LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait to the new album what? :scratch:

Soo, basically U2 valencia keeps using Sirens and volcano references? Kinda odd. Either they know something we don't, or they're just taking the piss and seeing if they can get a news site to pick it up or something.

U2 poised to do a Beyonce and release new album with NO warning | Goss.ie

U2 are poised to do a Beyonce – and release their new album with no warning.

The Dublin rockers are expected to have their latest record out in October, their first since 2009.

Now insiders have revealed that part of the delay is sorting plans to fling the album out through iTunes with no pre-publicity.

“The promotion for this album will be a little different,” a record company source said.

“We can comfortably tell you tell that despite recent reports, U2 fans will definitely get an album this year.”

Already, U2′s management have confirmed that the new album will come out this year after reports it was delayed further.

Last December, Beyonce released her fifth album with no warning onto iTunes – immediately shooting to the top of the charts.

It was regarded as a marketing coup, as more than 400,000 people downloaded a copy in one day in just America.

Already, U2 have links with iTunes after offering new single Invisible for free through them as part of a Super Bowl charity promotion.

Can you imagine just waking up and without any warning the new albums just there to download. I think id wet myself!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Can you imagine just waking up and without any warning the new albums just there to download. I think id wet myself!

My informed prediction:

There will be much advanced "warning" but it will not come in the traditional sense. We wont get a release date from an official source, for example.

We will get a first single (mid September), and a steady diet of social media promotion and band appearances (secret gigs, interviews, maybe even itunes festival appearance), but at no point will we know when the album will drop. the band will generate hype, and build anticipation through vague hints - song snippets, short youtube videos (like the "There is no them" video that was released prior to invisible), artwork/photos on instagram, etc. They will not be all over the place, doing 5 nights on Fallon or whatever, but we'll still know something is happening.. Fan/media speculation will drive the promotion.

The album will get an itunes release, ahead of a physical release. It will be in October and will only be officially announced on the day it is release.

Mark my words! believe!

The Dublin rockers are expected to have their latest record out in October, their first since 2009.

Now insiders have revealed that part of the delay is sorting plans to fling the album out through iTunes with no pre-publicity.

“The promotion for this album will be a little different,” a record company source said.

“We can comfortably tell you tell that despite recent reports, U2 fans will definitely get an album this year.”

Already, U2′s management have confirmed that the new album will come out this year after reports it was delayed further.

Last December, Beyonce released her fifth album with no warning onto iTunes – immediately shooting to the top of the charts.

It was regarded as a marketing coup, as more than 400,000 people downloaded a copy in one day in just America.

Already, U2 have links with iTunes after offering new single Invisible for free through them as part of a Super Bowl charity promotion.
The fact that there is no specific date on that album release sheet makes sense if they are planning to release it by surprise.

My informed prediction:

There will be much advanced "warning" but it will not come in the traditional sense. We wont get a release date from an official source, for example.

We will get a first single (mid September), and a steady diet of social media promotion and band appearances (secret gigs, interviews, maybe even itunes festival appearance), but at no point will we know when the album will drop. the band will generate hype, and build anticipation through vague hints - song snippets, short youtube videos (like the "There is no them" video that was released prior to invisible), artwork/photos on instagram, etc. They will not be all over the place, doing 5 nights on Fallon or whatever, but we'll still know something is happening.. Fan/media speculation will drive the promotion.

The album will get an itunes release, ahead of a physical release. It will be in October and will only be officially announced on the day it is release.

Mark my words! believe!
Maybe, we'll see.

Just a question. Was there any warning for Beyoncé's album? Or did it drop out of the blue. Telling people they are going to do a surprise album drop, is kinda well, an oxymoron.

Just a question. Was there any warning for Beyoncé's album? Or did it drop out of the blue. Telling people they are going to do a surprise album drop, is kinda well, an oxymoron.

Beyoncé's album wasn't a true surprise, her version of interference knew it was coming soon. It just means you drop an album without promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

A 'Beyonce' type release makes sense. I think 3 out 10 casual music fans would download it just to hear the hype. That alone could be 200,000 + downloads. Then put U2 fans on top of that and they could break a million.

And one way to make it different from Beyonce would to have more songs. Maybe U2 does 20 songs or something.

The internet and media would blow up if U2 just released an album. Public perception is instant these days w/ social media.

NO WARNING, GUYS

#thisisnotawarning

Beyoncé's album wasn't a true surprise, her version of interference knew it was coming soon. It just means you drop an album without promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks BVS. Did she have a lead single??

Anyway, one thing that bothers me about this, is that as we have all seen over and over again recently, this article is going to get copy and pasted by "journalists" all over the world - Rolling Stone, Spin, NME, Paste, COS, MTV.com, the list goes on and on. So by the time any album drop would come, it's not really surprise to anyone. And every single one is going to say they are "pulling a Beyoncé" Ugh...
Anyway, I guess I'll take it any way I can get it.

Now comes the speculation of first week sales. I would say maybe 200,000ish... But that hinges on if there is a lead single, and the reception to that. And also if there is the forever speculated iphone tie-in. That could change the whole game.

Thanks BVS. Did she have a lead single??

Anyway, one thing that bothers me about this, is that as we have all seen over and over again recently, this article is going to get copy and pasted by "journalists" all over the world - Rolling Stone, Spin, NME, Paste, COS, MTV.com, the list goes on and on. So by the time any album drop would come, it's not really surprise to anyone. And every single one is going to say they are "pulling a Beyoncé" Ugh...
Anyway, I guess I'll take it any way I can get it.

Now comes the speculation of first week sales. I would say maybe 200,000ish...

All. Of. This.

just imagine..
you wake up.. early September.. you check interference and THE NEW SINGLE IS RELEASED.

holy shit balls the new single is out there right now and you can listen right now.

you grab your headphones, shut off the world, and hit play.. 5 years.. it's been SO long.. can't wait for it.. here we go!!!!111!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hef64JkHFRA

just imagine..
you wake up.. early September.. you check interference and THE NEW SINGLE IS RELEASED.

holy shit balls the new single is out there right now and you can listen right now.

you grab your headphones, shut off the world, and hit play.. 5 years.. it's been SO long.. can't wait for it.. here we go!!!!111!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hef64JkHFRA

Wow, that song is horrible. I truly hope they got all that shitty stuff out of their system with these side projects over the last 5 years.

interesting to note...

last time U2 shared something to instagram: May
last time U2 shared something to facebook: June
last time U2 shared something to twitter: June (not counting retweets)
last time U2 shared something to tumblr: June

if they're going to build hype via social media, the next tweet/post (whatever it might be) could be the signal that things are starting up again

AND IT ALREADY HAS BEGUN!!!

Ultimate Music | U2 to release new album this fall. RedOne, David Guetta, will.i.am involved!

U2 to release new album this fall. RedOne, David Guetta, will.i.am involved!

The return of Irish rock band U2 to the music scene is a fact. Following the confirmation via Interscope topper John Janick that their new album would arrive this year, rumors have not stopped to spread through the Internet.

Universal Music Venezuela and Colombia briefly posted tweets saying the album was coming out in September. This month, the band filmed a music video in Nice, according French newspaper Nice-Matin.

According to close sources to the group, the first single is about to arrive, and could be released in early September. The album could come a few weeks later, and the first dates of their upcoming world tour may be announced in December, which will begin in April next year.

They could are trying to make a “BEYONCÉ“-move, and get no leaked information about the launch, and release it all by surprise. Something unusual in the way of promoting their previous albums. According U2 fan site atu2.com,

the band will release it with little of the fanfare usually associated with a new U2 album

Among the producers who have been involved in the production of this new album include: Danger Mouse, will.i.am, David Guetta, RedOne, Ryan Tedder and Paul Epworth, who is said to have helmed the final round of sessions early this month.

One other thing to keep in mind is that Beyoncé surprise released her album along with SEVENTEEN videos! So U2 has to do something to make their surprise release different or special or it will fall flat. Cause god knows they aren't making 17 videos. Or even 3 for that matter.

David Guetta???WTF!please tell me there's nothing on the album produced by that clown

I thought the work done with him was just talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom