MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: :ohmy:
Sayid:drool: :drool: :drool:

any guesses on who the remaining Oceanic 6 will be?

I am going to guess Sawyer is 1...based soley on Kate telling Jack at the airport that she had to get back cause "he" would be wondering where she was

Dreadsox said:
I loved the last two weeks. It has been too long for a Sayid Episode.

We now know that TIME operates at a slower speed on the island.

THis means for the TEAM it is a different year in their timeline than for the 815ers.

you're completely right, and this will explain why Walt is older when he comes back

great episode!!

Slipstream said:
The ending has now turned my brain into Jello.:coocoo:

I'm going to need to decompress from this episode to figure out what the hell is going on.

I kinda felt the same way.

And since there was no one in the funeral home, I thought that Ben would be the one in that coufin, apparently not.:eyebrow:

So the six are; Kate, Jack, Hurley, Ben, Sayid, and ...................?

RedrocksU2 said:

So the six are; Kate, Jack, Hurley, Ben, Sayid, and ...................?

I don't think you can count Ben as one...he was not on the plane...I think there are 2 more we do not know yet

I was thinking that Kate and Jack might not be part of the "Oceanic 6." That's never been specifically mentioned about them, as far as I can remember. I could be wrong, though!

The "he" Kate might've been talking about might've been Ben. And I think the mysterious guy Sayid is trying to murder is the guy who showed up and asked Hurley about the people on the island. That guy and Ben are at odds for some reason. That's how I see it.

I missed "The Economist" last night so I torrented, and I've only watched the first 5 minutes, but all I have to say is:

YES!!!

Because Sayid survives, at least past this season. Thanks Cuse and Lindeloff for keeping my favorite character around.

more later...

ThoraSEB said:
I was thinking that Kate and Jack might not be part of the "Oceanic 6." That's never been specifically mentioned about them, as far as I can remember. I could be wrong, though!

It's been mentioned about Jack several times, already. And the preview for next week confirmed that Kate is one of them, as well.

Holy crap, that was awesome.

I've been asking myself for a few seasons now, "Why is Sayid not the leader of this group of yahoos?" Jack is constantly PMSing and Locke is kinda insane. Whereas Sayid can MacGuyver a radio out of a shoelace and a piece of bamboo, he's smart and logical, has military experience, and he can kill you with his ankles. Seriously, what more do you want?

Also, he looks good in a tux. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :drool:

Ahem. Sorry. Okay, so we know now that time moves slower on the island (which is interesting because the Oceanic 6 could take years to get back to the island and much less time will have passed for the survivors), and it's pretty strongly hinted with Ben's secret room and passport collection that he has some way to leave the island whenever he wants. Hmm... maybe that's why the freighters want him so badly.

And we've got Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, and... who? I'm thinking either Claire and Aaron or Jin and Sun for the final two.

Who do you think Elsa's boss was? Abbadon? Penny's father? Someone else entirely? Will this headache ever go away? Arrrgg.

And what is Ben holding over Sayid's head to make him work for him? How is he "protecting [his] friends" by working as a hitman? And what exactly happened "the last time he thought with his heart instead of his gun"? I want that flashback NOW, please.

And here's another thing: Sayid said he traded Miles for Charlotte. But at that point, Locke already has Miles in his custody; Sayid didn't have him as a bargaining chip anymore. So he offered something in return for Charlotte, and it sure as hell wasn't Miles. Or maybe it was and the writers are just really sloppy.

Anyway, loved it, loved it, loved it. Naveen Andrews now has his Emmy submission episode.

Oh my god. One of the best episodes ever. What a reveal, though I could tell it was going to be Ben when they were purposely keeping the "doctor" offscreen.

A few notes:

It's still possible that Ben is the one in the coffin. We really don't know what order these flashforwards are in except that Hurley's came before the one in last season's finale. This one could land somewhere in-between.

Sayid is the biggest badass on the show. He didn't even bother disarming that chick or wounding her. BLAM! BLAM! Take no chances. I loved Hurley's reference to the "breakdancing move" that broke the guy's neck.

Ben said to Sayid something about "what they did to you". Now this could mean that some organization put them on the island in the first place, or it could be that they tried to kill them and/or prevent them from leaving the island. Either way, Sayid seems to be operating on "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" here. Ben may be a devious psycho, but what he's done to the Losties may be nothing compared to what this other group has done. I think this is building up to Sayid eventually killing Ben, or trying to and dying in the process--who knows?

I'm very curious about the Desmond thing, but I still believe "not Penny's boat". Because Penny herself knew nothing about the people arriving at the island. It doesn't explain how Naomi had the picture, but it's clear that all the people on the boat are not exactly on the same page. They all have secrets, and possibly their own agendas.

This show is firing on all cylinders right now, that's for sure.

Glad you liked it Laz, that was truly one of the best episodes this show has seen in a while, it was on par with The Man Behind The Curtain at least.

Just watched it; that was fantastic.

Someone mentioned that there has to be a way remaining that Ben could get off the Island whenever he wanted....well, they did have a submarine before Locke blew it up, so, perhaps that was his way off and on?

I find Sayid's character to be the most interesting, so, having the focus on him was most welcome.

Fuck, that was bad-ass.

Sayid's the guy to stick with. He's never been wrong, never been misled by mistakenly assessing others.

Linus is another character I am in support of, as of very recently (as in the last 2 episodes :lol: ). I base my theories on Linus from Peanuts, so this should fly as well as all my other utterly disproved theories thus far. Like Linus, I think Ben is severely misunderstood and not really to be hated, though he's done plenty to deserve it.

I need spoilers. Damnit, time to cave.

*edit: ..except for Hurley being tied up, he (Sayid) fell for that as genuine when even I didn't. I said that was a plant during the episode. I believe it's the only time I've been right so far.

:lol: :up:

ThoraSEB said:

Getting the helicopter off the island seemed a bit too easy - I was surprised to see it actually take off and fly away. Will be interesting to see what happens with that. Also, I hope Michael shows up next week. They've had his name in the credits in all the episodes so far this season.. :)

Helicopter? Does that mean that they all get rescued?
I love knowing the end in advance cos that enhances my viewing experience.

The beginning of this season has me as gripped as the beginning of the first season.

Back
Top Bottom