The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iloveedge said:
Awsome!!

My mom wont let me order some new shirts. :grumpy: She says I don't deserve it. It's true, I don't. But, I wanna save lives!! :scream:

Maybe my sister could order them for me...:hmm:

Now that's a great post!

U2Girl416 said:
picture didn't come out great but this is my newest (RED) purchase this afternoon :D

newredshirt.jpg

and that's a great T shirt! :yes: :drool: :heart:

u2akira said:
Does anyone from Europe know where to buy the GAP products?
Online or in the shops?

I would love to know that, too.

I'm going to Italy next week. Does anyone know if there are any stores that sell (Red) Products there?

I would so love to have those shirts, but there's no Gap store here.

last unicorn said:

I would love to know that, too.

I'm going to Italy next week. Does anyone know if there are any stores that sell (Red) Products there?

I would so love to have those shirts, but there's no Gap store here.

Hi last unicorn, where are you going to head toward here in Italy?
I'm afraid you could find some products only in big city like Milan, Turin, Rome...and most likely by Armani's shops.
I suppose this 'cause in my city there's a small Armani's shop and I remember this summer I used to see a mannequin on their shop window wearing a pair of jeans, a shirt and if I'm not wrong a white sweatshirt. There were also some peaked caps.
Anyway, I never went into the shop so I really don't know if they still sell those products.

hi, onekea, and thanks!

I'm going to Milano, and I'll watch out for Armani. If the stuff isn't too expensive I might buy something. I would so love to have some of the Gap stuff but there simply aren't any Gap stores here. I wish there was a way to order these things online.

last unicorn said:
hi, onekea, and thanks!

I'm going to Milano, and I'll watch out for Armani. If the stuff isn't too expensive I might buy something. I would so love to have some of the Gap stuff but there simply aren't any Gap stores here. I wish there was a way to order these things online.

I think you could pretty find something by Emporio Armani's shop.
http://www.giorgioarmani.com/index_...F&htmlSession=../storefinder.jsp&audio=acceso

and maybe shopping on-line? I'm not sure if it's only for US.
http://www.emporioarmani.com/areas/lookArmani/red/tskay/3FD17CD7/gender/D/page/3721

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, onekea, I'll check that out.

It's frustrating that there is absolutely nothing (RED) here in Vienna, people don't even know about it.

I think (RED) and Edun should come to other countries as well, we need some of that stuff here!

Edit: Looks like Armani is only shipping within the United States. We have an Armani shop here, but there are no (Red) products available. I like some of the things I saw on this site, but the prices are :crazy:. I would buy the perfume it I was into perfumes, but I never use any. The shirts, however, are nice.

Last edited:
Went to the Gap Saturday--they had new (red) shirts & leather tote. But I wanted the canvas tote so ordered from Gap.Com. Just hope it's not too big-I want to use for carrying my junk to work--shoes, lunch, etc.

last unicorn said:
Thanks a lot, onekea, I'll check that out.

It's frustrating that there is absolutely nothing (RED) here in Vienna, people don't even know about it.

I think (RED) and Edun should come to other countries as well, we need some of that stuff here!

You know, those products doesn't work here 'cause they're too expensive and unfortunatley people don't care about their humanitarian target, which isn't advertised at all.
And regarding Edun, I wish it will also come here. I like their stuff.

I bought the mudcloth bags that Hallmark is offering last week. I bought all three of the patterns that they had. The bags are working great as lunch bags. With my interest in ethnic fabric dyeing, I'm so glad that they used mudcloth again. It's a beautiful and quite versatile fabric. The 1st time they used mudcloth were the Converse shoes that were expensive ($250!), too expensive for me. So I couldn't pass up buying the bags at $19.99.

U2Girl416 said:
the Mothe(red) shirt just came. my sister is about 6 months along. I can't wait to send it to her!! :hyper: the onesies I got for her baby shower gift also came...diape(red) and delive(red). they're so tiny :cute:

My sister-in-law loves hers. I have a four month old, soon to be born and four year old to buy for. Many many pink shirts for the four year old. She will only wear soft things and she loves the whole (red) collection. Plus jewelry. She requested sunglasses also but I'm not optimistic.

The clothing is so cute and the kiddies like to wear it.

Too bad there isn't a shirt for fathers. I bet he'll love his Ti(RED) shirt anyway.

U2Girl416 said:
^ the Gap I went to didn't have a lot of the wordy shirts but they did have the newer blue admi(red) one and this one. I said ooooh me likey.

That's the one hubby bought me last week! I likey too.

Love the holiday cards and will get them on next paycheck.

I already posted this in FYM, but the new bogolan bags under the (RED) line for Hallmark were produced in Mali. Some of the people really involved in the whole thing were volunteers I worked with while in Africa and in fact, the handcraft workers are also people I know and worked with in the Peace Corps. so yeah, I am really REALLY excited about this and I can't wait to get my hands on these bags.

That's so cool!!

lynnok said:
Has anyone see/bought/tried on the new trench?

2orangecats said:

I was wondering the same thing?! The trench
looks really cool online but not sure what the fabric/outside layer is actually like.
:shrug:

Sorry this is so late, so I know it's probably not of use to anymore but I did just finally see the Trench in the store again. The outer material is extremely stiff, and to me very uncomfortable. The fabric is very unfabric-like if that makes sense, and more like a tarp type of material... it's texture also has a very dull finish... (I guess that's what the resin coating is :shrug: ) so that I get the impression it will show any dirt, stains or marks easily. Again it definitely held no appeal to me when I saw it, even though this time I was hoping to give it a second chance and see if I could try and like it. :(
On the other hand I really liked the long military coat. The wool blend was soft, but since I'm short even the small looked too big on me... it has a boxy cut.

Stopped at Hallmark today and they have the (RED) ornaments in!!! Inspi(RED) is etched in, I wish they had painted that in white to make it show up better. But still very nice, got 1 for home and 1 for the office ;)

the ornament is really nice, I picked up 2 of them about a week and a half ago. I also picked up a few boxes of the holiday cards, which I discovered were not on the (RED) display. Randomly I found them in the aisle with the other boxed cards. maybe that's not really so random, but I kinda expected all the (RED) stuff to be grouped together.

lynnok said:

My sister-in-law loves hers. I have a four month old, soon to be born and four year old to buy for. Many many pink shirts for the four year old. She will only wear soft things and she loves the whole (red) collection. Plus jewelry. She requested sunglasses also but I'm not optimistic.

The clothing is so cute and the kiddies like to wear it.

Too bad there isn't a shirt for fathers. I bet he'll love his Ti(RED) shirt anyway.

my sister sent me a few pics of her wearing her mothe(red) shirt. She said it was really comfy and it worked out great because she was going to a Univ of Maryland football game and it coordinated with the team colors and also because it was rather warm that day and the shirt is so lightweight :wink:

I made a separate thread, but just in case, I'll post this here too:

Tomorrow (RED) co-founder Bono will sit down with NBC News' Brian Williams to talk about the first year of (RED) and the impact our partner companies and all (RED) shoppers have had on the lives of those living with AIDS in Africa.

Tune into the Today Show and NBC Nightly News on Friday, November 2 to catch the two-part interview. Please check your local listings for show times.

:hyper:

Some long winter coats available for the guys now :)

I called my Gap yesterday to ask about any possilbe vacancies.
The manager did't recognise my name, but when I said that I'm always buying Product (RED) he was like ''oh yah!!! how are you doing? what can I help you with?''

He told me they just got a new stash of (RED), and I said I would be in soon :drool: :drool:

While in NY i checked out the (RED) winter knitwear, and I saw the scarf Bobby Shriver was wearing the night of the Black Ball.. (he looked so cute) he wore a suit jacket a black sweater, black jeans the (RED) knit scarf (which by the way is very thick and cozy) and the African print (RED) converse, no doubt the sweater and the jeans were (RED) items too..
I got a few pics of him and when he arrived to the Ball I yelled for him and he turned and looked at me waving and waved back smiled and said Hello, (nice guy)

The scarf is really nice and there are matching mittens, socks, and knit cap..The scarf is $75.00 i was going to buy it since I was freezing in NY but bought a few (RED) t-shirts instead plus the braclets and a necklace which were on clearance..

Last edited:
I wonder what new companies with sport the (RED) banner next year.
According to what Bono said, they're big!

The scarf is really nice and there are matching mittens, socks, and knit cap..The scarf is $75.00 i was going to buy it since I was freezing in NY but bought a few (RED) t-shirts instead plus the braclets and a necklace which were on clearance.. [/B]

^^ I just saw another (striped) scarf online- the grey and red one. I love it and it is "only" 30 $. I hope I'll be able to go to Dublin next month to have a look at the GAP store! I really want to have that scarf!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom