LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Maybe the volcano references are hinting to this place when it gets hit with a new U2 album. Eruptions everywhere.

Imagine all the lame Bono lines like "we've been rumbling for a couple years and we're about to erupt! This album will be as hot as magma and I just hope it doesn't turn to ash too quickly."

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Imagine all the lame Bono lines like "we've been rumbling for a couple years and we're about to erupt! This album will be as hot as magma and I just hope it doesn't turn to ash too quickly."

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Lead single: a cover of Pompeii by Bastille.

Volcanos are known to erupt without warning....no "sirens" to alert you that it's happening.

Am I reaching, maybe, but I have been waiting for this album for YEARS...so let me reach!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes. I'm going to say the fucking head of Interscope confirming a U2 album for 2014 is a far cry from the latest among dozens of vague reports about one thing or another. Call me crazy.

Crazy

I think the whole volcano thing is massively out of proportion. U2spain probably posted it as a metaphor - not everything they post has to be literal...

I think the whole volcano thing is massively out of proportion. U2spain probably posted it as a metaphor - not everything they post has to be literal...

Now why would you go and say that?

This iTunes thing would be a bad move. They'll get slammed for copying Beyonce.

Nothing matters besides the music. They can use any promotional gimmick they want, but sales and hype will depend on whether the songs are good. And unfortunately there's little hope for that. Especially with that nauseating list of producers.

Rolling Stone citing Janick is actually pretty huge news.

Album in 2014 looks like a certainty if that's true.

If this can be taken to be official then Registered Dude's prediction that we will have confirmation about a 2014 release has come true.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think it would make sense for them to use the 'Invisible' tactic of releasing an abstract trailer a week before the full video on their YouTube channel, and linking to it by bombarding social media with the link, but no other details. No official announcement, nothing at all. Just put up a trailer to the new single and let the media run riot with speculation. The more abstract and the more wild and divergent the theories, and the more column inches they receive.

Then, 24 hours before it is released, a simple message on social media - U2. (Single title). 24 hours. Update at 12 hours, 6 hours, 3, 2, 1, and then release simultaneously to radio, iTunes and YouTube. A short message after the video that says #(albumtitle) and date (one week later). A day before the release, lyric video of a second song, also released to radio, and track list and release details.

Dates I would follow -
Trailer release - September 9 - same day as iPhone 6 announcement.
Video release - sept 16. Possible date for iPhone release, mp3 and video pre-loaded
Album release - sept 23
iTunes festival - around album release. Album played in full live, plus some warhorses and rarities.
Fan poll for second official single of website members.

Nothing matters besides the music. They can use any promotional gimmick they want, but sales and hype will depend on whether the songs are good. And unfortunately there's little hope for that. Especially with that nauseating list of producers.

Good. Lord. Even. :doh::doh::doh: :down:

this:

U2DMFan.. which story had this again? this really IS a big deal
This one:
AND IT ALREADY HAS BEGUN!!!

Ultimate Music | U2 to release new album this fall. RedOne, David Guetta, will.i.am involved!

U2 to release new album this fall. RedOne, David Guetta, will.i.am involved!

The return of Irish rock band U2 to the music scene is a fact. Following the confirmation via Interscope topper John Janick that their new album would arrive this year, rumors have not stopped to spread through the Internet.

Universal Music Venezuela and Colombia briefly posted tweets saying the album was coming out in September. This month, the band filmed a music video in Nice, according French newspaper Nice-Matin.

According to close sources to the group, the first single is about to arrive, and could be released in early September. The album could come a few weeks later, and the first dates of their upcoming world tour may be announced in December, which will begin in April next year.

They could are trying to make a “BEYONCÉ“-move, and get no leaked information about the launch, and release it all by surprise. Something unusual in the way of promoting their previous albums. According U2 fan site atu2.com,

the band will release it with little of the fanfare usually associated with a new U2 album

Among the producers who have been involved in the production of this new album include: Danger Mouse, will.i.am, David Guetta, RedOne, Ryan Tedder and Paul Epworth, who is said to have helmed the final round of sessions early this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom