"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
25p7h8x.jpg

I think you need to remake the Garden State trailer using the same Frou Frou song and slowed-down footage of the whole bus scene and Epic Beard Guy's rant outside afterwards.

You can also throw in his on-camera ejection from an A's game.

I realize I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, but I finally rented Up tonight. Don't feel like writing out a full review, so I'll let my Pixar rankings do the talking:

1. Toy Story (A+)
2. Wall-E (A)
3. Finding Nemo (A)
4. Up (A-)
5. Ratatouille (A-)
6. The Incredibles (A-)
7. Toy Story 2 (B+)
8. A Bug's Life (B+)
9. Cars (B)
10. Monster's Inc. (B-)

They clearly called the movie "Up" because the writers were fucking high when they wrote this script. I barely have any idea what the hell that was, but that tenuously-connected jumble of scenes happened to provide me with the most fun I've had watching a movie since Backdoor Sluts 9. I had to dock some points for the plot being utter shit, but I was in near tears at the sheer absurdity of some of the situations (coupled with a sharp, genuinely funny script). Though this is, overall, a step back from Wall-E, I'm confident that Pixar just keeps getting better. For the time being, anyway. The idea of the studio churning out three films in the span of 18 months (two of them sequels) is an ominous one, to say the least.

(...Or perhaps I'll let my talking do the talking. Damn.)

I finally got to see;
You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin'.

9/10

Loved it.

1. Toy Story (A+)
2. Wall-E (A)
3. Finding Nemo (A)
4. Up (A-)
5. Ratatouille (A-)
6. The Incredibles (A-)
7. Toy Story 2 (B+)
8. A Bug's Life (B+)
9. Cars (B)
10. Monster's Inc. (B-)

They clearly called the movie "Up" because the writers were fucking high when they wrote this script. I barely have any idea what the hell that was, but that tenuously-connected jumble of scenes happened to provide me with the most fun I've had watching a movie since Backdoor Sluts 9. I had to dock some points for the plot being utter shit, but I was in near tears at the sheer absurdity of some of the situations (coupled with a sharp, genuinely funny script). Though this is, overall, a step back from Wall-E, I'm confident that Pixar just keeps getting better. For the time being, anyway. The idea of the studio churning out three films in the span of 18 months (two of them sequels) is an ominous one, to say the least.

(...Or perhaps I'll let my talking do the talking. Damn.)

Watched it fairly recently too. For me:

1. Up
2. Inbredicles
3. Finding Nomo
4. Bog's Lithe
5. Toy Store

and I can't be bothered with the rest.

Up really was a massive surprise, as I'd honestly thought I was over Pixar by the time it'd come out. Not that I'm not aware of their talents, I just think CGi movies have been cutting the fine line for a few years now, at least stylistically. But it completely blew my expectations out of the water. The plot was crazy, sure, but that's what made it so amazing. And for being so over-the-top, I don't remember watching a more heartwarming (and sometimes heartbreaking) movie in a long time.

Why Dreamworks bother to insult a child's intelligence three+ times a year is a mystery to me, as this has really set the bar for what a modern family movie should be.

Nonetheless, I'll admit to having not seen Wall-E yet, as nothing from what I knew interested me in the slightest, whereas I had been looking forward to Up sometime before its cinematic release. My understanding of Wall-E is that the first forty minutes features only a frustratingly bland looking cutesy robot getting up to shenanigans as he finds out the world is fucked while making a lot of beepy noises, and that sounds like such a miserable experience that I don't care what the following fifty minutes are like. Am I wrong? Do tell, as I'll redeem if necessary.

That's a very reductive take on Wall-E. The first forty minutes are the best thing that Pixar has ever done, at least from what I've seen.

Gotta agree with Laz here. The first act of Wall-E is just fantastic and one of my favorite portions of any film over the past few years. Even on the whole, the thing is right up with Ratatouille as my favorite Pixar.

You guys mightve seen these already, but if not, I think you'll dig them. They're minimalist Tarantino movie posters made by a Toronto Art Director/Graphic Designer that works closely with my roommate. Thought it was cool to see them all over the interwebs

reservoir-dogs-poster.jpg

pulp-fiction-poster.jpg

kill-bill-1-poster.jpg

death-proof-poster.jpg

ib-poster.jpg

kill-bill-2-poster.jpg

Really love the Reservior Dogs and Kill Bill Vol. 1 posters.

I've always been a fan of simplicity when it comes to these sort of things. Album covers, too.

You might already know this, but you don't have to have an account to read people's Twitter pages. I sure as shit don't have an account on that thing but I regularly look at a handful of celebs Twitter pages. Ebert is one of them. A few sports dudes. A certain pop/country superstar, etc.

That actually hadn't occurred to me - thanks! I signed up for it so I could see what the deal was, as we might be exploring some options for using it at work, but I mostly just find it irritating.

Maybe I'm just not following the right people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom