The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2016, 01:03 AM   #461
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 AM
i would happily vote for the by far most qualified candidate for president in my entire lifetime if i were an american. eat shit if you think i need to justify that further.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:06 AM   #462
War Child

Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i would happily vote for the by far most qualified candidate for president in my entire lifetime if i were an american. eat shit if you think i need to justify or qualify that.
*shovels shit*

Old 11-02-2016, 01:11 AM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Quote:
i would happily vote for the by far most qualified candidate for president in my entire lifetime if i were an american. eat shit if you think i need to justify that further.
You can
Did you watch the Dem Convention, they had illegal aliens on stage as speakers and then a key speaker encouraged illegal immigrants to support Hillary, most (many) states don't require I D, to register to vote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:12 AM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
*shovels shit*
thanks for the brief summary of your post history
Old 11-02-2016, 01:14 AM   #465
War Child

Quote:
For someone so sure his desired electoral outcome is an inevitable and foregone conclusion, I can't shake the feeling that you seem a touch... shall we say "bothered," tonight
Old 11-02-2016, 01:16 AM   #466
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Jesus, Dave, come on. Don't attack someone who has, by and large (especially as of late) been attempting to contribute to conversation. You know you're just going to get yourself in trouble. Be the bigger person.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:16 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
For someone so sure his desired electoral outcome is an inevitable and foregone conclusion, I can't shake the feeling that you seem a touch... shall we "bothered," tonight
abject stupidity trying to masquerade itself as truth is what bothers me.

edit: and don't worry. madam president is as certain as there being an earthquake in california some time in the future. but please feel free to continue to make posts we can laugh at you about next week, the more the merrier.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:18 AM   #468
War Child

Quote:
edit: and don't worry. madam president is as certain as there being an earthquake in california some time in the future. but please feel free to make posts we can laugh at you about next week, the more the merrier.
I imagine you'd likely have to read my posts in order to laugh at them, and by your interpretation of them, I'm going to assume you haven't. It won't surprise me if/when Clinton wins, and I don't particularly prefer Trump.

Additionally, I think this is probably the longest exchange I've ever had with you here, so I can't imagine how you've managed to build up this hostility already, haha.

Quote:
abject stupidity trying to masquerade itself as truth is what bothers me.
Hm, would you like to engage on what you think I've said that's untrue? As I said at the end of that monstrosity of a post: I wrote that in order to engage with you all on those subjects, and if I'm wrong, I'd like to be called out for it (though I believe I can defend those points).

Or you can keyboard-yell more at me, haha. Either works
Old 11-02-2016, 01:23 AM   #469
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Jesus, Dave, come on. Don't attack someone who has, by and large (especially as of late) been attempting to contribute to conversation. You know you're just going to get yourself in trouble. Be the bigger person.

Seriously, Dave. Of all the people to direct anger at for being disingenuous and intellectually dishonest, Caleb is an odd choice.

If you can't discuss things without insulting people, cool off until you can.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #470
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
You can

Did you watch the Dem Convention, they had illegal aliens on stage as speakers and then a key speaker encouraged illegal immigrants to support Hillary, most (many) states don't require I D, to register to vote

That's enough trolling, deep.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
If you can't discuss things without insulting people, cool off until you can.
but that's half the fun of drunk posting on interference.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:26 AM   #472
War Child

No harm no foul
Old 11-02-2016, 01:28 AM   #473
Blue Crack Addict

and i thought i was pretty clearly speaking to the trump supporters in general here, not caleb specifically.

whatever. i gotta be honest and say i stand by every word i said tonight, drunk or not. the way they disappeared the minute trump started talking about sexually assaulting people and are now acting like it never happened and they have some high horse to sit on now, they should be fucking embarrassed to come back here and act like they have some reason to gloat. they're fucking emails. your candidate has openly admitted to sexually assaulting people. fuck this bullshit.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:29 AM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 AM
The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

Quote:
but that's half the fun of drunk posting on interference.

I think the return of the interference repubes in hiding must have gotten to you 😛

But I don't think Caleb is even remotely part of that bunch.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:33 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
this is a true statement

it seems like when you see posts you don't favor often you just label it trolling

when there is a lot of real trolling by people agree with, that gets overlooked.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:35 AM   #476
Blue Crack Distributor

Also, I agree with everyone else's frustration at the Trump people leaving for weeks and then showing up and trolling tonight. Its lame as hell.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:41 AM   #477
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
and i thought i was pretty clearly speaking to the trump supporters in general here, not caleb specifically.

whatever. i gotta be honest and say i stand by what i said originally. the way they disappeared the minute trump started talking about sexually assaulting people and are now acting like it never happened and they have some high horse to sit on now, they should be fucking embarrassed to come back here and act like they have some reason to gloat. fuck this bullshit.

He was a private citizen talking in hypotheticals. You'll hear worse on a middle school playground.

I'm allowed to come and go as I please. U2 chickened out at Dreamforce from playing new tunes. I found other reading outlets for news.

Let's face it, you need a foil (me and bob) to take out your angst. The liberal instinct to attack has been absent without us here. The thread got stale.

It's really fascinating sociologically to me to see how the thread activity is amped up in the past 10 hours because you have an opposing force. Don't act like you're not entertained.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1478065231.638612.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	10953

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 11-02-2016, 01:42 AM   #478
More 5G Than Man

I hate to say it, I really fucking do, but this election has made me so numb to verbal abuse, stupidity, corruption and borderline supervillainy that I can't trust myself to make a prudent decision with my available information.

Scrolling through all of that, all I want to do is shrug. I mean, it's a lot of bad stuff, sure, but then I look over to Trump, an overgrown adolescent with terrible platforms (is that even the right word for his vague proposals?), no tact, no political experience and some of the most uninformed supporters in recent memory and I just want to take a shower. What an awful candidate.

So one thing Hillary has going for her is that she isn't Trump. Fantastic. Then what? Well, a lot of Democrats are hitting a wall there. My apathy is nothing personal; as I said before, the emails and "corruption" mean nothing to me at this point. Everyone involved in this election has done or said something I find morally reprehensible, so at least impress me with some exciting policies and...nope. That's not happening either. Never has. I scanned through her policies back in January and nothing in her speeches nor those awful debates changed my mind. She's more in line with my thinking than Trump of course, but not enough to make me an active supporter. I fucking hate her donors too. Talk about a basket of deplorables, holy shit.

BTW, the Clinton campaign will drop a video of Trump lighting puppies on fire in Putin's backyard sometime before the election, so none of this matters. Trump will lose the election, handily. This campaign has been decided by gossip rags since day 1 and that will be the case until the bitter end. That's why the debates were shit. Clinton will have the last word and Trump's campaign will be finished. There's got to be a whole storage locker of dirt on this guy that hasn't been released yet.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:48 AM   #479
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I hate to say it, I really fucking do, but this election has made me so numb to verbal abuse, stupidity, corruption and borderline supervillainy that I can't trust myself to make a prudent decision with my available information.

Scrolling through all of that, all I want to do is shrug. I mean, it's a lot of bad stuff, sure, but then I look over to Trump, an overgrown adolescent with terrible platforms (is that even the right word for his vague proposals?), no tact, no political experience and some of the most uninformed supporters in recent memory and I just want to take a shower. What an awful candidate.

So one thing Hillary has going for her is that she isn't Trump. Fantastic. Then what? Well, a lot of Democrats are hitting a wall there. My apathy is nothing personal; as I said before, the emails and "corruption" mean nothing to me at this point. Everyone involved in this election has done or said something I find morally reprehensible, so at least impress me with some exciting policies and...nope. That's not happening either. Never has. I scanned through her policies back in January and nothing in her speeches nor those awful debates changed my mind. She's more in line with my thinking than Trump of course, but not enough to make me an active supporter. I fucking hate her donors too. Talk about a basket of deplorables, holy shit.

BTW, the Clinton campaign will drop a video of Trump lighting puppies on fire in Putin's backyard sometime before the election, so none of this matters. Trump will lose the election, handily. This campaign has been decided by gossip rags since day 1 and that will be the case until the bitter end. That's why the debates were shit. Clinton will have the last word and Trump's campaign will die a horrible death. There's got to be a whole storage locker of dirt on this guy that hasn't been released yet.
For what it's worth, this is a position I can completely and totally respect. I think I come off more hard-line anti-Clinton than I am. It's not, "If you're voting for Clinton you're a mindless shill who doesn't love AMURKA!" with me. I just want more people to actually walk through the value judgment they're making, like you did, instead of just trying to whitewash what is a very, very sordid history.

I have grown to pretty much hate the Clintons. I think they're corrupt on levels that could only be considered Nixonian if you wanted to be quite unfair to Nixon.

But the other person is a fuckin reality tv star. I completely understand your moral calculus, here.

I only really lose patience when people who are ostensibly "liberal" in a classical sense, and who generally bemoan corruption and cold calculation for gain at to the detriment of those less powerful, suddenly begin shedding their principles like a sweater in the sun the minute the Democratic candidate was Clinton.

One minute it was, "Citizens United is ruining this country!" and now it's, "but can you really PROVE it was a quid pro quo...?"

Your mental calculus is totally fair to me.

I can't understand being *enthusiastic* for either candidate. Frankly, though, I can understand how decent, moral people can find themselves on either side of this election. As long as a person can step back and honestly recognize the valid criticisms of his/her candidate, they're ok w/ me this year.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:50 AM   #480
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1288.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	10954