The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute coat! I tried both silver bracelets on at the store, but didn't buy 'em. Think they were about $35 each. Wasn't overly impressed with them :shrug:

They were on sale half price :wink: And it matches what I have to wear to a big fancy shindig this weekend that I have to get all dressed up for (I hate getting dressed up :grumpy: ) so it's my way of getting a bit of fun Product RED in there. :D

One thing I have noticed with A LOT of Product RED, or at least at Gap, is that they don't always show sale prices on the tag. All the leather bracelets in the jar still had the $10 tags, but when one fell into my stuff and the cashier rang it up it was only $1.99. That has happened with other things I bought too... there were some scarves that said $30 and they were like $1.99 :ohmy:

Last edited:
:ohmy:

I saw the leather bracelets at the local Gap here, and they were all marked $1.99. I already have a red one, but rarely wear it. Kinda big and hard to adjust and such.

Yeah I agree... I wore my leather one the other day and it drove me nuts because no matter how many times I adjusted it smaller (and I have to adjust it so small the two knots meet in the middle and cover the red bead :huh: ) it would just slide back open and fall off my wrist. :(

I did get a different leather one last June. It is not adjustable and has 5 red beads, that one I wear a lot, but I don't see them around anymore now.

Oprah's favorite things show is coming up very soon. Here is to crossing fingers that she puts SOMETHING red on the show. The stuff will fly off the shelves this Christmas if it gets on.

bonocomet said:
Ok I went RED shopping at Gap last night and spent way too much... but hey what are credit cards for :shifty:

I completely take back what I said earlier about the womans military coat, I thought I had tried one on and it didn't fit right but I must have been trying the mens version before :reject: because I bought the womans one last nite and I LOVE it.

redgapmilitary.jpg

I'm 5'3 and the med fits perfect and it's VERY nice. They also had the baseball night shirt! (The lettering on the front is red fuzzy :cute: ) also another grey night shirt, and I got the silver leaf bracelet. My daughter got a different jacket that I don't see online, but it's very cute with a lace up back.

I love the coat! How much is it? I'm going to The GAP when I start my Christmas shopping sometime in next few weeks! I might have to pick up a little something for myself.:shifty:

U2isthebest said:

I love the coat! How much is it? I'm going to The GAP when I start my Christmas shopping sometime in next few weeks! I might have to pick up a little something for myself.:shifty:

The coat is $188 regular priced right now, but as all RED stuff does I'm sure it will get marked way down soon. That price is really a lot at least for me to spend on clothes, but I've found that I don't mind doing it once in a while with RED because of what it means. Plus it's just a bonus that I really love the clothes. :heart:

I just got the Hallmark Christmas Cards today. The personalized ones; here are my boys.

redcard.jpg

I really like they way they came out. Theres a little message I had printed along with our names.

Last edited:
Nice cards, Jc. And such handsome boys. The oldest looks like you.

JCOSTER said:
I just got the Hallmark Christmas Cards today. The personalized ones; here are my boys.

redcard.jpg

I really like they way they came out. Theres a little message I had printed along with our names.

JC,

how and where can I order those???

such a great pic of ur boys...! :cute:

JCOSTER said:
Go here:
http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/home|10001|10051|-1
then
click on the left list where it says photo cards.
click on Product RED.
Choose your card upload pictures and put your own sayings you can play around with it alot.

I also did a search on discount codes for Hallmark and got a few $ off. I ordered them on the 8th and they came today.

:bow: :hug:

Thanks a million sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia Roberts was on Oprah today and talked about some bracelets that her and her husband designed for RED. They were thick and chunky leather. They will be sold through Armani starting December 1st. Thought it was a good plug for RED.

From the (RED) website:

The latest news from (RED):

Giorgio Armani invited his friend Julia Roberts to collaborate with him on the design of this special EMPORIO ARMANI (PRODUCT) RED bracelet, which helps fight AIDS in Africa.

On December 1st, World AIDS Day, the bracelet will become available on emporioarmani.com. The men's bracelet retails for $195, and the women's version (pictured) will be $175. On December 10th, the bracelet will arrive at Emporio Armani boutiques worldwide.

=================================

And you can find out more here about this venture for (RED) by clicking on this link:

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200711/20071119/slide_20071119_350_115.jhtml

Julia also has been hard at work on a non-acting project. She and Danny have designed bracelets for Emporio Armani to benefit Bono's (RED)™ campaign—which fights HIV/AIDS in Africa. There are "boy" and "girl" bracelets, each decorated with a sketch of a tree by Danny and the words "Revolution, Evolution, Devotion," or RED.

The bracelets go on sale December 1, World AIDS Day, and will be available through the end of the year at www.emporioarmani.com. Forty percent of profits go to the (RED)™ global fund.

"Christmas is coming up," Julia hints.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a little too expensive for me but if you can afford it then GO FOR IT!

Forty percent of the purchase price does go to the Global Fund through (RED).

:bonodrum: :hi5:

$195 and $175 for those bracelets!? Wow. Just wow. My husband and I were trying to guess how much they were going to be sold for. We guessed $50 tops. Goes to show how little I shop at Armani. This is why I'm excited about the Hallmark partnership. Something most of us can actually afford.

RED cards and wrapping paper were picked today as one of Oprah's favorite things. As much as I despise that Oprah episode every year, that will be good-anything that is picked for that show is an instant best seller.

I wanted some perfume that was on Oprah's favorite things one year and my mom had to go to six different stores to find it. It flew off the shelves. The sales people she talked to were astonished. Glad I got my wrapping paper already!

Back
Top Bottom