Trump General Discussion V - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #741
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:40 PM
Yes, outside the bubble of comfort. Not outside the bubble of logic, reason, and compassion.

I don't side with most liberals when it comes to the Drone Program, or how to deal with ISIS. I'm a little more hawkish, and approve of most of what Obama has done to dismantle these terrorists groups.

Let's take healthcare. For seven years the GOP have screamed about it. Have talked about crossing state lines, vouchers programs, etc which I feel those ideas were discussed in here and the glaring warts were shot down.

But here we are and they have no plan. Nothing. It's just smoke and mirrors and yelling. The ACA was derived from conservative ideas.

If you're going to want a debate, then bring logical arguments and not conspiracy theories.

Factory jobs are going away. Trump will not bring them back, or at least a majority of them back. Automation, A/I are all things we should be discussing. Do we give rural areas more education on how to maintain robots, or to learn new traits?

Offer up solutions in reality, and not strawmen or illogical arguments

Old 01-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #742
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:40 PM
don't know if any of you have seen the news in the UK - there are masses of protests going on all over the country right now, against Trump's State visit to the UK in the summer and Muslim ban - incredible turnout

Old 01-30-2017, 04:28 PM   #743
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Yes, outside the bubble of comfort. Not outside the bubble of logic, reason, and compassion.

I don't side with most liberals when it comes to the Drone Program, or how to deal with ISIS. I'm a little more hawkish, and approve of most of what Obama has done to dismantle these terrorists groups.

Let's take healthcare. For seven years the GOP have screamed about it. Have talked about crossing state lines, vouchers programs, etc which I feel those ideas were discussed in here and the glaring warts were shot down.

But here we are and they have no plan. Nothing. It's just smoke and mirrors and yelling. The ACA was derived from conservative ideas.

If you're going to want a debate, then bring logical arguments and not conspiracy theories.

Factory jobs are going away. Trump will not bring them back, or at least a majority of them back. Automation, A/I are all things we should be discussing. Do we give rural areas more education on how to maintain robots, or to learn new traits?

Offer up solutions in reality, and not strawmen or illogical arguments
I recall asking you to watch the raw footage of a Trump speech in August as an exercise in debate and you refused to do so. Its a 2-way street.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:38 PM   #744
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
don't know if any of you have seen the news in the UK - there are masses of protests going on all over the country right now, against Trump's State visit to the UK in the summer and Muslim ban - incredible turnout

Old 01-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #745
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I recall asking you to watch the raw footage of a Trump speech in August as an exercise in debate and you refused to do so. Its a 2-way street.
honestly, the way things are going, i can't see how people are going to be able to find common ground with Trump supporters, at this rate, i wouldn't want to - i guess that's why it's called the opposition - no way i would want to compromise my values for this shit
Old 01-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm all for having a logical debate. Point/Counter-Point. One Issue at a time. I have a history of taking an unpopular opinion (Breitbart's Confederate Flag) and offering a thought-out rebuttal.

Over the past year I have written several lengthy posts, mostly free of emotional hysterics, to get a conversation going.

I will concede losing some debates. Learning from debates. I'll drop Pizza talk/Hillary Seizures. Maybe I'll stick around. The best part of Obama's farewell speech was to engage outside your bubble.
I understand that you're trying to be polite and composed, probably because you learned politics as a place first and foremost about discourse and an exchange of ideas. But that's not reality anymore. And it comes off condescending as shit to pretend as if you're the only adult in the room because you're not freaking out over this. So engage in our questions or don't, but please cut the bullshit out with the whole "I'm thoughtful and not hysterical!" routine.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:57 PM   #747
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

And he said nothing of substance. Nothing. It was talking points. Build a wall. Extreme vetting.

And others have done a very nice job of debunking everything Trump has put out there for policy or action.

This isn't even policy debate anymore, it's right versus wrong. While we can't possibly protect or save everyone from terror, or even themselves, we should put forth our best effort to try and make society a better place.

If that's less regulations, then let's debate those merits.

If it's Islamic terrorism, lets debate how to lessen its impact.

None of this happens. It's extremism and will accomplish nothing but more anger

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 01-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #748
War Child

Could be fake but....

Follow up: Admin source says LGBT EO could affect federal employee benefits & protections & adoption agencies that receive federal funding

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/826188437397073921
Old 01-30-2017, 05:13 PM   #749
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Could be fake but....

Follow up: Admin source says LGBT EO could affect federal employee benefits & protections & adoption agencies that receive federal funding

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/826188437397073921

This is what all the early reporting is saying.

We'll see.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:16 PM   #750
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 01:40 PM
I'll frame my critique of this in a manner that Trump supporters can relate to:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/30/14...nce-susan-rice

This is so fucking lame.

Trump, the master of the deal, the Putin disciple, the king of locker room talk, has his fucking lap dog wasting our time with tweets that upset him. Imagine how much of a wuss you have to be to do something like that.

Imagine Trump saying "hey, whatsyourname, this guy is really pissing me off but my twitter fingers are sore. Go bitch about this to the press for me. Bring a hard copy so people know it's a legitimate problem. Make sure to print it in landscape so people can see it, but don't project it or anything. Things on screens are fake news."

Fuck this guy.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:27 PM   #751
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Quote:
do you think there were Hitler supporters who supported his economic policies, but just turned a blind eye to genocide? because, i'm wondering, how low can these people go?
I would imagine there would have been quite a few who wanted to get ahead with their companies, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
And then there's this. I abhor violence but yeah, seeing this guy get punched in the face was

It's a good time to side eye every liberal who thought violence against Nazis was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I don't think he has any idea and I hope others don't fall for this either.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #752
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
This is what all the early reporting is saying.

We'll see.
Could be "fake news" being leaked by Bannon.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:35 PM   #753
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I would imagine there would have been quite a few who wanted to get ahead with their companies, yes.
after the first anti-jewish laws were enacted in 1933 to remove jews and other "undesirables" from the civil service, new nazi party memberships spiked as people jumped to take all the cushy government jobs that had just been vacated.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #754
War Child

Gender change could be outlawed?!????

Lets hope this is all nonsense.

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/826197133330153472

More: EO could allow fed employees to refuse to serve LGBT based on belief marriage is b/t man & woman or gender is immutable from birth
Old 01-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #755
Blue Crack Addict

Regarding that Rogue POTUS Staff account, this thread:

Old 01-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #756
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Interesting. Part of me wants it to be real, but that's just my confirmation bias showing.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #757
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Regarding that Rogue POTUS Staff account, this thread:

whoa freaky

what i said earlier:

Quote:
i believe he is a game player, like to sow confusion and mess with people on a huge scale - Putin also uses the same tactics, i believe he has an adviser from an avant garde theatre background, can't remember his name, but uses divide and rule, one moment actually supporting protesters, to fuck with their heads - check out the BBC documentary Hypernormalization if you can... i wouldn't be surprised if some of these fake accounts were actually an elaborate game to reel people in - nearly got me going haha
Old 01-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #758
Blue Crack Addict

i read last night that it's probably actually this asshole behind the rogue POTUS staff account: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_C._Johnson. dug around in the googles a bit and it definitely makes far more sense that it's just this known shit disturber disturbing shit rather than a hyper-paranoid collective of real white house staff "resistance" behind all this suspiciously intimate information.

in any case, i think we can be pretty well agreed that it's a fake.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #759
Blue Crack Distributor

WASHINGTON — Acting Attorney General Sally Q. Yates, a holdover from the Obama administration, ordered the Justice Department not to defend President Trump’s executive order on immigration in court.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #760
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Read the thread that starts with this tweet. Jamelle Bouie is spot on.