Second Favorite Artist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
After U2 who is well number 2? I’m sure many of us like the same 10-20 big artists but is there a clear winner?

I think mine is Butch Walker. Seen him live with wife 4 or 5 times and he kills it.

1. Biffy Clyro
2. U2
3. Foo Fighters
4. Pearl Jam
5. Tom Petty

I don't really see that list changing unless a new band comes around that slaps.

1A. Foo Fighters
1B. Duran Duran
2. U2
3. The Killers

So technically, U2 is actually my third band. But these would be the main four that have emerged over the years!

This was just my way to find out who the real fans of u2 are. You’re all on a different list now.

I really love many bands named.

Counting crows has like 90% good songs of stuff they released. Crazy.

I really love many bands named.

Counting crows has like 90% good songs of stuff they released. Crazy.
My fiance and I recently got in a disagreement about the Black Crows being southern rock. She adamantly disagreed with me for a good 10 minutes until she realized that I was indeed talking about the Black Crows, not Counting Crows.

975fc9aaee9beffd07806c853ad220b4.jpg

I've also come to notice over time that people who are really into Counting Crows hold the "O" much longer when speaking the band name.

Been on a huge REM kick lately.

Another band not mentioned yet that I have over 10 CDs (or I used too) was RHCP... Blood Sugar Sex Magix still one of my favorite albums...

And I assume we all love Nirvana.

Check out Butch Walker if you never heard of him. Sure some of you have as you guys are music nerds.

1A is U2, while 1B and 1C are Pearl Jam and Springsteen.

The Killers and Billy Joel occupy the 2A and 2B slots, as is the legal requirement of all children born on Long Island between 1973 and 1993.

Billy Joel huge in my house too because he's a nice Jewish boy even though he to catholic school, but his parents were Jewish and OH VEY look at that face!

Springsteen Born in the USA 1984 at age 6 was the first album I ever loved.

The Killers I like so much but I can't name the band members so I guess not that much and I only understand 4% of their lyrics.

2nd favorite artist is really great artists doing U2.

Seconding the Billy requirement. It is real. Every few years I get the nostalgic itch and I head to MSG for one of his shows.

He was my first "favorite artist."

I tried disavowing him in the late 90s and early 2000s, but you can only hold the Joel back so long.

He got kinda shitty live when he was boozing in the 2000s. I saw him in that period with Elton and was really disappointed (yes, OF COURSE I saw him headline at Nassau in the 90s first). He eventually cleaned up and the 12-12-12 concert showed everyone what he was still capable of. I think it showed him, too. Glad the pandemic period gave him time to focus on slimming down. Now he looks and sounds good. Some of the upper range is gone but the live vocal handoff is pretty seamless. Like U2, however, I wish he’d sprinkle in a few more deep cuts.

Tied for first, U2 and Duran Duran. One overtakes the other briefly from time to time. After that Ben Folds, Depeche Mode and Muse

Normally I'd say Pavement (who were definitely above U2 for a while in the late 90s and early 2000s), but their output is somewhat limited. And I probably listen to Steely Dan and The Beatles more.

But I also don't like the idea of having favorite artists who are defunct/dead, or not putting out new music anymore, so as far as active bands are concerned, it's Los Campesinos.

I just got a counting crows single seat on sale for 25 bucks -- 26.25 all in for Bridgeport -- I think there is a concert sale going on on ticketmaster which I've never heard of before besides my faovrite band is U2 and well you know...

I'm sure parking will be 25 dollars.

I just got a counting crows single seat on sale for 25 bucks -- 26.25 all in for Bridgeport -- I think there is a concert sale going on on ticketmaster which I've never heard of before besides my faovrite band is U2 and well you know...

I'm sure parking will be 25 dollars.

Hit a few of the cheap Concert Week tickets myself as well

Back
Top Bottom