Random Movie Talk XII: A Locker Full of Hurtin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Adds to bookshelf*

lmphump-1.gif

I recently got my bookshelf humping self a copy of the extended Ghostbusters score by Elmer Bernstein. It's truly some wonderful stuff, dare I say a severely underrated element of one of the funniest movies ever made.

Despite having yet to see the film it's based on, I am having way too much fun playing this game.

Sux about the lack of extras, would have loved to hear Marty talking about the various influences on the film.

But I don't think it's likely to be a double-dip, either.

Think of all the shit he would have talked about how much better his films are than Spielberg's. Fucking lost opportunity there.

That's in the secret pop-up video commentary, where Scorsese, DeNiro and Pesci all beat up Spielberg and toss him over Pauline Kael's grave. All of this is set to "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes.

Sux about the lack of extras, would have loved to hear Marty talking about the various influences on the film.

But I don't think it's likely to be a double-dip, either.

I don't know, there should be a whole lot more behind the scenes material out there for this than just interviews, you certainly can delve into the real life inspirations, the influences, and the actual pre-production process, as well as the use of music, honestly if there isn't a special edition in the works I'd be severely disappointed.

I rarely venture into these parts, but I'd love to see del Toro redo Stephen King's The Stand. That is all.

As what, another miniseries? Can we put a moratorium on Stephen King adaptations? Please?

It would be great if every time someone mentioned King, you went off on a rant about how Dean Koontz was the better writer.

In 15 years, when my world weariness and cynicism wear down the lining of my once lively and beating heart, then, and only then, will this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom