The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kassandra said:
The red racerback dress arrived today :applaud:
It does fit me really well, but again I am small on top. Its very light and comfy. The sides are kind of different, the seam goes up from the bottom into a triangle. The triangle joins at the hip so its wider there. I am tall, the length is perfect - midlength.

thanks ylimeu2 & kassandra! it looks and sounds like such a beautiful dress. maybe the local gap store will have them so i can try it on. i'd really love one.

went to Gap in Leeds yesterday :D

they had way more Product (RED) than my Hull store :ohmy:
they had jeans, denim jackets, the army shirts, caps, the white shirt, and loads of plain and graphic tees.

so i got the grey DISCOVE(RED) tee, the blue Indigo polo, and the beaded African bracelet :hyper:

went to the women's section next, and for some strange reason there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more Product (RED) for women then there is for men :grumpy:

they had the dresses, bags, loads and loads and loads of tee, a rugged looking African wallet.

so my mum got the wallet, the hat, and 2 tees.

we went to Harvey Nichols to see about the ONE shirt.
and we asked the guy about them and he said he never seen them and asked who made them. I said EDUN and he was like ''.....Edun?'' :|

Harvey Nichols was sooo posh. i walked out the store with Giorgio Armani cologne :drool:

then went to Louis Vuitton and got something for Babydoll :sexywink:

Last edited:
ooh wt what does your mom's wallet look like? I've been trying to find a pic of mine online forever but can't find one. I wonder if they are the same... I know there's at least two or three different styles.
and yay for finding lots of good stuff!
oh and also what kind of hat did your mom get? My daughter got one that sort of looks like a denim baseball hat.

the wallet is thick and soft
i think it has some red lining on it and it has a removable coin purse.

and the hat is a denim baseball cap, but it sorta looks a bit like Bono's monstrosity :lol:

oh yep sounds like the same hat. I really liked it. But the wallet is different. Nothing removeable on mine. Cool! :)

Just to remind everybody here that there is a whole series of wonderful pictures of (RED) products to be found in this photo set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joinred

Check these pictures out because they are full of (RED) products being beautifully displayed.

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART :love: :hug:

gp479791-05av1v01.jpg

gp479791-09vliv01.jpg

gp479791-05p02v01.jpg

New jersey type tees :drool:

( :giggle: new jersey)

Jamila said:
Just to remind everybody here that there is a whole series of wonderful pictures of (RED) products to be found in this photo set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joinred

Check these pictures out because they are full of (RED) products being beautifully displayed.

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART :love: :hug:

How old is that Irish Independant magazine??? Is there anywhere I can get a copy?? I'd LOVE to read the articles!! :)

This was our little set up for the raffles today....During a mothers day plant sale the kids would put their names in the bags of the items they wanted to win for themselves or for mothers day!

raffle1.jpg

Here you can see all our items.
raffle3.jpg

raffle2.jpg

The kids were really excited about the whole thing and they remembered so much of what I spoke about to them in class.

Two stories on how "She Moves in Mysterious Ways."

1. This little boy who is in kindergarten special ed. class asked me for help in choosing something. I told him what all the items where and then said you can win something for yourself or for your mom. This little boy looks up at me with big blue eyes and says, "I don't have a mom, she's up in heaven." I felt so bad, I didn't know. I had him put his name in to win a scored necklace and leather bracelet so he can share with his dad or twin brother. I wanted to slide under the table. At the end of school we picked the names out of the bags and I pulled his name out of the bag! I know God had something to do with it. I can't even describe the feeling I had when I read his name.

2. Theres another kindergartner who actually lives in a house behind that is kind off run down. They don't have much money at all, they rent and the girl wears clothes that are way to small because thats all she can afford. She put her name in the bag to win a giraffe beanie baby (which a teacher donated quite a few).
I have felt bad for these people for so long and was even thinking of buying a bag full of clothes for the little girl and leaving it on their door step. I put my name in the bag for the giraffe and pulled out her name! When I handed it to her you would think I gave her a million $. I was so happy that she won.

It was such a great day spreading Africa around.

Mysterious Ways...:hmm:

JCOSTER said:
This was our little set up for the raffles today....During a mothers day plant sale the kids would put their names in the bags of the items they wanted to win for themselves or for mothers day!

raffle1.jpg

raffle3.jpg

raffle2.jpg

The kids were really excited about the whole thing and they remembered so much of what I spoke about to them in class.

1. This little boy who is in kindergarten special ed. class asked me for help in choosing something. I told him what all the items where and then said you can win something for yourself or for your mom. This little boy looks up at me with big blue eyes and says, "I don't have a mom, she's up in heaven." I felt so bad, I didn't know. I had him put his name in to win a scored necklace and leather bracelet so he can share with his dad or twin brother. I wanted to slide under the table. At the end of school we picked the names out of the bags and I pulled his name out of the bag! I know God had something to do with it. I can't even describe the feeling I had when I read his name.

2. Theres another kindergartner who actually lives in a house behind that is kind off run down. They don't have much money at all, they rent and the girl wears clothes that are way to small because thats all she can afford. She put her name in the bag to win a giraffe beanie baby (which a teacher donated quite a few).
I have felt bad for these people for so long and was even thinking of buying a bag full of clothes for the little girl and leaving it on their door step. I put my name in the bag for the giraffe and pulled out her name! When I handed it to her you would think I gave her a million $. I was so happy that she won.

You have such a big heart, my dear! :hug:

JCOSTER said:

raffle1.jpg

raffle3.jpg

raffle2.jpg

:bow: THAT IS SO AWESOME JC!!!:bow:

Has anyone seen this shirt in a Gap store yet in this dark color? I've only seen it in the light version.

dublin5-7-071.jpg

same shirt, other side

bono5-1-07FrontLineAwardforHumanRig.jpg

Last edited:
I am sorry but JC U ARE AWESOME!!! AND VERY ADMI(RED)!!! Especially by me..! :wink:

You go girl and keep up the good work!! :up: Bono would be so proud of you!!
You are truly INSPI(RED)!!:drool:

JCOSTER said:

raffle1.jpg

raffle3.jpg

raffle2.jpg

That is such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing JC! You have a good heart. :)

JC - :applaud: Those stories are so touching - brought a happy tear to my eye :hug: You can wear your Inspi(RED) shirt with much pride. :yes:

I like the blue shirt as well kelly. Haven't seen it anywhere, not that I'm out to buy it.

^ thanks to Maddys info on Invisible Children, we raffled one off. I was wearing mine today and the kids were interested on what an invisible child was. :up: for Maddy!

Back
Top Bottom