The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been decided!

Friday Night:
Western Bulldogs v. Brisbane - MCG

Saturday Night:
Collingwood v. Adelaide - MCG

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Who has the best chance of knocking off Scum in the prelim? Hard to say, Brisbane took it right up to SainterS in Melbourne this season, they might just have a certain something that troubles the SainterS. Footscray got well smashed in their most recent outing against Scum.

Adealide will hopefully destroy Carringbush.

Probably the Dogs, although the Lions made a spirited and successful comeback against Carlton, it doesn't convince me that they'll go very far in September.

As for my Crows, they're a 50/50 chance against Collingwood.

I don't see the Lions getting past the Dogs, unfortunately. I'd like them to.

That Adelaide vs Magpies game is going to go down to the wire, I bet.

The Crows v. Pies series of games almost always turn out to be thrillers, a great rivalry that.

Watched the last ten or so minutes of the Brissy/Carlton game on Saturday night at a bar, everyone was cheering when Brisbane got a goal and it cut to Krudler celebrating. I love finals time.

By the way, isn't the Gabba about 42k?

that sig makes it look like alan didak is missing a tooth.

fitting.

I was going to say, heh.

Pies haven't lost to Adelaide in a Final, ever...at least I don't think.

Of course that means nothing for next week..

When it comes to the first bounce the stats are all irrelevant.

Plus ... records are made to be broken, aren't they? :D

Watched the last ten or so minutes of the Brissy/Carlton game on Saturday night at a bar, everyone was cheering when Brisbane got a goal and it cut to Krudler celebrating. I love finals time.

By the way, isn't the Gabba about 42k?

I was going to say, heh.

it's either just under or just over 40k i think.

:scream: where do you people go there's no decent sports bars near me for watching football

I wasn't actually at a sports bar, in fact it's a pretty trendy place with an awesome beer and wine selection, just so happens that they wanted to treat everyone to the football. :)

Wouldn't the front bar at pretty much any pub be okay? How many bars are there in Wezza and Geelong, anyway?

I wasn't actually at a sports bar, in fact it's a pretty trendy place with an awesome beer and wine selection, just so happens that they wanted to treat everyone to the football. :)

Wouldn't the front bar at pretty much any pub be okay? How many bars are there in Wezza and Geelong, anyway?

werribee we've got about four pubs, but no bars per se (what does this actually mean?), really. they're full of middle aged and older blokes.

geelong has got some really great stuff, but all my mates either think bars/pubs etc are the devil or are to "cbf" to come with me.

Heh, I just stay at home!

Free supplies of gummy bears for everybody! :wink:

i think it's more to do with i can't go through the 07 prelim again...

at least not on my own/with parents. my mates got stoned beforehand and i went round to watch it with them, but they got spooked and had a bad trip, and both of them crashed so i had to go home and watch it with dad, who was getting fired up :mad:

i think it's more to do with i can't go through the 07 prelim again...

at least not on my own/with parents. my mates got stoned beforehand and i went round to watch it with them, but they got spooked and had a bad trip, and both of them crashed so i had to go home and watch it with dad, who was getting fired up :mad:

Jesus. Well I was sitting up in the clouds for this one, but not stoned :lol:...didn't think we would get within a kick!

If it so happens that we get over the line on Saturday night, are you interested in going next week?

I've always been Collingwood, but you know when you're young.....you go through a few different teams before you choose one that everyone hates :wink:

Godra Vs Ablett games in the Mid 90's were fucking unreal! :rockon:

I remember I was once going to choose Richmond, because I used to support Glenelg (SANFL side) but then I went for Adelaide.

Besides Collingwood, from memory I used to follow Geelong (Ablett Sr), Adelaide and Essendon. I even have a poster of the 1995 Essendon team :lol:

well according to the latest, josh gibson has apparently "walked out" of north and the hawks have offered him 800k, but take that with a fair few grains of salt.

also lloyd's future is being looked at and the herald sun reports the wobbles may give him a contract. i take that with a big bloody salt lick.

also lloyd's future is being looked at and the herald sun reports the wobbles may give him a contract. i take that with a big bloody salt lick.

Apparently they were talking about this on the Hot Breakfast this morning, haven't listened to the podcast yet. But this would be a complete waste of time of Collingwood.

I suppose if Rocca finally retires this year it might be worth while.

Back
Top Bottom