The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Way to make the wrong decision! :wink:

In those early years of following AFL I did have a bit of a soft spot for them, remember barracking for them in a few games in '03, when I was just a clueless little boy.

:wink:

Well, they did do well in... 01, was it? So around the time, it probably didn't seem quite so bad.

I daresay you made the right choice, though. Oh, and go the Bays. :)

Judd_fail_246b.jpg

Beams, Pendles and Rocca (why he was picked last week is beyond me, his VFL form wasn't as good as it was made out to be) all out.

I love this. The media don't think we can win....all going up in arms about why rocca. So long as we aren't coached like we were last week, we should get up. Otherwise if its a reply of our gameplan last week, we're gonna get crunched....again.

Go Lions tonight!

Crows/Pies game is 50/50 as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for it...

Guess I'll be going for the Dogs tonight, nothing against the Lions, just think the Dogs understandably deserve to get into the prelims at least. Plus I think the Lions probably spent all their worth last week. Still think it'll be a good game.

So!

Bulldogs versus Brisbane, 34 points
Collingwood versus Adelaide 16 points

I'm hoping the Lions pull off a win tonight (not a Dogs fan), but I don't think they've much of a shot really.

Bulldogs vs Brisbane: Lions will get within 20 only if they're lucky.
Collingwood vs Crows: I want the Crows to win, and I reckon this game will be close, but Collingwood will snare a late win. 5-10 point margin in the end.

Well, they did do well in... 01, was it? So around the time, it probably didn't seem quite so bad.

I daresay you made the right choice, though. Oh, and go the Bays. :)

:yes:

Well, the 2nd semi final is wrapped up. Bulldogs thumping the Lions by 51 points, although didn't find the game all that exciting to watch, probably because of the conditions.

Well, damn, what a crushing win by the Dogs there. Brisbane's play was rather mediocre, but in general ... well, I'm with Vlad in saying that game wasn't tremendously exciting to watch at all.

Timezones being what they are, I'll get to watch both games!

But with all this sport and U2 rehearsing, I've had precious little time today to do much else ... and I need to keep writing that thesis and shit.

A very occupied Axver still manages to do so many things.

5 hours till the Crows v. Party Pies coverage begins!

Well, at the moment I'm fart-arsing around on here when I should be doing uni work or at least making lunch!

Guessing we won't have live coverage of the AFL tonight here in Melbourne ... :sigh:

Whaaatttt!

You mean the Crows v. Pies game, right?

Though one thing I will guarantee is that the crowd will be pretty big, must be at least 70K, surely. Last night's game only registered a paltry 47K! :angry:

Of course we won't get it live, since it's being played here and isn't a sell-out.

Aw, may I keep you updated on the scores in the superthread? or use a spoiler, perhaps?

How about a twilight Grand Final? It's win-win.

One thing that amuses me is the fact that this 2009 AFL thread has had about twice as many posts as any previous AFL thread. Maybe it's me and my excessive passionate footy posting? :hmm:

nope. lose-lose. i'm pretty passionate about some football things; this is one of them. if the grand final is ever moved from 2:40pm saturday afternoon i'll be furious. there isn't a single legitimate reason why it should be changed.

probably

Okay, fair enough. It's at the bottom at my care pile for now as I'm gearing up for the first bounce of Crows v. Pies!

Oh, you don't know who you'll rather play. I thought for a second that you might've wanted to support C'wood in this.

29C in Melbourne!

What's wrong with a night final? I tend to prefer sport at night, truth be told.

AFL, I hope you're happy. Cheating Collingwood into a win, a disgrace the whole lot of you umpires. Possibly the worst umpiring decision in history, it was a certain mark to Otten.

What's wrong with a night final? I tend to prefer sport at night, truth be told.

Tradition. The Saturday arvo thing has worked so well for so long, sitting there watching the game, with friends, everyone's enthisiastic. Having a kick of the footy before and after the match and during half time.

It just works sooooo well, Grand Final Day with the match in the arvo, and the weather is so often a splendid and sunny 23 or something.

It really should be a public holiday of sorts, fuck the Melbourne Cup.

PS. Fuck of Collingwood.

Geelong Vs Footscray final please.

Back
Top Bottom