LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Summer Rain is the most patently obvious 'demo' they ever released. The music sounds like something I wrote two months after I started playing guitar. The lyrics? Whatever. Not enough to save it. Just so incredibly generic...that song, for me, sort of personifies the blandness (at times) of the 2000-2006 era for U2.

Agree 1000x

Summer Rain is the most patently obvious 'demo' they ever released. The music sounds like something I wrote two months after I started playing guitar. The lyrics? Whatever. Not enough to save it. Just so incredibly generic...that song, for me, sort of personifies the blandness (at times) of the 2000-2006 era for U2.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Summer Rain Mercy is the most patently obvious 'demo' they ever released. The music sounds like something I wrote two months after I started playing guitar. The lyrics? Whatever. Not enough to save it. Just so incredibly generic...that song, for me, sort of personifies the blandness (at times) of the 2000-2006 era for U2.

Corrected.

Summer Rain is a b-side so WHO CARES?!!! :doh:

13256355-illustration-with-calendar-october-21.jpg

Yep. We have that as well; the boy watches it more than Mr CK or I do.

I also think it may have been included in a Bomb box set; I have fuzzy memories of there being a hardback-type book with lyrics and such in various bandmember handwriting as well as things like B's handprints and band artwork. Maybe that came out after the initial release of HTDAAB? :hmm: :reject:

Yup. I own that.

My exact thoughts of Wild Honey.

Skin cancer is a bitch.

Are you Bono's personal assistant? Do you harbor an insatiable desire to be? The way you post like some kind of authority on practically everything Bono-related has become one of your trademarks.

Ehh, someone asked why a pasty white Irishman like Bono always wears layers in the hot, sunny south of France, so BVS responds the most obvious reason why one would do that? To prevent sunburn? How does that make him Bono's personal assistant?? :scratch:

Ehh, someone asked why a pasty white Irishman like Bono always wears layers in the hot, sunny south of France, so BVS responds the most obvious reason why one would do that? To prevent sunburn? How does that make him Bono's personal assistant?? :scratch:

I'm every bit as white as Bono. Luckily, I've discovered a solution to preventing sunburn that doesn't involve wearing multiple layers of black clothing, including pants, in late July in the south of France (or, say, Central Texas):

WQIMYY.jpg

I should obviously be Bono's new personal assistant.

I have invested heavily in under armour's line of long sleeve shirts made specifically for hot weather, to avoid the downfalls of pasty Irish skin.

BVS, as my personal assistant, told me to do so.

BVS also helped me with an itch a while back.

Back
Top Bottom