Trump Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my good friends have said they just ignore it all. Assume things will be fine but more about trying to keep their sanity. Every day it's something stupider than the last.

I don't know how they do it. You can't go anywhere without him dominating any story.

Seattle's May Day protests went pretty smoothly yesterday, as opposed to previous years. Looks like Olympia and Portland got the rowdies.

Apparently at one point, a pro-Trump and anti-Trump group avoided escalation of their confrontation by sharing a joint.

Seattle. :heart:

Portland doesn't surprise me. Whole city looks homeless or anarchist ;)

What a shit show this is becoming. Trump tops himself every single day on stupidity! Just when you think he can't possibly top himself anymore, the next day he does it again . I can't help but think that Bush must be loving all this, trump is making him look like a genious compared to this slow motion train wreck! What a joke. I haven't checked the news today but I am dying to see what moronic act he did today! What a sad time!

I did hear he said he wanted to break up the big banks which sent the market on a downward spiral this morning and someone, not sure who because I haven't had time to check it out, told the public to ignore trumps comments and not to sell or panic! Lol is there anything that this guy touches that doesn't turn to shit?? Sooo much winning, please make the winning stop!!

"We live in a profoundly stupid time." If one can embrace this fact, can one somehow transcend it by accepting the lunacy yet personally trying to rise above it in one's own station and circumstance?
Viktor Frankl seemed to think so. See "Man's Search for Meaning"--V. Frankl.

What a shit show this is becoming. Trump tops himself every single day on stupidity! Just when you think he can't possibly top himself anymore, the next day he does it again . I can't help but think that Bush must be loving all this, trump is making him look like a genious compared to this slow motion train wreck! What a joke. I haven't checked the news today but I am dying to see what moronic act he did today! What a sad time!
Oh totally. I never thought I'd come to appreciate Bush but I'd take him any day over this.

Oh totally. I never thought I'd come to appreciate Bush but I'd take him any day over this.

In fairness to Trump, 3,000 people haven't been murdered in a single morning in New York nor has he wholesale invaded a country for no reason or let New Orleans drown or called for a constitutional amendment to say "no gays allowed."

But then, it's only been 100 days.

In fairness to Trump, 3,000 people haven't been murdered in a single morning in New York nor has he wholesale invaded a country for no reason or let New Orleans drown or called for a constitutional amendment to say "no gays allowed."

Give it time! At this rate in four years from now trump will surely top all of these things! That's if he even makes it to four years.

or let New Orleans drown

On that note, I've been wondering-is he planning on making any visits anytime soon to the areas that have been hit hard by tornado outbreaks or nasty flooding recently? Does he even know that that's a thing presidents do?

Especially considering some of the places that have been hit are in middle America. Given all the talk we've heard about how much middle America apparently loved Trump and all that sort of thing, I would think he'd want to show his support for them during a hard time, no?

So yeah. It'll be interesting to see if and how he handles that.

Oh yeah and don't get me wrong. That was in no way an endorsement for Bush.

In fairness to Trump, hundreds of thousands of people aren't dead.

Then again, it's only been 100 days.

Though not a constitutional amendment, isn't he signing a 'religious liberty' order tomorrow?

https://politicalwire.com/2017/05/02/trump-will-sign-order-religious-liberty/

We'll see. Maybe Ivanka will use her powers of womanhood to talk him out of it again -- when she puts all that glamor and supposed intelligence to work and publicly, dramaticly the talks her father out of doing horrible, horrible things, it's good for her brand. More shoes sold in China.

She still Miss Complicit, tho.

Why does everyone grant Ivanka a free pass as sane? Why is she the shed of hope? She's not. She's her father's offspring. She wants similar things to him.

Why does everyone grant Ivanka a free pass as sane? Why is she the shed of hope? She's not. She's her father's offspring. She wants similar things to him.

Because unlike her father she can speak in sentences. She's also very good at speaking like a politician

And she's pretty. Imagine if Clinton looked like her!!!!

18275120_1827256377288181_864178033832641531_n.jpg

the thought is that ivanka and jared have always actually been life long liberals (as was her father, alas), and that this will somehow even things out and prevent the bannons of the world from getting their way - when in reality it only makes them a bunch of opportunistic weasels, much like daddy.

fuck both of 'em.

the thought is that ivanka and jared have always actually been life long liberals (as was her father, alas), and that this will somehow even things out and prevent the bannons of the world from getting their way - when in reality it only makes them a bunch of opportunistic weasels, much like daddy.

fuck both of 'em.

Seriously.

The only thing that may differentiate them from him is that they will live much longer and therefore have a greater dependence on their brand than he does. Therefore, they may be motivated financially in ways that he may not be (not that this is a good thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom