Vancouver #1 setlist party (part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just heard BB King died. Don't think u2 were aware of this. Maybe a tribute to him tomorrow night. :down:

Apart from Streets, does anyone really care for their staple songs anymore? Pride, WOWY, BD, Bad, COBL, ISHF, One and MW just seem a bit meh to me these days.

If it wasn't for those staple songs U2 would have retired 15 years ago.

Here I am a 62 year old man....people look at me kinda weird ya know what hes trying to do....youre 62....yeah im 62.....

Close to 30 years have went by fast BB RIP King of Blues.

1The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
2 Out Of Control + Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (fragment)
3Vertigo + God Save The Queen (fragment)
4I Will Follow
5Iris (Hold Me Close)
6Cedarwood Road
7Song For Someone
8Sunday Bloody Sunday
9Raised By Wolves
10Until The End Of The World
Intermission
11Invisible
12Even Better Than The Real Thing
13Mysterious Ways
14Desire
15The Sweetest Thing
16Every Breaking Wave
17Bullet the Blue Sky
18The Hands That Built America
19 Pride
20 TROUBLES
21 With or Without you
ENCORE
22 City of Blinding lights
23 Beautiful Day - Simon and Garfunkel's "Mother And Child Reunion" snippet
24 STREETS !!!
25 Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For

Here I am a 62 year old man....people look at me kinda weird ya know what hes trying to do....youre 62....yeah im 62.....

Close to 30 years have went by fast BB RIP King of Blues.

I just turned 69, Yahweh, and I'm hoping they come back to the U.S. in 2016 so I can go to a show - I'll be in Ireland during all of their Chicago shows. Talk about irony!

Yes, R.I.P., B. B. King, and thanks for the music.

Im actually only 37 I am just quoting Rattle and Hum the movie from memory....not exacty quote but still 30 years have went by fast.

Edge fell off the stage. Anyone hear if he's ok? Bono did it on the first night of Elevation in Miami so maybe it's a good sign ; )

Looks like a pretty balanced set, IMO. Curious about tonight, guess MD will finally be played, Bono has recently talked about it in an interview. Not surprised about One being left out after all the rehearsal reports, but still a bit sad about it, guess Bono's injury and inability to play guitar changed the program for the show a bit. I hope all the SOI songs will make their debut once the show moves on. And I'm sure most people in the audience are happy to hear some U2 classics.

Everyone who's being overly negative sitting comfortable behind their computer keyboards or phones should just go out and get a life. Stop spoiling the fun and excitement for others. I'm personally excited about the way the tour will evolve. And cannot wait to see videos of the visuals.

BB King has passed. Expect some Lovetown medley or whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Looks like a pretty balanced set, IMO. Curious about tonight, guess MD will finally be played, Bono has recently talked about it in an interview. Not surprised about One being left out after all the rehearsal reports, but still a bit sad about it, guess Bono's injury and inability to play guitar changed the program for the show a bit. I hope all the SOI songs will make their debut once the show moves on. And I'm sure most people in the audience are happy to hear some U2 classics.

Everyone who's being overly negative sitting comfortable behind their computer keyboards or phones should just go out and get a life. Stop spoiling the fun and excitement for others. I'm personally excited about the way the tour will evolve. And cannot wait to see videos of the visuals.

You could have watched it on periscope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhMODSmna-Y

1st YouTube video of the tour? Iris & Cedarwood Road.

I caught the trio of songs off of the iHeart radio broadcast & caught SBS/RBW/UTEOTW on Sil McGee or whatever. LOL. Missed quite a bit, but got Derek's link in time for Pride onward. The opening sounds amazing & Iris sounds much better than I anticipated. I didn't think they'd do that one right off the bat. I'm dying to hear Bullet The Blue Sky's new incarnation & rant. The encore seems off. I get ending it with I Still Haven't Found, but it seems so odd. However, I'm still optimistic about night 2 and I can't wait to see how this tour plays out, especially for the multiple night runs. Edit: Anyone have a quick list of what didn't get played tonight? I'm guessing that something like Sweetest Thing will be a one night per city tune.

Another video up of Bono's speech in Pride. I guess we'll have to be patient to get the really awesome stuff.

I wonder what songs they're holding off on until next year's proposed stadium tour. They need to keep some unplayed to sell tix.

Anyone else think the show should open with the band in the screen doing Invisible and Even Better? I like Miracle as an opener but that was such a brilliant part of the show.. Regardless, there def. needs to be a little setlist tweaking in the second half, The Troubles is brilliant but too mellow for it's spot and too soon after EBW and before With Or Without You. 3 of the last 5 songs of the main set are ballads..that needs to change. Speaking of EBW, that needs to be moved to somewhere else in the set where Bono has had a chance to rest his voice beforehand, be it an encore or closing the show. He was straining during sweetest thing and it hurt his performance of EBW.

Back
Top Bottom