You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the almost psychedelic vocals "You don't know how beautiful you are".. almost like Cream on "Strange Brew" but with Bono's solo vocal flying all over it, and it's rockier and more layered and so many other things happening.

My take on submarine/gasoline: man needs woman, simple as that :reject:

Okay, now you're just being ridiculous. Admit it. Unless you're under the age of 24, that's not even true.

That's my opinion

I don't give a F**K about what you think, mate

Usually I'm not that rude but I don't like people which can't respect other peoples' opinion. :down::down:

One difference between BD and Vertigo and this is that the former were the lead tracks on the albums. GOYB is Track #6 on NLOTH.

That's my opinion

I don't give a F**K about what you think, mate

Usually I'm not that rude but I don't like people which can't respect other peoples' opinion. :down::down:

actually, it's your opinion "mate". You've said before you liked JT, and the singles from that were "With or Without You", "Still haven't", and "Streets". Just tell me: you think this is better than any of those? And better than "One"?

for fans looking for "classic" U2, they will be disappointed, VERY....but on a personal note, not their best by any means, but still better than any thing else on the radio these days...would not have been my choice for the first single, too much like Vertigo/Fast Cars...that was my thought when I heard the beach clips too. I say it will be good enough to get me by until the whole album comes out.

Having listened to it umpteen times I'm still unsure as to what I think about it. I find myself singing along to the "Sexy boots" part, I've been humming the riff all day and yet I just don't know if it's what I wanted from U2 at this stage. The riff is simplistic and vertigo-esque, and it repeats all the way through the song, it isn't subtle, it's supposed to grab your attention which in theory makes the song mainstream and populist. Yet the song isn't, it's relatively complex and there's a fair amount going on, it's different yet similiar, mainstream yet experimental. It could fit on POP, but could also fit on HTDAAB. Overall, I'm just completely confused by it :hmm:

actually, it's your opinion "mate". You've said before you liked JT, and the singles from that were "With or Without You", "Still haven't", and "Streets". Just tell me: you think this is better than any of those? And better than "One"?

And, BTW, I'm 32 so I grew up with JT and still skip over Steets and Still Haven't sometimes because they're just not my favorites anymore. Like U2, my musical tastes have changed! Embrace the new direction, man.

Those songs actually can't be compared. Do you compare HMTMKMKM with One??? That's kinda weird. But I do enjoy listen to this a lot more than WOWY or I Still Haven't...of course, depends on the mood.

I honestly don't know what to say about the song. I don't either love it or hate it... which can be a good thing. I guess I have to hear it in the context of the full album. :hmm:

The only song I've listened to in the past two hours...

sexaay booots...

sound sound...lets me hear the sound...god here it comes, yer yer, let me hear it bono! sing it! let me hear the sound. bam. sound sound... bam! nah nah nah nah...get on your booots!

have to say I'm with you......... :rockon:

I have to say though, I like it, its sooooo different yet familar and simple yet complicated type thing, as someone put just before. :up:

Lets please refrain from personally attacking each other. Everyone has a different taste and musical opinion, lets try to respect that. Not everyone will like the song as much as others, and that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

14. young, vibrant, ready to rock. the perfect audience for this song. A universal song.

how old are you?

Well, you're whining like a grumpy 80 year old. Case closed. *cracks knuckles* :wave:

Doesn't even warrant a response, really. I'll just say this- being 14, dig in to as much of the old U2 stuff, and their influences, as you can. A whole new world will open up. You've already started well (you're in the right forum!), but give a listen to Joy Division, Berlin Bowie, Smiths, The Jam, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, The Clash, The Ramones, Depeche Mode, 1964-1971 Rolling Stones, 1970-1983 Bruce Springsteen, and Van Morrison. And that's not even breaking a sweat...

shit, this song blows vertigo, ABOY and pretty much every other "rocker" they've done in the past 15 years out of the fucking water! :rockon:

i really cant WAIT to hear Stand Up Comedy now! :hyper:

Those songs actually can't be compared. Do you compare HMTMKMKM with One??? That's kinda weird. But I do enjoy listen to this a lot more than WOWY or I Still Haven't...of course, depends on the mood.

As you say, apples and oranges- I was just saying that calling it the best single ever means you throw it in with all their other singles. Understand- I love the song, very much. But compared to a few of the other singles, it pales- just one man's opinion.

Last thing I want on the forum is a sparring match- you've got great taste, dude! I know this!

Lets please refrain from personally attacking each other. Everyone has a different taste and musical opinion, lets try to respect that. Not everyone will like the song as much as others, and that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I like how Mods are like a quiet watcher, they don't really post and then when things start getting out of control, they just appear out of nowhere and straighten things out.

Mods are like cops, they just come from the ground almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom