LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly. Even put it in the same spot, though using the original track order that was announced a month before the album came out.

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Walk On
Stuck in a Moment
Peace on Earth
Kite
New York
In A Little While
Summer Rain
When I Look At The World
Grace

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Changing the track order was dumb. Stuck being the second song just kills the pace of the album for me.

It is funny, this is exactly how I would burn the album to a CD back in the day and how I order the songs on my playlist on my Ipod. It just works better for some reason.

ATYCLB is a very good album. Not JT or AB level, but it is two or three songs from getting there for me. The average songs for me are New York (just never really hit me, better live though) and Wild Honey which I usually don't even include as indicated.

U2 are very much in uncharted teritorry. Bring Rick Rubin and hope he does for your career what he did for so many acts.

The band and its membership went through several re-configurations between 1968 and 1974, achieving their current form when Peart replaced original drummer John Rutsey in July 1974, two weeks before the group's first United States tour.

Bon Jovi and Aerosmith also didn't have the same lineup for as long as U2, and they've both become a parody of themselves by now. And aren't to be taken seriously once they started using ghost writers.

Changing the track order was dumb. Stuck being the second song just kills the pace of the album for me.

It is funny, this is exactly how I would burn the album to a CD back in the day and how I order the songs on my playlist on my Ipod. It just works better for some reason.

ATYCLB is a very good album. Not JT or AB level, but it is two or three songs from getting there for me. The average songs for me are New York (just never really hit me, better live though) and Wild Honey which I usually don't even include as indicated.

My thoughts exactly. I wonder why they changed that track order last minute!

Are you Bono's personal assistant? Do you harbor an insatiable desire to be? The way you post like some kind of authority on practically everything Bono-related has become one of your trademarks.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

I suggest trying less.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

I suggest trying less.

Remind me what BVS stands for again. Bono Vox Sycophant, perchance? :lol::lol::lol: I'm only pulling your leg, buddy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Summer Rain for me is a very weak b-side. Wild honey is a lot better I. M.o..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Aerosmith also didn't have the same lineup for as long as U2.

Yes they have.

As for Bon Jovi being a parody of themselves... Im pretty sure that would require them to actually still resemble the band they once were, not reinvent themselves 30 years into their career.

U2 are very much in uncharted teritorry. Bring Rick Rubin and hope he does for your career what he did for so many acts.

The band and its membership went through several re-configurations between 1968 and 1974, achieving their current form when Peart replaced original drummer John Rutsey in July 1974, two weeks before the group's first United States tour.

Bon Jovi and Aerosmith also didn't have the same lineup for as long as U2, and they've both become a parody of themselves by now. And aren't to be taken seriously once they started using ghost writers.

Bon Jovi did lose their original bass player in 1993. Aerosmith, despite having two members go on hiatus from 1979 to 1984, have pretty much had the same lineup since 1970.

Tyler said he fired Perry. Perry said he quit. I have no clue which is accurate. Either way, Joe Perry was no longer in Aerosmith and formed his own band. Perry didn't even appear on one of their albums. Brad Whitford later quit. Both and Perry and Whitford were actually replaced. "Hiatus" implies they were still in the band but inactive. They were out of the band. Perry specifically for 5 years. That's not an insignificant period of time but especially back then.

Bon Jovi is without a member that was with them during their 80's heyday (their first 10+ years). That's like if Adam got fired during ZooTV and never came back.

U2 has never gone through anything remotely like that. No member of U2 has been out of the band, at all, much less missing a whole record. Much less two members out of the band at the same time. Much less ever fired anyone.

All that said, it's the same lineup for the last 30 years for Aerosmith (and about '71-'79). That's impressive.

ZZ Top is the correct answer. 1969-present.
Same three guys. No breakups. No bullshit.
That said, it's three guys...easier to keep harmonious than four.
And ZZ Top hasn't been relevant in over 20 years.

U2 has been relevant (enough) within the last decade. U2 are in some unique and impressive space here. It's hard to deny that.

Now...can I go back to criticizing them for something?

Back
Top Bottom