Sleep Like A Baby Tonight - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dark
dirty
moody
sexy
edgy
catchy
beautiful
challenging
atmospheric
great intro
out of this world outro

this one comes from that place that u2 dicovered in the 90s and should go more often.

love it too much.

Yep definitely. My favorite song on the album right now. Kind of like a Velvet Dress, Wake Up Dead Man, Neon Lights feel to it with a Depeche Mode Vibe!:drool:

this one comes from that place that u2 dicovered in the 90s and should go more often.

love it too much.

Okay, okay. This statement alone makes me think I need to give it more of a chance. I sorely miss dark/edgy/groovy/soulful 90s U2

After a few album listens, this is one of my early favorites--but to be honest, the whole frickin' record is pretty dang solid :up:

I really, really love this one. It does sound very Zooropa.

it's 3am here, i want to blast this song through the window. i feel that people must wake up to know the privilege that we have by being alive today and having the opportunity to listen to this song.

Great, great, great, great, great great, great song. Love this one!!! Ahhhhh.... exhale.... love these songs. Edges creativity is back in this album again.

I'm so glad that the album dropped the way it did. If this title had been heard weeks ago, it would have elicited much "horrible title" nonsense.

Love this song.

Third listen-through and this song came out of nowhere and hit me like a ton of bricks. Incredible sound that is very reminiscent of the things we heard on Zooropa, beautiful melodies, some truly unique guitar work from Edge... wow, I have really become a fan of this one.

Whoa, whoa whoa!!! In a past few songs on this album I was thinking, "where is the U2 that had *bite*, teeth!?" And this totally delivers. Yay for falsetto and the grungy guitar solo .... I love it. And the drums. Wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Awful title, and a couple of subsequent listens have indicated to me that it's not as interesting as it seemed on first listen. We'll see which impression becomes more long-lasting. "Tomorrow dawns like a suicide" sounds like the title of an album in the mid-00s by a b-grade My Chemical Romance knock-off.

Third listen-through and this song came out of nowhere and hit me like a ton of bricks. Incredible sound that is very reminiscent of the things we heard on Zooropa, beautiful melodies, some truly unique guitar work from Edge... wow, I have really become a fan of this one.

My thoughts exactly. It has that Zooropa-esque quirkiness, a perfect blend of 80s synth-pop and subtle pop-rock guitar. And gotta love the falsetto :heart: I actually find Bono's effected vocals and melody to be very psychedelic Beatles, anyone else get that?

I also adore Edge's solo. the guitar tone in this song is smexy.

i'm loving how sparse this track is. definitely something i could remix!

Reminds me of Gorillaz a bit. Raw and edgy and sexy. Pop and Zooropa era goodness. I hope they plat on b stage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using U2 Interference mobile app

Not a fan of the title (I hate when Bono uses cliches)

yeah i think the title made me underestimate it a bit, but then again it reminds me of "some days are better than others" or "babyface." Bono's lyrics throughout the album have that same sort of effortless poeticism that Zooropa had, as well.

This comes straight from the aesthetic matrices that shaped the songwriting in Zooropa and Pop. Even the title, as Afliktor suggested, bears a strong resemblance to their ironic nomenclature of the 90's. Without a doubt a standout track for me, especially as far as the outro with its ''jazz-y'' nuances is concerned.

This is the one that makes me feel vey good about having lost Eno Lanois et al. As much as I love them in their own rights, to make this song U2 had to take bussiness elsewhere. Danger Mouse is all over that sound. At 1.50ish it's pure Gnarls Barkley. Cool. Is rhis the darkest they have ever been? I think so.

Nice to see that U2 admits to being a normal band with normal songs. Albeit very good ones from time to time. They can walkmuch taller this way. And win in the end. In a way I feel this whole album is like POP without the very heavy cross.

I totally missed the meaning of the lyrics behind this one. :ohmy:

What's the meaning? I'm confused. Somehow it's about the church, but on the other hand it sounds like some drug theme. I like the vagueness and the eerie atmosphere which gives me a certain sense of discomfort, but in a good way. There's something disturbing in the very calm and almost soothing vocal delivery of the song, especially the chorus. Certainly a type of song I wouldn't have expected from U2.

Back
Top Bottom