"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just not following the right people.

You could follow your girl Gaga. http://twitter.com/ladygaga

And here are the Top 10 most followed pages on the Twitter. This list cracks me up. I love the world we live in:

#1 - Ashton Kutcher
#2 - Britney Spears
#3 - Ellen Degeneres
#4 - Barack Obama
#5 - Oprah
#6 - John Mayer
#7 - Kim Kardashian
#8 - Twitter itself
#9 - Ryan Seacrest
#10 - CNN

That actually hadn't occurred to me - thanks! I signed up for it so I could see what the deal was, as we might be exploring some options for using it at work, but I mostly just find it irritating.

Maybe I'm just not following the right people.

Damn. I was looking forward to subscribing to your Twittery Twit Twit page.

Bloggity Blog Blog
Twittery Twit Twit
Faceity Book Book?

I do have GaGa on my Twit list, but I'm also getting the same stuff through Facebook.

I just recently started following Ebert. Enjoyable so far. I'd go as far to say he's the best I follow.

I've been totally engrossed in reading Easy Riders, Raging Bulls for the past few days. Regardless of how much of these events are totally substantiated, it's really interesting to contextualize that era in film and the characters that populated it, without a bias towards or against anyone in particular. Sure, guys like Schrader and Friedkin villify Spielberg and Lucas, but Friedkin's no angel himself. The Spielberg/Lucas duo did their part to put a focus back to simpler, blockbuster-oriented films, but it was guys like Friedkin, Bogdanovich, and to a lesser extent Scorsese who dropped the ball. Hubris, man. It's a killer. Hearing about how Bogdanovich made his way out to L.A. and started hanging out with Hawks, Ford, and Welles like it was nothing is badass. It just makes me wonder what it would be like to chill with Scorsese, Coppola, and De Palma like it was nothing.

I've just got to the part discussing Apocalypse Now, which I'm already kind of familiar with, but the strongest portion of the book was with Dennis Hopper and Easy Rider, only reminding me how much I need to see it.

LeMac, your tangerine video just blew my mind.

Whilst getting through another couple Eastwood westerns this weekend, I realized that I've never actually seen the original Dirty Harry from start to finish. :huh:

LeMac, your tangerine video just blew my mind.

Whilst getting through another couple Eastwood westerns this weekend, I realized that I've never actually seen the original Dirty Harry from start to finish. :huh:

wut???? kewl!

Sweet. Dirty Harry is a hell of a lot of fun. I've heard Magnum Force is even better, too.

I've had Eastwood's Pale Rider, Outlaw Josey Wales, and High Plains Drifter at the top of my queue for a while. I'm excited to watch them, but I can't fathom watching them first before McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Rio Bravo, and Pat Garrett. Oh yeah, and The Searchers.

Despite their availability as streaming movies on Netflix, make sure that Joe Kidd and Two Mules for Sister Sara are low are your list. Particularly Joe Kidd. Hang 'em High and Josey Wales are pretty fun though, for the non-Spaghetti films.

Year One is apparently now available to stream on Netflix as well. I can't wait to finally see what everyone else hates! :happy: :|

Oh, you weren't going for ones he directed exclusively then? Cool.

Year One was a secret ploy to make everyone hate comedy. It's insane how terrible that movie becomes.

Just trying to see all the Westerns he starred in. Why, I don't know.

I've yet to hear anyone say they liked Year One, even people with atrocious tastes. I sorta look forward to seeing the train wreck for myself.

I expect at least 500 words on Paint Your Wagon.

Old Boy will make your Utahian Blu Ray player self-destruct.

Looking at the cast list for Year One, that's kind of a drag how much it sucks (I've never even seen a preview). I still like Scorcese, though.

I still like Scorcese, though.

I looked to see if there were any good "lolosaurus" pictures to post in response to this comment, and found this....

lolosaurus-rex-lolosaurus-rex-calamitous-demotivational-poster-1218095758.jpg

I apologize, just had to share the terribleness with others.

He has a persona to keep up here.

I planned on seeing Shuttle Island at noon fifteen today, but the "snow" is throwing a wrench in those plans.

If I was riding the white pony at 11 AM, we'd have a real problem on our hands.

And I'm actually going to see the damn thing anyway. Fuck this wintery mix.

They should have just called it "Critically-acclaimed movies for Texans", I suppose.

They've put "Critically-acclaimed Action & Adventure from the 1960s" on mine. Movies in the '60's featured more muskets.

It really says something about the type of company I keep that I just texted 2 of my friends about Dead Snow being available to stream on Netflix, and we're all psyched. Apparently Nazi movies or Zombie movies aren't enough for us, we have to have both at once.

At least you can say it's foreign. Adds a bit of class/pretension to whatever you're watching.

I think it says something about the company I keep that my friend's quotes section on Facebook is entirely composed of references to Grind.

It really says something about the type of company I keep that I just texted 2 of my friends about Dead Snow being available to stream on Netflix, and we're all psyched. Apparently Nazi movies or Zombie movies aren't enough for us, we have to have both at once.

I was psyched to see that until my horror fanatic friend told me it was pretty lame, then it kind of faded from my queue. Oh well, hope you enjoy it.

At least you can say it's foreign. Adds a bit of class/pretension to whatever you're watching.

I think it says something about the company I keep that my friend's quotes section on Facebook is entirely composed of references to Grind.

Come to PENN STATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom