time. Not just him, but Western Intel, Governments, other Muslim countries.

He called Trudeau several hours after the attack. The lone shooter wasn't fully identified until 10 hours later. You seem to be asking for an equivalent tweet condemning White Quebecois terrorism against Canadian Muslims.

The reason you are not getting the response is because Quebecois terrorism is not a clear and present danger to the United States.

If a similar attack had occurred stateside I would expect him to condemn violence against Americans who practice the Muslim faith and would promise swift justice to the assailant.

Would you really, now?

You read my response on the previous page right?

I was leading you with the first line basically assuming you knew what my line of thinking was.

He is going to highlight the radical Islamic ideology at every turn. That's where he views the struggle of our time. Not just him, but Western Intel, Governments, other Muslim countries.

He called Trudeau several hours after the attack. The lone shooter wasn't fully identified until 10 hours later. You seem to be asking for an equivalent tweet condemning White Quebecois terrorism against Canadian Muslims.

The reason you are not getting the response is because Quebecois terrorism is not a clear and present danger to the United States.

If a similar attack had occurred stateside I would expect him to condemn violence against Americans who practice the Muslim faith and would promise swift justice to the assailant.
Similar attacks have happened in the states many times, ie the school shootings, the burning of mosques, etc etc so they clearly are threats.

Last edited:
I cannot believe Trumpers are excusing this Bowling Green BS... here and on other places too. Just because it does not affect you does not mean it does not have devastating consequences for others.

Well for one we have a friend who lives in Dubai who is under Sharia. She is under the boot of her husband. She has to watch what she says on FB. She absolutely hates it and is in fear of what could happen to her if she speaks up.

Things like throwing acid in the face of a woman who is wronged under Sharia. That isn't wrong?

Its not just against women the LGBT community is in direct danger under Sharia.

I want you to look up a name. Her name is Anni Cyrus
https://youtu.be/Xr0i8h3Pt2c

https://www.facebook.com/WOMEN-OF-THE-WORLD-UNITED-AGAINST-ISLAMICMUSLIM-SHARIA-LAW-276988682771/

I am not saying the refugee situation would directly result in Sharia but if you want a good example of the dangers of Sharia I want you to also look up the Taliban's version of Islamic law that was enforced during their time ruling Afghanistan.

I think through two things - ignorance of the reality of Sharia, and much publicised cases where Muslims in positions of authority have been very poor Muslims, if not non-Muslims in Muslim disguise. For example, 100 years ago we had stories of awful Turkish sultans, and people being rushed to blocks to have their hands cut off etc. The media picks out certain cases and blows them up. This current (mis)interpretation of Sharia derives from the media, imams who misinterpret it for their own control and power, etc. Christianity has cases of people being awful, too. Westbro, for example?

What you see and call Sharia law today, evidenced only by the gross actions of people in power, is not what the Quran or Hadiths claim. You have extremists in all religions, no?

On the evening of Saturday, Jan. 28, as airport protests raged over President Trump’s executive order on immigration, the man charged with implementing the order, Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly, had a plan. He would issue a waiver for lawful permanent residents, a.k.a. green-card holders, from the seven majority-Muslim countries whose citizens had been banned from entering the United States.

White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon wanted to stop Kelly in his tracks. Bannon paid a personal and unscheduled visit to Kelly’s Department of Homeland Security office to deliver an order: Don’t issue the waiver. Kelly, according to two administration officials familiar with the confrontation, refused to comply with Bannon’s instruction. That was the beginning of a weekend of negotiations among senior Trump administration staffers that led, on Sunday, to a decision by Trump to temporarily freeze the issuance of executive orders.

The confrontation between Bannon and Kelly pitted a political operator against a military disciplinarian. Respectfully but firmly, the retired general and longtime Marine told Bannon that despite his high position in the White House and close relationship with Trump, the former Breitbart chief was not in Kelly’s chain of command, two administration officials said. If the president wanted Kelly to back off from issuing the waiver, Kelly would have to hear it from the president directly, he told Bannon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...486213057776&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.c7c97bbf198c

Last edited:
Trump tweet.... "so called judge". Insane and an attack on the rule of law.

I think through two things - ignorance of the reality of Sharia, and much publicised cases where Muslims in positions of authority have been very poor Muslims, if not non-Muslims in Muslim disguise. For example, 100 years ago we had stories of awful Turkish sultans, and people being rushed to blocks to have their hands cut off etc. The media picks out certain cases and blows them up. This current (mis)interpretation of Sharia derives from the media, imams who misinterpret it for their own control and power, etc. Christianity has cases of people being awful, too. Westbro, for example?

What you see and call Sharia law today, evidenced only by the gross actions of people in power, is not what the Quran or Hadiths claim. You have extremists in all religions, no?

The fear of Sharia law coming to the US is so unbelievably absurd. What, some refugees are gonna come and all of a sudden we're going to abandon the Constitution? We're talking a couple thousand people in a nation of 250 million, yet somehow they're going to change the way we govern?

We've got a few thousand Hasidim in New York - amazingly enough all of our women aren't required to cover up all year long.

The fear of Sharia law coming to the US is so unbelievably absurd. What, some refugees are gonna come and all of a sudden we're going to abandon the Constitution? We're talking a couple thousand people in a nation of 250 million, yet somehow they're going to change the way we govern?

We've got a few thousand Hasidim in New York - amazingly enough all of our women aren't required to cover up all year long.

I asked that question a dozen pages ago, that the fear of refugees really based on them suddenly coming and changing everything to Sharia? :lol:

The response was along the lines of 'so you're ok with acid being thrown on faces?'

Hence I tried to explain it in my post above, and am waiting with bated breath for a response. I expect deflection, or pulling up a case of gross misuse of Sharia, or allegations. Or, all 3 :D

What scares me about Cruz, Pence, et. al. is that they are true believers in an extreme right wing ideology that would probably make R. Reagan shudder. Nice and respectful, sure, but ever so willing to stick it to women, minorities, and anyone with a dissenting point of view. At least Trump has Ivanka and Jared, who will perhaps try to keep him in the 21st century.

I cannot believe Trumpers are excusing this Bowling Green BS... here and on other places too. Just because it does not affect you does not mean it does not have devastating consequences for others.

This is not a national crisis. Blown way out of proportion (as is mostly everything in this media frenzy)
KAC said that's not what she meant to say. I actually CAN believe the hysterics surrounding it.

The left, Democrats, and media need to pick their fights more strategically. Campus riots, obstructionism, and the "outrage of the day" make Trump look like the adult in the room getting shit done for the people. He's been picking up support and approval.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The fact that he puts that above everything else. Politicians have a history of using sympathy to get what they want. The sunset of the AWB has been a major point of contention for the left for years. The crazy thing is Obama sold more guns and ammo through even the talk of banning then most dealers.

Yes it's bad there couldn't even be talk about a background check bill without major outrage but when you spend all this time alienating the one side and then saying "We need to come together to find a solution." It felt so cheap.

He just comes across as insincere. If he wanted a common sense solution he would have reached out to the pro gun community not lectured us.

This is the biggest pile of garbage, and you've laid out some doozies before. Once again just dripping with hypocrisy.

You fall for the click bait and the rhetoric, you still haven't told me after half a dozen times how Obama's comments = gun control. The right/ NRA have been pounding in you 'the left want to take your guns", they've been telling you Obama is smug and insincere and he lectures you, and that's all I hear come out of your mouth. I googled 'Obama's biggest regret was gun control' because that's what you said and the first entry was a Breitbart article with that as the headline, the only problem was when you read it there was not one thing about gun control. But it doesn't matter, he knows his audience won't get past the headline.

8 years and not one gun was taken, no sharia or martial law enacted. You got played, you got conned, and now you'll never get common sense gun safety laws from the clowns you voted in.

This is not a national crisis. Blown way out of proportion (as is mostly everything in this media frenzy)
KAC said that's not what she meant to say. I actually CAN believe the hysterics surrounding it.

The left, Democrats, and media need to pick their fights more strategically. Campus riots, obstructionism, and the "outrage of the day" make Trump look like the adult in the room getting shit done for the people. He's been picking up support and approval.

You're right, the fact that we know they're using propaganda techniques shouldn't bother anyone.

See? Already working on you.

On what planet can anyone support the leader of the free worlds latest tweets? It's Insanity, ok get a Republican as President but Trump is just mentally unfit.

So-called President pouts about a so-called judge. We should organize a mass shipment of Schoolhouse Rock DVDs to the White House so he can learn how government works.

Ummmm... No. No he hasn't, and no he doesnt.

...uhhhhh, claiming a massacre happened when it didn't is kind of a massively big deal, yeah. People should be very bothered by that. Especially if it's people in or affiliated with our federal government lying about such things. That's a very dangerous, irresponsible thing to do.

Seriously. You don't have to keep defending and excusing every single thing these people do.

. He's been picking up support and approval.

President Trump has the highest disapproval rating of any new president ever polled, according to a new survey.

A majority of respondents, 53 percent, disapprove of how Trump is handling his job in the CNN/ORC International poll released Friday, while 44 percent approve.

CNN reported that Trump is the only president to hold a net negative rating this early in a presidency. However, the vast majority of respondents, 78 percent, say Trump is handling the presidency as they would have expected.

The network compared Trump's ratings to past presidents, noting that Ronald Reagan's first approval rating measured at 51 percent from Gallup in 1981 - 7 points above Trump's rating in the CNN poll - but Reagan's disapproval number was far lower than Trump's at just 13 percent, compared to Trump's 53 percent.

Look at all that sweet sweet approval.

He's been picking up support and approval.

I think he just forgot a word:

"He's been attempting to pick up support and approval."

I'm sure it was an innocent mistake that he'll apologize for on his twitter.

Look at all that sweet sweet approval.

When you take away the human interaction in automated phone polling. The trend is noticeable that people are more supportive. That was the pre-election trend as well. Rasmussen poll (leans a point or 2 right)

Has Trump plus 8 now.

Travel Restrictions
57% support
33% oppose
10% not sure

Other polling 49-41 in favor. I haven't seen a national poll that is overwhelmingly against the restrictions.

Despite throwing out some numbers I'll cede the point to you. I went off half-cocked on other polls and my statement in general. In my walk of life I have yet to meet a "former Trump supporter". Never Trumper friends are now more in the tank than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom