U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little late to the tour but even with the 360 stage, does the band move around as much as the last 2 tours?

I've heard that they don't & basically just stay on stage & facing front - just trying to substantiate.

A little late to the tour but even with the 360 stage, does the band move around as much as the last 2 tours?

I've heard that they don't & basically just stay on stage & facing front - just trying to substantiate.

They move around WAY more than last tour. Especially Adam and Edge!

I was at Giants Stadium show 2 (should have been 1) and they moved around a good amount, especially Adam and Larry). I wont ruin any surprises for you but needless to say, Larry moves around 100% more than ever, which is not a huge amount but he is moving.

They added the Landover specific shirt and poster, now all they need to do is add that jacket. :angry:

Just wanted to post what a totally amazing job U2 did in Tampa, the only Florida, US show.

I met a girl from Nice. She had a U2 beret that was totally rocking. To be honest, she wasn't in any mood for my goofiness (typical American), but she really was sensational looking. I dig French gals. So cool.

As for the band: My fellow U2 freaks, it was bloody hot out there, like a jungle sauna. Bons even commented on the nastiness, but he seemed to like it. Can you imagine? Northern lads trying to rock out in the southern climes where the air is like a wet towel? They say it's good for a singer's voice though. And my oh my, Bono sounded like a million dollars tonight. The band was in superb form. They always rip out Tampa. Been playing here since the Boy days.

I was utterly jazzed to get a NLotH. My fuck, I love that song. I thought they'd dropped it! Plus we got an MLK and an array of other gems. I must say, the band tore it up in the summer night (even though it's October).

A superb show, although my friends and many random people I rapped with wanted them to play for much longer. Well, it is U2 after all.

Bravo, guys. Thank you for a WONDERFUL hometown show.

I really love this new album. And if you combine the new songs, plus the classics with this Lovecraftian Octo-Stage, it really is the best show of 2009. I was fucking gobsmacked throughout. I'm real proud of the band. Been a fan since 84. Way to think big, boyos. It's symbolic for life you know? "Act boldly, and bold forces will ally themselves with you." That's U2.:applaud:

I really like how the guys are performing on this tour, but I've wondered something the entire tour: Why doesn't Bono want to hit the "It's all I can do" in the higher pitch (talking about Streets here if you didn't get it :D). Obviously it's because it's a high note but isn't the "burning down love" part equally as high? He hits that one beautifully every time from what I've heard.

I am sorry if I am posting in wrong place...have been avoiding the site until I saw the show in ATL...didn't want to know anything about the show until I was there! :)
can someone tell me where the attendance numbers are being posted?? thank you!

I've been avoiding this site too.. don't want too many spoilers but getting antsy to find out about RZ...

Good to hear about Bono's voice and the music. I miss me boys!

This may be old news but there was an article today in a local Irish newspaper were Larry said he wants to finish up the tour in Ireland in September (guess that's a miss-print, October most likely), He also said he wants the band to play Belfast,

Perhaps this news was already know, pretty cool news, maybe U2 will tour all over Ireland for a change, Limerick has already been rumored!

There is also speculation that hotels have been booked for the crew for the Irish dates, I guess the news will be official any day now!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Hello,

I apologize if this has been posted already but I'm going to the Vegas show and wondering if cameras are allowed or are people just hiding them once they enter the show?

Thank you.

Hello,

I apologize if this has been posted already but I'm going to the Vegas show and wondering if cameras are allowed or are people just hiding them once they enter the show?

Thank you.
The band allows non-professional cameras.

The stadiums usually have the same policies, perhaps with some slight modifications, depending on which stadium it is.

Can someone with a new presale code help me out? Last year's codes started 2UA if you were Horizon, 2UB if you were Breathe, etc right?

My "new" code starts 2U2A... and the lady on the phone says it's a new one and it'll work.

Can anyone tell me if your new code starts with similar digits?

eta: someone else answered elsewhere - nevermind

For next year, I'd like to try winning tickets through the Red auction. I know some of you have won before, and I was curious about the approximate price that was paid... I'm wondering how many months will I have to eat noodles in order to afford those tickets (but it'd be worth it!! lol).

For next year, I'd like to try winning tickets through the Red auction. I know some of you have won before, and I was curious about the approximate price that was paid... I'm wondering how many months will I have to eat noodles in order to afford those tickets (but it'd be worth it!! lol).

it depends on where you want to see them

i can see east lansing being closest to the minimum

everywhere else, it could get pricey

-dan

it depends on where you want to see them

i can see east lansing being closest to the minimum

everywhere else, it could get pricey

-dan

Hey Dan, thanks for answering... I was thinking about Philadelphia:applaud:

So, I have to pay U2.com more money for a new presale code even though my membership doesn't expire for another 5 months?!?!

There's a whole thread on Red Zone seats here, including tips on bidding.

So, I have to pay U2.com more money for a new presale code even though my membership doesn't expire for another 5 months?!?!

I used them both completely, and now there are two new codes there (WHICH I CAN USE AGAIN!!) isn't that strange? So I got value for my money now :hmm:
Might plan another trip down the USA.

Presale codes don't seem that important when you can get free ones... i again got the "access" email from NY... not to mention, it was pretty easy to get tix last time around... a few days before show, there was drops....

We all panic way too quickly.

^ yes, you can almost always get tickets for a show. GA's? That's another story. Not always easy to get GA's, especially for a show that's 'in demand'.

And of course we panic - we're Blue Crackers - it's what we do: overreact, bitch and panic!:D

I used them both completely, and now there are two new codes there (WHICH I CAN USE AGAIN!!) isn't that strange? So I got value for my money now :hmm:
Might plan another trip down the USA.

I had the same thing happen... last week the code was in red with a line through it saying it had been used. today i logged in and there is another code below mine, in green ... and i have not renewed for another year.. i have been a member since '05 though so i wonder if that makes a difference? I will try and use it tomorrow for the presale

I had the same thing happen... last week the code was in red with a line through it saying it had been used. today i logged in and there is another code below mine, in green ... and i have not renewed for another year.. i have been a member since '05 though so i wonder if that makes a difference? I will try and use it tomorrow for the presale

UPDATE: I just used the code for NY show and it worked :up: so perhaps if you are a long term member you get a second code...:applaud:

go back and check your U2.com tour page...

They are sooooooo messed up -I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a clerical error. Wild's been a paying member since the 80's and they 'deactivated' her code and told her they ran out. wtf?

Back
Top Bottom