The Official B&C Desert Island VI NSW Memorial Running Diary Thread for the Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my family lives in St. Louis Park (suburb of Minneapolis, as you're probably aware), but we're going to a cabin somewhere else further north... i do not remember where. in the middle of nowhere prolly. but it's fun! we went there last year.

good. plan.

GAF - Arctic Monkeys song was awesome and way too short. Joey Ramone song is fun - did he write it? :wink: I Can't Explain is a great song.

:up: Good deal!

:lol: Yeah, I'm feeling fine. :D

Other than my super bitchy roommate who's just mad that I can get A's and be high all the time, and she studies constantly and struggles to get B's being all pissy at me just now. :angry:

Totally harshing my mellow. :wink:

Other than my super bitchy roommate who's just mad that I can get A's and be high all the time, and she studies constantly and struggles to get B's being all pissy at me just now. :angry:

Totally harshing my mellow. :wink:

:lol: me too! well, actually I don't smoke that often during the school year, but I party a fair bit and still got two A's and two A+'s this semester. isn't it nice? :D

Bruce = not bad
Dylan = fuck yea

:lol: me too! well, actually I don't smoke that often during the school year, but I party a fair bit and still got two A's and two A+'s this semester. isn't it nice? :D

Bruce = not bad
Dylan = fuck yea

:shifty: I might smoke a few times a day...but, in my defense, I'm now legally permitted to have THC in my system cause I'm prescribed Marinol...:shifty: :lol: It's so nice though. :yes: I'm expecting all A's, maybe a B, and a pass in sign language. :wink:

Dylan :yes: great song GAF picked. :up: Grateful Dead, I usually hate, but that went alright. XTC was cool, I dig that song. :up: Wilco=meh. The Smiths are pretty cool.

:shifty: I might smoke a few times a day...but, in my defense, I'm now legally permitted to have THC in my system cause I'm prescribed Marinol...:shifty: :lol: It's so nice though. :yes: I'm expecting all A's, maybe a B, and a pass in sign language. :wink:

haha, nice. i was in this lab, and we tested these cannabinoids on rat uteruses, and I got paid to read a book about THC and shit. the end.

Grateful Dead was fine, and I'm really loving this XTC song. I need to look into them.

Oh man, and "Mothers of the Disappeared" to cap it off?!? Excellent closer to the first section. :drool:

haha, nice. i was in this lab, and we tested these cannabinoids on rat uteruses, and I got paid to read a book about THC and shit. the end.

Grateful Dead was fine, and I'm really loving this XTC song. I need to look into them.

:lol: They're interesting molecules, for sure. My doc finally let me give it a try, and lo and behold, I feel tons better! :rolleyes: And, he's all excited to see me feeling good, it was funny. Anyway...

Mothers of the Disappeared, again, so good. :drool:

I know I already mentioned this before listening to the list, but seriously, if it comes down to a close decision, GAF might get my vote just because of this Mendelssohn piece. :up:

Mothers of the Disappeared is a beautiful song. Not one of my favourites, but it worked really well after The Smiths. and there are very few U2 songs I don't love, honestly. I'm a blind sheep. that's why I post here :D

Prepare yourself for some mindfuckery over the next two songs. :wink:

"Planet Telex" :drool: Love me some Bends era Radiohead. :up:

Since that ends the first section I think I'm gonna stop there for the night actually...ace list so far, I liked every song :up:

:up: Night!

Flaming Lips! :drool: :drool: Fantastic song choice on that one too; it's one of my favorites from Clouds Taste Metallic.

Great second section, after that shock of Lily Allen, things meshed together a lot better, I thought. :up: I loved every song, pretty much, although the song by The Strokes got a little long at the end. But, really excellent list so far, I'm looking forward to finishing it up tomorrow! :D

Thanks! Glad you liked it! :D

Favourite song you've never heard before...?

I'd have to say the songs by Foxglove Hunt and Fine China, cuz I like that synth pop type music. Not surprisingly, I see that those groups are sort of connected.

I have a question for you though... do you burn these to cd to listen to at work, and if so is there a one-second gap between the songs generally? I only ask, because I would be able to understand the transition nitpicking if that was the case. On iTunes there's no gap so it feels like a live band where one guitar/piano/whatever is still feeding back when the next song starts with a bang by the rest of the musicians. That's kinda what I was going for with those two segues in particular. :shrug: Not a big deal, though, just interested!

I listen to everything on my iPod, uploaded through iTunes. Even when you select no gap, there is always going to be a split second between songs, so when a song is from an album that goes into another song, it is automatically going to get cut off when put in a playlist of different songs from different sources. It's just the way it is. Sometimes when it's a quick move to the next song, it doesn't sound as bad, but other times, due to the source the song is coming from, there may be an additional second space there. That's why I usually try to avoid songs that don't have clean beginnings or endings, because I think cohesion in a playlist is as important as the songs themselves. At times, I can find a song officially released in another capacity (single, EP, promo, part of a compilation) that has a clean fade out and use that instead (like on my current list, I used Far Away from the EP, not from the album, because on the LP it goes right into the next song).

I sort of rambled there. Hopefully that makes sense.

I'd have to say the songs by Foxglove Hunt and Fine China, cuz I like that synth pop type music. Not surprisingly, I see that those groups are sort of connected.

I listen to everything on my iPod, uploaded through iTunes. Even when you select no gap, there is always going to be a split second between songs, so when a song is from an album that goes into another song, it is automatically going to get cut off when put in a playlist of different songs from different sources. It's just the way it is. Sometimes when it's a quick move to the next song, it doesn't sound as bad, but other times, due to the source the song is coming from, there may be an additional second space there. That's why I usually try to avoid songs that don't have clean beginnings or endings, because I think cohesion in a playlist is as important as the songs themselves. At times, I can find a song officially released in another capacity (single, EP, promo, part of a compilation) that has a clean fade out and use that instead (like on my current list, I used Far Away from the EP, not from the album, because on the LP it goes right into the next song).

I sort of rambled there. Hopefully that makes sense.

No problem. It makes sense. It's just odd, I guess. Because when I burn the list to a cd, or when I listen on iTunes, or even my iPod, there's no gap whatsoever. :hmm: Oh well!

Hard to say. I'm too enamored by the fascinating storyline.

This is the fatal flaw of having both incredible flow and a concept: nobody notices.

So yeah, I get the point of all this, but I sincerely enjoyed the music for the first track. I'm impressed.

If you think that's great, wait until you get to my shoegaze/post-rock section.

I did indeed survive that second part a while ago. Then I had a meeting. Bastards at work don't realize when I'm in the middle of listening to something as important as this.

On to Iceland.

I did indeed survive that second part a while ago. Then I had a meeting. Bastards at work don't realize when I'm in the middle of listening to something as important as this.

On to Iceland.

Indeed. This is precisely what's wrong with America. Too much greed, not enough DI listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom