The Official 'Lonley AFL Season 2006' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shut up, you!! dont you get all tania on me and jinx them! besides, i think you've heard enough of my spitting vitriol of the saints :lol: i had to stop myself that night as i realised halfway through that you were from tasmania. :violin:

:angel:

Oh hardy-hardy-ha!!!!!!!!!!!! Technically I go for the Swans, being a Sydney-sider. :confused: The Saints-support is a birth right thing (elsdest grandchild MUST go for the Saints, my grandfather espoused when I was born) And even more technical, I was born and spent the first 10 years of my life in WA, so I guess I should be going for the WEagles.... :blahblah:

Whatever, am I going to get you to a game before season end? OR we must at least watch the preliminary finals on the tellie if they're in Melbourne. :yes:

so technically you're a fairweather fan? bandwagon jumper!!
*points and jabs screen*

ugh, enough teenesque net-talk. lets do a game. indeed. i cant believe that the stadium is only at half capacity even at this part of the season. the other week attendance was about half. weird. we'll have to make it a good game :D

i think i got 5 again. would have been 6 but we lost.
:grumpy:

shell, which weekend game did you want? i thought you said carlton, but it's an away game i think. i need to get my brain working. i'll get back to you. :lol:

Anna, Carlton is a HOME game, but I realised on the weekend it is also Father's Day (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!) and we are booked up to spend the day with Andrew's parents.... I am pretty miffed, as I would much rather be at the game. Sorry if this has thrown your plans askew. AM I EVER GONNA SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN????!! :giggle:

PS. I'm moody because the Swans AND the Saints went down this weekend :down:

See, we went to MAN-TOWN (Did I tell you we call Bondi-not quite Manly? :giggle: I'm not making sense, huh) on the weekend and caught up with friends who said they were flying DOWN to carlton's HOME GAME/OUR AWAY GAME. So I got confused! Or maybe it was when I hit my head back in Decemeber 2002 and passed out, but anyway.

What are we doing then? I don't have plans. You can't actually ruin anything with me :D I make plans when I finish waking up and drink a cup of tea.

Sorry about the Saints, matie. Maybe they can get day-release for their next match and might win or something.
:hug:

:kiss:

:shifty:

hawthorn over the kangaroos in tasmania in the most unimportant/ irrelevant game of the afl season

final score:

HAWTHORN: 2.4, 4.8, 5.11, 7.16 (58)
KANGAROOS: 4.2, 4.3, 4.8, 4.12 (36)

"It was a terrible game of footy all around. That is not a great advertisement for AFL football but unfortunately some games pan out that way." - Dean Laidley

other 'nothing' games for this season:

kangaroos def port adelaide rd 18
west coast def kangaroos rd 19
sydney def port adelaide rd 17
geelong def carlton - rd 14
geelong def pt adelaide rd 15
fremantle def carlton rd 17
brisbane def carlton rd 13
sydney def essendon rd 18
sydney def melbourne rd 19

games you probably didnt need to watch

but i think hawthorn v kangaroos is the cream of the nothing games this season

CrashedCarDriver said:
hawthorn over the kangaroos in tasmania in the most unimportant/ irrelevant game of the afl season

final score:

HAWTHORN: 2.4, 4.8, 5.11, 7.16 (58)
KANGAROOS: 4.2, 4.3, 4.8, 4.12 (36)

What a shocker from the 'Roos. I would have fallen asleep if I had have been watching. The Swans didn't play their best either and it was :yawn: at times, even being out there live, as I was.

But, WHAT ABOUT THOSE SAINT'ERS?!!!!!! Fras. might be a meathead (OK, "might" is a generous call) but boy can that man kick a goal, or ten!! I'm still tipping a Saints/Swans final.... :yes:

shika said:

But, WHAT ABOUT THOSE SAINT'ERS?!!!!!! Fras. might be a meathead (OK, "might" is a generous call) but boy can that man kick a goal, or ten!! I'm still tipping a Saints/Swans final.... :yes:

Meathead?? MEATHEAD? The man is a criminal! And that goddamn mullet! :scream:
God, why cant he just....he shits me so much, it hurts! Someone take him away!

And you! You....predicting a swans saints final! Are you mad????? Are you trying to make me upset on purpose?

This round was fucked. I cant refrain from the bad language anymore, sorry. I did try. I picked the Dockers game, but only I think 2 others. :happy: My worst round ever. Infact, this whole round sucked. I cant believe the Lions. What a dull game. We were playing poker during it, and I couldn't focus on either game.

Angela Harlem said:

:lmao: I watch him play and I just have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. It's amazing that a person can stand upright with the minimal brain cells he must have. Hervey is a :star: though :love:,:myhero: etc

And you! You....predicting a swans saints final! Are you mad????? Are you trying to make me upset on purpose?
Not really, but I get a :giggle: hearing/reading you getting all worked up about the possibility. Don't worry, the Saints are bound to choke in the Prelim's anyway... :sad:

Angela Harlem said:
This round was fucked.

While we're at it....SHIT i only got 4 this week...and the AFL site gives you a correct for tipping a draw.

And I Swear I tipped the Saints too, but oh well, 4 but technically a 3
:wink:

The AFL match review panel has thrown out Alan Didak's report for rough conduct on Carlton's Heath Scotland.

The panel ruled that Didak's contact on Scotland was accidental.

There had been widespread speculation that the Collingwood star would face at least a two-week suspension, which would have ruled him out of the start of the finals series, but he will now be available for Sunday's final round match against the Kangaroos at Telstra Dome.

The incident sparked an altercation between the two teams with Collingwood's Dane Swan and Ben Johnson and Carlton's Brendan Fevola all offered fines of $2400 by the panel on Monday for being involved in a melee.

However Fevola was cleared of the match day report of striking Swan after the panel ruled he merely grabbed him around the neck with an open hand.

But his Carlton teammate Jordan Bannister was offered a one-match suspension by the panel for striking Collingwood's Brodie Holland, also during the fiery aftermath from Didak's bump on Scotland.

In clearing Didak the panel said the Magpies' star goalsneak "had positioned himself to bump and had his arm and shoulder tucked in for contact" after Scotland has gained possession of the ball and Didak approached him from the side, but also slightly behind him.

The panel said Scotland attempted to avoid contact but "unfortunately contact was made to his head."

"Despite the high contact, Didak's action was viewed as a legitimate attempt to bump, therefore the contact to the head was considered accidental and the action was not considered to be a reportable offence," the panel concluded.

However Bannister was charged with a level four striking offence on Holland but can accept just a one-game ban because of his clean record over the past five years.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct, low impact, behind play and high contact - equating to 325 points and a three-match ban.

But with a 25 percent discount both for his clean record and for an early plea, Bannister can accept just 182.81 points and a one-match ban.

:D

shika said:
Angela Harlem said:

:lmao: I watch him play and I just have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. It's amazing that a person can stand upright with the minimal brain cells he must have. Hervey is a :star: though :love:,:myhero: etc

Not really, but I get a :giggle: hearing/reading you getting all worked up about the possibility. Don't worry, the Saints are bound to choke in the Prelim's anyway... :sad:
Angela Harlem said:

:madspit:

:D I'm worse in real life. I've temporarily banned myself from the SCG. :lol:

This year is looking like a replay of last season's end.
b_m, i got 4, too. I'm not sure what oztips does for draws, but 4 + draw is ok, I spose. I think you get 3 bonus points or something for tipping a draw. This is about the 3rd draw this season, I think.
:hmm:

Well, I can tell you all there is one very concerned little crows fan here - the injuries/illness hitting the club in the last couple of weeks is just terrible.:( 6 weeks ago I was booking the grand final weekend off work, now i'd just be happy to see a week go by without yet another brilliant player wiped out!!:sad: And, yes, what an awful tipping round - think I got 3!!

If you don't all know, I'm a Geelong supporter.

I'm going to be crying from now to when Cricket starts and I have something else to focus on.

Seriously though, how can a team perform a spirited fightback and fall short by a second, then capitualte to the third worst team in the competition? Actually I should correct that. Geelong are worse.

Cats fans, bleed with me...

Why are Geelong so bad?

Infact they won something like 7 of there last 11 matches or something....

Tipping ends with a nice round of 6, so I'm finished up on 116 for the year!

Finally I get to look forward to finals for the first time in two years!, even if its only for a week.

* Second Elimination Final - St Kilda v Melbourne, Friday September 8th 7.30pm (MCG)
* Second Qualifying Final - Adelaide v Fremantle, Saturday September 9th 2.30pm (AAMI Stadium)
* First Qualifying Final - West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans, Saturday September 9th 5.30pm (Subiaco)
* First Elimination Final - Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, Sunday September 10th 2.30pm (MCG)

7/8!!!!! fucking hawthorn! honestly! they're cursed. everytime i pick them to win, they bloody lose. so i didn't pick them this round and what do they do???? argh. but sydney.
:bow:

ahhhh.
:D

I actually was interviewed last night by a market research company (on behalf of the AFL) asking whether I thought the interstate teams "deserved" to host their own final. Hell, yeh!!!! BRING IT ON!!! Swans v Saints here in Sydney - dream come true, eh Anna???? :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom