U2ube Links Thread #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I opened mine with RealPlayer (my computer chose it by default)

The same thing happens to me with .avi files - I can't open them :angry:

LOL Bjork presenting to U2, I forgot about that, think I still have the tape somewhere of the entire show, and thought Bjork was fantastic, the style she had was just great, but I love Bono's face when he holds her in a hug, he has a proud 'I think you are great' look about him.. :cute:

^ Pardon my ignorance but what is Bono singing? Is that from the CD of Pirate Songs that came out awhile back? Is it "A Dying Sailor to his Shipmates"? (I own that but have never really listened to it)

as a dutchie I should know this;)

Its a Bowie song , but as far as I know , edit : It was written by a frenchman,Jacques Brel, Bowie translated it to English.
Its port of Amsterdam , but Bono changed it to Rotteram because of obvious reasons. :giggle:
Very cool he did it for Herman !

as a dutchie I should know this;)

Its a Bowie song , but as far as I know , edit : It was written by a frenchman,Jacques Brel, Bowie translated it to English.
Its port of Amsterdam , but Bono changed it to Rotteram because of obvious reasons. :giggle:
Very cool he did it for Herman !

:grumpy:
Once and for all, Jacques Brel is NOT a Frenchman, he was Belgian !! And Le port d'Amsterdam is his song.
You're not the first to make that mistake... :shame: Bono even snippeted Ne me quitte pas in a preshow in ..Paris :tsk:

Edit: no hard feelings though :wink:

And if you had hard feelings I couldn't care about it anyway. :shrug:

French , Walonians, all the same for me.

And if you had hard feelings I couldn't care about it anyway. :shrug:

French , Walonians, all the same for me.

wowza, didn't see that coming.. :crack: hard week eh??

French and Wallonians are just as different as Flemish and Dutch FYI.

And eventhough Brel spoke French, he was of Flemish descent (even had songs in Flemish)

But.. why do I bother... you don't care anyway do you...

You are seeing that as cranky ? It wasn't supposed to come over like that.
No hate.

I don't agree that Flemisch and Dutch people are very different.
I love the Flemish I know.
I was referring to the language they speak more than anything for that matter.
Its the same.

Sorry I didn't do a background check on the guy because I don't really care for him like you do... jeesh!
It was about the song anyway!:huh:

:giggle::cute:
Edge and Larry are adorable answering the shower question ... *shiver*

You are seeing that as cranky ? It wasn't supposed to come over like that.
No hate.

I don't agree that Flemisch and Dutch people are very different.
I love the Flemish I know.
I was referring to the language they speak more than anything for that matter.
Its the same.

Sorry I didn't do a background check on the guy because I don't really care for him like you do... jeesh!
It was about the song anyway!:huh:

I am not into Brel either you know, but I just want people to know that he is indeed Belgian and not French, even if the language is (mostly) the same..

You would correct anyone here who would claim Anton Corbijn to be Flemish wouldn't you??
Your comment came acros pretty harsh I admit, but I'm glad you set it straight ;)
Life is too short to bicker :)

Holy shit.... :drool: Edge.... Artists dream!

That's the first time He's customised his guitar like that snake on the strat during ZooTV right?! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom