LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Guetta???WTF!please tell me there's nothing on the album produced by that clown

I thought the work done with him was just talk?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

it was.. that article is not an article. it's just trash.

in other news..

some spokespersons are better than others..
U2 insist they will release an album this year - RTÉ Ten

However, when contacted by RTÉ Ten, Universal Music Ireland said they "are not making any comment on this at the moment."

Same rumours just all combined

Sent from my SM-T210 using U2 Interference mobile app

RedOne, will.i.am and Guetta is the new 'north star' title track recycle

Sent from my SM-T210 using U2 Interference mobile app

David Guetta???WTF!please tell me there's nothing on the album produced by that clown

I thought the work done with him was just talk?

I don't think anything will be on the album from him or Will.i.am...

These sort of "stories" are usually just people with very little knowledge of the band, throwing together bits and pieces of random info that they accumulate.

I stopped reading after it said this: Reports had suggested that the I Threw a Brick Through a Window hit makers....

:lol: very good song but i don't think they sold lots of records for that tune.

I can just see bono with Akon dancing round a pool in a David Guetta video.

God the thought of it :) daft thing is I wouldn't put it past bono

I stopped reading after it said this: Reports had suggested that the I Threw a Brick Through a Window hit makers....

I thought it was pretty hilarious that of all U2 songs, they chose I Threw A Brick. ???

I can just see bono with Akon dancing round a pool in a David Guetta video.

God the thought of it :) daft thing is I wouldn't put it past bono

I'm sure Bono has danced in many pools with celebrities and politicians in his lifetime.

I'm sure Bono has danced in many pools with celebrities and politicians in his lifetime.

What on MTV in a U2 single produced by Guetta? Social and work are two different things. I wonder if it would make the MTV dance channel :)

I thought it was pretty hilarious that of all U2 songs, they chose I Threw A Brick. ???

it is a weird choice, but I think that's a little tongue in cheek humour on the part of RTE..

The return of Irish rock band U2 to the music scene is a fact. Following the confirmation via Interscope topper John Janick that their new album would arrive this year

Rolling Stone citing Janick is actually pretty huge news.

Album in 2014 looks like a certainty if that's true.

Announcement:

U2 Donkey Punch: The Duets Sessions

Unannounced release on 10/20/14

Tracklisting:

1. "Rolling out the Dough" Featuring Adele
2. "Sunday" (But Not Til Tuesday)" Featuring Rebecca Black
3. "He's Our Guy" Featuring Madonna
4. "Song For Someone" Featuring Alison Hewson and Ann Acheson
5. "Ordinary Love" Featuring Winnie Mandela
6. "What About Lunch?" Featuring Aimee Mann
7. "Glitter Part II" Featuring Mariah Carey
8. "Its Nice in Nice" Featuring Cyndi Lauper
9. "Fisher's Song" Featuring Chris Martin
10. "Invisible (Album Cut)" Featuring Felicity Jones
11. "Shake that Milkshake" Featuring Taylor Swift
12. "I Gut a (Gut) Feeling" Featuring Yoko Ono

Press release to be distributed Friday 8/22/14.

This is probably been seen here before, but it's a pretty good take on U2 dropping a surprise album from what is probably not a "fan". - and this was written back in March

A few artists we'd like to see release a surprise album on iTunes l The 405

I think U2 should surprise release their just-delayed album whenever it's done. Wait! Where are you going? Hear me out. There's not a lot of artists the whole surprise release thing works for. They need to be popular, front page of iTunes popular. U2 aren't exactly fashionable, but they're one of the biggest bands on the planet. If they suddenly appeared everywhere out nowhere with an album, as they almost certainly would if they chose to do this, you'd probably be at least a little bit curious to hear it. They're one of the few acts who could match surfboard-levels of excitement, even if it occurs in a completely different string of media.

I'd rate my interest in new U2 material somewhere between morbid curiosity and foolish optimism. They've been away for a while, and seem set to make their legacy album. But remember, not everyone who bought that Beyoncé album was a Beyoncé fan; they just got drawn into its inescapable buzz. I think we're still realising the full extent of that secret releases' effects. It made people think of a singles act like Beyoncé in full album terms. U2 sit somewhere in the middle, they've had great singles over the years, but they're mostly seen as an LP band. This release style could combine the best of both worlds, it's an album as a single. If they can surprise people into listening to something they would have never given the time of day to otherwise, they could be back in fine form, people might actually start enjoying U2 again. And at the least, it'd one of the only things about their upcoming album that they hadn't over thought. - Peter Hinson

If U2 do indeed go the surprise release route, that could also give them a better gauge on what songs they should release as singles down the line.

That line up of producers in the article quoted above is just ... ridiculous. And far fetched I don't know where they got these names from. DM, Epworth, Tedder, ok, but the rest? :huh:

Anyway, if the surprise release stories should become reality, I'll surely take that day off. Just to see this place going insane :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom