The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBrush said:

Oh I still think the mets win the series, Mets in 6, but I wanted a sweep because it looks like Detroit will......

This looks like it will be a great series

Unfortunately I agree the mets will probably win the series, but i'll still root my Cards on.

granted i cant put the blame all on randolph, since i guess any LA bullpen moves are moot since they've had so much time off. 112 pitches tonight is rough for a bullpen though especially when they have to do it all over again in less than 24 hours after flying to missouri.

carpenter pitched like shit, cardinals win
weaver spins a gem, cardinals lose

crazy game

StlElevation said:

carpenter pitched like shit, cardinals win
weaver spins a gem, cardinals lose

crazy game

throw in So hits a game winning HR off Wagner

crazy game indeed

full.getty-72145376mh100_nlcs_game_two_12_34_14_am.jpg

headache is lucky he got to go to such a great game :drool:

Last edited:
also never underestimate the power of the Imperial

for his career, batting .700 in the playoffs with RISP

Big ups to the Cards, despite the fact that I was rooting for the Mets. They took back the game after a horrible first inning or two and managed to bring a split back to St. Louis.

But still, go Mets. :drunk:

U2democrat said:
Can't wait to hear what Headache has to say...even though the Mets lost it must have been awesome to be there.

I wouldn't want to be his liver or his keyboard right now.

Crazy game. The Mets really blew an opportunity, with Carpenter not having his best stuff. A commanding 2-0 series lead and this would have been all but over.

But now, with three in St. Louis, it's anybody's series again.

Yea, I was a little ashamed of Mets fans for two things last night.

1- How you can boo Billy Wagner off the field is beyond me. Yea he let in three runs. Hes Human! Hes been godly since the Yankee meltdown though. He didnt lose the game, Mota did more damage. Wagner got creamed by a fastball (his best pitch) that everyone and their brother knew was coming with a full count and Pujols on deck. Mota threw a fastball (not his best pitch) after making Spezio look real bad on two changeups.

2-WHY ARE YOU LEAVING IN THE TOP OF THE NINTH!!!! sure it was 3 runs. But it is the playoffs. These tickets are not cheap and the Mets dont make it everyyear. Those who left are not fans in my opinon.

------------------------------------

This being said, its been two really exciting games thus far and I wish I could watch tonight because I know its gonna be another good one.

GO METS!!!

we ALL should have known the so HR was coming.

don't you remember that cubs game and the homer off of farnsworth a few years back? :wink:

amazing game by suppan. cards just need to take one of these next two in st. louis and they'll be in great shape.

and as for the tigers- amazing entrance into the world series as well. though, finishing the alcs so early could hurt them. they wont play for a week.

Oliver Perez tomorrow, and then Glavine is 2-5 6.75 ERA in 7 postseason starts on short rest...

im starting to like their chances

then no matter what carpenter goes in game six on full rest and only can get better from what his previous start was.

StlElevation said:
amazing game by suppan. cards just need to take one of these next two in st. louis and they'll be in great shape.

and as for the tigers- amazing entrance into the world series as well. though, finishing the alcs so early could hurt them. they wont play for a week.

I think they'll gladly take the rust in exchange for a healthy Joel Zumaya.

Hewson said:
Though the Tiggers did win game 1, you might not want to just overlook Oakland.
In fact, I think this post just jinxed the Tigers.

so much for a jinx, there will be a parade in the motor city real shortly & it will be for the TIGERS win they sweep the series. neither the mets or cards will beat them, espec now since they have to play every day. Their pitchers will be worn out, while ours will be all rested & ready to go.
Pitching & defense wins games & nobody is doing it better than the TIGERS!

phanan said:
Nothing like a walk-off homer to propel your team into the World Series.

The Tigers are on a roll. I'm not sure anyone is going to beat them now.

Truer words have never been spoken :wink:

TIGERS TIGERS TIGERS TIGERS TIGERS TIGERS

Imarocker said:

so much for a jinx, there will be a parade in the motor city real shortly & it will be for the TIGERS win they sweep the series. neither the mets or cards will beat them, espec now since they have to play every day. Their pitchers will be worn out, while ours will be all rested & ready to go.
Pitching & defense wins games & nobody is doing it better than the TIGERS!

Cheers for the WILD CARD team! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom