The Official 'Lonley AFL Season 2006' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay here are my tips (you'll have to remind me to do this as I am pretty slack).

Brissy
Geelong
Swans
Wet Toast
Melbourne
Essendon
Freo
Kangaroos

dazzlingamy said:
hahahah you're just bringing a little bit of australia to the boards.

and thank you, good luck to you too! I forgot it started tonight and almost didn't submit my tips! hahaha

i copied my tips on here, and then apparently forgot to click submit on the tipping website so now all i have is that post. :scream: it defaulted to all the away teams, so now i dont have the st kilda win.
:angry:

bah. lol

Angela Harlem said:

i copied my tips on here, and then apparently forgot to click submit on the tipping website so now all i have is that post. :scream: it defaulted to all the away teams, so now i dont have the st kilda win.
:angry:

bah. lol

Ah thats a bugger!!

Anyone doing fantasy footy this year?, for some reason, my team is really not doing well this year.

Wow! A big three at this point. Maybe tipping on form rather than oooh! he looks nice, would have been a good idea :lol:

did you watch the roos special the other night tan? :love: it was supposed to be about the premiership year, but we all know it was for our mr roos. i never knew he could be so...bitchy? they dubbed some sound bytes of that dick from vic saying they wouldn't ever win a flag with this (that) brand of playing and he verbally flipped him the bird. so to speak, anyway. it was especially great to watch before our 'dangerous potential 3rd straight loss' :rolleyes: where do they get these fucking commentators? honestly.
:grumpy:

:der: im ranked 95 out of over 4000. and i got 5 this rounds. :confused: the site looks weird. but maybe it is how it usually looks when you forget your tips and default to away or home teams.
they haven't played 5 games yet have they? ugh. i give up. lol.

Angela Harlem said:
did you watch the roos special the other night tan? :love: it was supposed to be about the premiership year, but we all know it was for our mr roos. i never knew he could be so...bitchy? they dubbed some sound bytes of that dick from vic saying they wouldn't ever win a flag with this (that) brand of playing and he verbally flipped him the bird. so to speak, anyway. it was especially great to watch before our 'dangerous potential 3rd straight loss' :rolleyes: where do they get these fucking commentators? honestly.

Nah, I missed it. I saw an ad but forgot it was on. The commentators kept rabbiting on about the fall out between him and his old mentor.

I'm not that into football :reject:

Like the guinness ad, I just like to look :drool:

Angela Harlem said:
where do they get these fucking commentators? honestly.

Commentators these days suck

I hope Sandy Roberts comes back with Channel 7 next year...he would give you like a whole background on each player, while the match was going on. (eg: "Nathan Buckley just picked up the ball, 34 year old Son of Betty and George, gew up at 12 Smith Street, his hobbies included ect ect) :lol:

Terrible tipping week, and I knew I should have picked Bulldogs. Freo was a bit of suprise too...I got 4 giving me 13 for the year.

Go Pies! :dance:

bono_man2002 said:

I hope Sandy Roberts comes back with Channel 7 next year...he would give you like a whole background on each player, while the match was going on. (eg: "Nathan Buckley just picked up the ball, 34 year old Son of Betty and George, gew up at 12 Smith Street, his hobbies included ect ect) :lol:

:lmao:

the husband and i like making up stories about sandy roberts. it all started during commentary in the 2000 olympics iceskating with that belinda bird. we think they were having an affair. he was unhealthily fascinated in the skating if it weren't actually her.

Anyone else's tipping hard this week?

Last Week : 4 :(
Total : 13

Carlton VsHawthorn
Western Bulldogs Vs Geelong
Brisbane Vs Richmond
Fremantle Vs Adelaide
Kangaroos Vs West Coast
Sydney Vs Melbourne
Port Adelaide Vs St.Killda
Collingwood VS Essendon

Freo V Adelaide could go either way, Same with Port V saints, I think Bulldogs V Cats game was the hardest to pick this round.

ooh i reckon this week was easy! easier than the last week anyway.

Blues Hawks
Bulldogs Cats
Lions Tigers
Dockers Crows
Swans Demons
Kangaroos Eagles
Power Saints
Magpies Bombers

good luck everyone!

the oztips site defaults to put on your tips as either all away teams or all home teams if you forget to save your choices, which i did last round. it said i got the away teams and by away wins got 6 points off it :up: i should let the site pick my teams every week i think :lol:
sorry if i said this already and am repeating myself (as i tend to do)!

adelaide down fremantle in a dour and extremely dull game at subiaco

richmond totally beat up the once mighty brisbane lions, who i now will not be tipping - they are destined for the bottom four, which is sad because time has caught up with this team, and quickly

tips are not so great this round

i can sense a couple more upsets

namely a game at manuka tomorrow

essendon firing up to beat collingwood

melbourne v sydney could be a game to just totally stuff up everyone's tips

Go those Pies! :hyper:

I got 5 (18 for the year) this week, not bad, thank god Port and Collingwood got up, otherwise i'd have had a pretty lousy round.

Well well well...2 days, and next weekends action is almost here again....

Last Week : 5
Year Total : 18

Richmond Vs Carlton
Melbourne Vs Kangaroos
my big gamble for the week:
Adelaide Vs Western Bulldogs
Sydney Vs Geelong
West Coast Vs Brisbane
St.Killda Vs Fremantle (though Freo could get up I think)
Collingwood Vs Port Adelaide (Lets hope!)
Hawthorn Vs Essendon

Good luck all!

my respect for st kilda disappeared entirely last season during the semi game against Sydney where they showed themselves to entirely lack sportsmanship and ability to get by on skill alone. now today, we see much of the same. what in gods name is wrong with fraser gherig? i wish someone would break his bloody legs! he is revolting! i'm painfully one-eyed when it comes to teams i like and dislike, so excuse my lack of sportsmanship - but i also dont happen to be on the field. so i can bitch away. :D ugh. anyway. spite aside, i dont reckon that should have been a draw and certainly not a st kilda win. and i dont say this because i backed freo...
:shifty:

that game was a total farce

its going to get messy as well with freo expecting to take the result of the game to the courts if the afl does not reverse the situation

Angela Harlem said:
my respect for st kilda disappeared entirely last season during the semi game against Sydney where they showed themselves to entirely lack sportsmanship and ability to get by on skill alone. now today, we see much of the same. what in gods name is wrong with fraser gherig? i wish someone would break his bloody legs! he is revolting! i'm painfully one-eyed when it comes to teams i like and dislike, so excuse my lack of sportsmanship - but i also dont happen to be on the field. so i can bitch away. :D ugh. anyway. spite aside, i dont reckon that should have been a draw and certainly not a st kilda win. and i dont say this because i backed freo...
:shifty:

Your just saying this because you lurve me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom