Vancouver #1 setlist party (part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could someone tell me how often they used the catwalk and second stage? I've seen a few videos but it's hard to tell. There's times when the video taker lost track of Bono completely so I can only assume he was some ways down the catwalk then.

Just wondering if the best GA spot still remains as close to the main stage as possible or are you better off somewhere in the middle if the band is constantly on the move.

In all honesty it seemed to me the best spot in GA would be the corner where the catwalk meets the e stage. the band spent a lot of time on the e stage and for much of the show not a lot was happening on the main stage. The catwalk was used constantly by all members including Larry.

Could someone tell me how often they used the catwalk and second stage? I've seen a few videos but it's hard to tell. There's times when the video taker lost track of Bono completely so I can only assume he was some ways down the catwalk then.

Just wondering if the best GA spot still remains as close to the main stage as possible or are you better off somewhere in the middle if the band is constantly on the move.

This basically tells you everything, pretty self explanatory. anything not labeled square is off the main stage.

10171136_10204072719162038_3140497387611923127_n.jpg

Whoa, The Troubles sounds fantastic. Bono's vocals and Edge's solo are really great.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think the static first set, rotating second set is awesome. I think Invisible and the encore are locks but the middle of set two is wide open

I sense some rotation in that first set. The second set has quite a few "locks" in it as well.

Your rotation is likely one/two in the first set (swapping SoI songs perhaps) and then songs like Sweetest Thing or Desire will rotate in the second half. There are a lot of songs that can pair with Even Better and MW to really give that set a huge variety. I also think that as we move along, Troubles may become a rotater.

EBW is stunning but really needs to be closer material. That song could easily become the new MoS around here.

Encore:
Streets
ISHF
EBW

Bam. Done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

For those saying the set wont rotate....do you REALLY think they can't print multiple lists with staging instructions? :doh:

............what?

I don't think anyone's ever claimed that they can't rotate the set list because they couldn't print out multiple sets of instructions.

Just going by opening night, Iris is the most beautiful song live from the new album for me. It's gorgeous.

I really wish we could hear a full band Every Breaking Wave, although I know people enjoy the acoustic version.

I love the Mofo snippet leading into Iris.

Wait, shit, I agree with LU.

FUCK THIS STUPID BAND AND THEIR STUPID SNIPPETS OF STUPID SONGS LEADING INTO STUPIDER SONGS.

There we go, all is right with the universe.

How about this opening....
Joey Ramone-OOC-Vertigo-Mofo-IWF-Iris-Cedarwood

Throwing in mofo between Vertigo and IWF would be unreal. Hey who knows........

That entire opening feels soft to me, a lot of rotation can and should be done. Lots of upbeat cuts, possibly from Boy. Drop Vertigo some nights, add it in for others. Keep a little section for songs about Iris, that would be very cool.

And dump acoustic SBS for NYD. The piano transition into RBW would be great.

If they didn't play One last night, that means that they could rotate most of the warhorses...especially Pride or SBS. Will be interesting to see what they have planned for tonight.

And dump acoustic SBS for NYD. The piano transition into RBW would be great.

Acoustic SBS is good. I agree that it needs to be a rotator, especially if NYD is played. I've been to 4 shows and not once have I seen NYD. I would like to see it just once. :up:

Acoustic SBS night 1, NYD night 2. Sounds good to me! :rockon:

I'd do it the other way around...RBW with the piano outtro into NYD.

Yup, better.

Now that you mention it, the last piano note of RBW could easily lead into the opening piano riff of NYD. NYD starts a fifth down, so Edge could easily play the last note of RBW as an open chord with the fifth down and then continue along with Adam with the opening riff to NYD.

That would be pretty sweet, actually. :up:

Now that you mention it, the last piano note of RBW could easily lead into the opening piano riff of NYD. NYD starts a fifth down, so Edge could easily play the last note of RBW as an open chord with the fifth down and then continue along with Adam with the opening riff to NYD.

Yeah. This is genius. :rockon:

I think NYD either before or after RBW...either way it works.

But if you do it before, the SBS part that leads in is "Can't believe the news....." and could be replaced by a refrain of the start of NYD.

So it would get to the last chorus, and then go back to "All is quiet....all is quiet..." etc. until you get to the RBW intro.

It made sense in my head anyway.

NYD by itself was for sure the highlight of the only show I got to attend.
Maybe its effect on me also had to do with them performing under really heavy rain - Edge slamming the keys while droplets fly left and right is still a vivid memory :sad:

Back
Top Bottom