The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wirrapunda has been around since he was 16 i think...i remember he made headlines for being really young.

I will be very surprised if the Crows only beat Essendon by about 20(+). That could be a massacre.

Overall looks set for a great series though. Any of the top five could go all the way.

Oh, excuse my ignorance, I though Collingwood were certainties for the flag last week. I guess not anymore.

Should be a ripper of a finals series, but I think Adelaide are going to fucking annihilate and embarrass Essendon, especially with Lloyd and Ryder now out.

:yes: The Crows v. Bombers is almost a sellout, I heard that only 12,000 tickets remain and they should be snapped up when the general public (non members) get their chance tomorrow. :up:

In my opinion it would take a miracle for Essendon to take this out Lloyd and Ryder are pretty significant outs along with Lonergan. They do get McVeigh back though. One may ask where are Essendon's goals gonna come from, they can't rely on young Hurley, can they?

:love:

Gee there have been plenty of retirements/outgoings this year, Wirra :sad:, Robbo :sad: (maybe he'll start a music career?), Micky O :sad:, Leo Barry (you star ...) and the list goes on ...

Now for my tips!

Adelaide versus Essendon: Like I said earlier it would take a miracle for the Dons to win, on paper after a bare 10 wins against a flying Crows outfit. Margin - 46 points. Est. Crowd - 45K
Geelong versus Bulldogs: This makes for another thriller, the same teams playing each other twice in what? 3 weeks? A real nailbiter. Margin - 6 points. Est. Crowd - 83K
Brisbane versus Carlton: Shaping to be quite the shootout with Brown/Bradshaw at one end and Fevola at the other, this game will be won in the defence. Margin - 19 points. Est. Crowd - 36K (what's the full capacity of the Gabba?)
Saints versus Collingwood: Once again, another match to excite the masses. Will likely be close since the Saints are hitting a bit of a form slump. Margin - 10 points. Est. Crowd - 87K

Adelaide by 29 - 46,000
Geelong by 42 - 66,000
Bears by 6 - 32,000
The other match is too hideous a match-up for me to even bother with - 84,000

once again the afl continues to ignore the fans and highlight it's stupidity by not showing all these games live.

i'd give anything to go to a grand final, but unless you're a member or a suit who's never heard of the game you can't get a seat. ridiculous.

I think SA gets Cats v. Dogs and Lions v. Blues live?

But for the Crows Elim. final we get an 8:30pm timeslot. After one hour of freaking Better Homes and Gardens! What the hell is wrong with you ch7!? :angry:

If it was up to Channel Seven the match would be broadcast live. It's the AFL's problem. Because the Crows game is in your state, it's on delay also because they try to encourage people to go to the game. It's why Victorian games are never broadcast live here unless it's a sellout.

Demetriou's comments that 90k isn't 100k and they won't show the games live unless they get 100k is ridiculous. They won't get 100k to the grand final regardless (mind you they would if tickets were reasonably priced, were readily available and half weren't handed out to corporate wanks) but he's always right.

Well it's pretty much sold out, might as well change it to live. :shrug:

I'm so heartbroken. :sad:

Guess i'll just watch some Homes and Gardens then ...

:rockon:

Can't wait to hear what decorative stuff round the home is on the agenda!

Hasn't been the same since they got rid of John Jarratt and Scott McGregor and Beliiiiiinda with her posh Mt.Eliza accent.

If it was up to Channel Seven the match would be broadcast live. It's the AFL's problem. Because the Crows game is in your state, it's on delay also because they try to encourage people to go to the game. It's why Victorian games are never broadcast live here unless it's a sellout.

Demetriou's comments that 90k isn't 100k and they won't show the games live unless they get 100k is ridiculous. They won't get 100k to the grand final regardless (mind you they would if tickets were reasonably priced, were readily available and half weren't handed out to corporate wanks) but he's always right.

The AFL shits me to tears. Crows/Essendon game seems to be sold out anyway, and with so much attention being brought to the elimination final here right now, I really don't understand why they can't just show the game live. I doubt too many people are going to be terribly upset about missing what's probably a repeat of Better Homes and Gardens.

But shit, what do I know, I'm just a fan of the game.

By the way, anyone know if the Adelaide and Brisbane logos here are real? The Adelaide one is fucking awful! Just today I realised how long they've had the flying crow logo, but surely they could come up with something more aesthetically appealing than that. It's like if Sonic the Hedgehog and the Baltimore Ravens logo had a son that they're ashamed of.

Well, it looks like tomorrow's Elimination Final will actually be broadcast live in SA! Says Ch. 7 news. A relief for me, is anyone else going to tune in?

Plus I saw a picture of the 'new' Crows logo, I personally think it's horrible. :tsk:

That's been the Adelaide logo for years hasn't it? A slight variation of the one they had since they entered the league back in '91. Don't see what the big deal is? Clubs shouldn't be changing their logos all the time anyway.

The Adelaide one is great methinks. I've never been a big fan of the current Brisbane one, but then again I still call the club the Bears and I have a picture of this Brisbane Bears Logo taking pride of place on my bedroom wall:

000_2047.jpg

And that old triangular Hawthorn Hawks one is much better than the current joke of a logo the Hawks have.

Crows v. Bombers blockbuster in -3 hours! 50,000+ expected at AAMI Stadium. :hyper:

I personally don't like the old triangular Hawks logo - just looks very of its time to me. I miss our old logo, though. The Bears one was great, too.

Haha! Look at this find!

It seems as if young Nic Naitanui has chased down a shoplifter.

Nic Naitanui chases down shoplifter | National Breaking News | News.com.au

Bonnie will love this!

I brought it up in the Superthread yesterday, but seriously, how awesome as that.

I would love to be chased by the Natman. What a legend. Plus, the thief wouldn't really be in much trouble, since he can't kick.

Terribly interested to see how many people show up tonight.

Crowd was 50,393. :up:

Plus what a great win by the Crows, a total of 53 goals in the past two matches. I'm hopeful that we can give the loser of Saints and Magpies a run for their money, I'm sure the loser of the match would be feeling pretty nervous. :D

Another big day of finals football coming up!

Pretty good game between Cats and Dogs today. Looked like Dogs were out of it a couple of times but they kept coming back ... kind of blew it for themselves in the last 10 minutes though with a couple of crucial shots missed.

Bloody hope Lions get up over Carlton tonight.

To me the Dogs seemed somewhat average today. Still, looking forward to Brisbane v. Carlton. What's the full capacity at the Gabba anyway?

Holy shit, what a win by Fitzroy! Man, the rugby was good and then I switched over for the sensational final quarter. Epic comeback!

i think it's about 39k.

great win today, restoring my faith a fair bit certainly.

39K? :ohmy:

The Gabba looks much bigger than AAMI. What a comeback from the Lions though, expected it to happen though.

Heh, don't feel too sorry for them.

In other news, so far the 2009 AFL thread has had about twice as many posts as its 2008 counterpart!

Back
Top Bottom