Random Music Talk CXXXI: Interference Finally Gets Its Revenge on Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi 212! It's been awhile. This place is officially dead dead. Did you make it to a sphere show? Hear any good music in 2024?

No Sphere shows :'(

Stephanie is doing great. She's starting Kindergarten in the fall, just finishing up Pre-K next week!

I moved to Chicago, it's been a lot of change, but most of it has been good.

This is closer to home, and I'm not sure what's been said, but right now, Travis and I are having issues. I don't know what will come of it.

But no, it's not a better career opportunity, lol. I moved out here with a remote job and thought everything would be this fantastic breeze. Then, my job pulled the rug out from under me the day before I left for IL by telling me they were taking away my title and essentially that I'd never be able to be promoted again unless I was able to work hybrid. So I was awkwardly working at the same rate but trying to refuse to do the same work I usually do, which was fine. But then they put the guy under me in charge of the team, and he started leaving me out of meetings and being generally weirdly evasive about letting me know anything that was going on. So I ended up switching shifts and took his shift, which was nights, which was going somewhat OK, but when he started bossing me around, I began to panic about my career and future. In the midst of this, there were a lot of personal life changes happening and issues with my medications of mine as well, and one day, without thinking it through, I quit.

I have regretted it every day for the last six months, especially the 5.5 months I was unemployed, because I'm now in awful, awful debt—like, I can't answer my phone, lawsuits type of debt. But I'm making rent each month, so that's good.

But yeah, I started a new job two weeks ago, and the job is killing me as well, but I'm sticking with it as long as possible. But it's a remote LA job, and I'm a bit over that, so I'm hoping to find out today if I got a job at a local Chicago network. They've been dragging me through the application process for this job since April.

Oh, I went on there a bit....how are you doing?

I know Marcus King is not talked about a lot around here. Not really the genre that gets a lot of attention, but my wife and I were lucky enough to meet him before his show last Sunday night. Got a private acoustic show as well! Such an awesome memory.
This is closer to home, and I'm not sure what's been said, but right now, Travis and I are having issues. I don't know what will come of it.

But no, it's not a better career opportunity, lol. I moved out here with a remote job and thought everything would be this fantastic breeze. Then, my job pulled the rug out from under me the day before I left for IL by telling me they were taking away my title and essentially that I'd never be able to be promoted again unless I was able to work hybrid. So I was awkwardly working at the same rate but trying to refuse to do the same work I usually do, which was fine. But then they put the guy under me in charge of the team, and he started leaving me out of meetings and being generally weirdly evasive about letting me know anything that was going on. So I ended up switching shifts and took his shift, which was nights, which was going somewhat OK, but when he started bossing me around, I began to panic about my career and future. In the midst of this, there were a lot of personal life changes happening and issues with my medications of mine as well, and one day, without thinking it through, I quit.

I have regretted it every day for the last six months, especially the 5.5 months I was unemployed, because I'm now in awful, awful debt—like, I can't answer my phone, lawsuits type of debt. But I'm making rent each month, so that's good.

But yeah, I started a new job two weeks ago, and the job is killing me as well, but I'm sticking with it as long as possible. But it's a remote LA job, and I'm a bit over that, so I'm hoping to find out today if I got a job at a local Chicago network. They've been dragging me through the application process for this job since April.

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Hope everything turns around for you asap. Keep your head high!

Truly sorry to hear about you and Travis. Hope it works out, you guys are 2 of the good folks.

The job thing sounds stressful as hell. Hope the local Chitown network hires you and it becomes a better situation. Fingers crossed.
For me, things are status quo. My kid just finished his sophomore year in college (Damn I was childless when I joined this place, where does the time go?).

Oh my lord, that's wild to think about.

Meanwhile, I felt like listening to some gospel music because of a project I'm working on, and I didn't pay attention to the genres on this when RYM threw it my way under "gospel" and I truly can't believe what I'm listening to:

This has to be the only psychedelic Christian album I've ever heard.

I knew about the relationship stuff Ashley but not the job situation, that sounds incredibly stressful and upsetting even if you didn't have a partner/ex-partner and a kid (and a pet?), hoping things work out for you :heart:

I knew about the relationship stuff Ashley but not the job situation, that sounds incredibly stressful and upsetting even if you didn't have a partner/ex-partner and a kid (and a pet?), hoping things work out for you :heart:
Thanks Cobs.

I also keep meaning to go back and respond to the Facebook stuff you sent me, but there was a LONG period of time where I was too depressed to listen to music. I'm coming out of that now, thank God. Now if I could just get myself to play video games and watch movies again, I could start feeling a little bit better.

And as for pets, actually Audrey passed away last year and Joni and Bowie are with Travis, so right now it WOULD be just me and Steph if I didn't do something kinda crazy for Christmas.

These are Maia and Meisha:
20240107_203743.jpg

Is RYM the best place to discuss music like how we used to here? I've tried Reddit but unless you get your post on the thread within like two minutes of it going up it just goes nowhere.

Is RYM the best place to discuss music like how we used to here? I've tried Reddit but unless you get your post on the thread within like two minutes of it going up it just goes nowhere.
Feel like it's that way everywhere now. The only way it was ever easy to keep track of a conversation was on message boards, and now that they're fading away, I don't know how people have conversations.

BUT RYM does have message boards, I just never got into them. You might have some success there. https://rym.fm/

I'd never listened to a Billie Eilish album in full before, but I like the new one. It's definitely a vibe, especially the track L'Amour de Ma Vie. I guess I was expecting a bunch of auto-tune trap stuff - no reason why - so this surprised in a good way.

So nice to see you here, Ashley. Sending you big big hugs.

Cassandra Jenkins is 3 for 3 with her new songs, the latest one being a pretty damn good indie rock tune. Her range is pretty incredible, and it's made her new album one of the things I'm looking forward the most this year.

I'd never listened to a Billie Eilish album in full before, but I like the new one. It's definitely a vibe, especially the track L'Amour de Ma Vie. I guess I was expecting a bunch of auto-tune trap stuff - no reason why - so this surprised in a good way.
I can honestly see why you'd think that just looking at her, and the sort of vibe in general. I was surprised when she started making more songs for movies and realized she's got a lot of range. I still haven't listened to a full album, but I continue to be extremely impressed with her.

That's pretty cool. Just reading about the band's history, what's the go with D'Arcy Wretzky? Seems like Billy is a bit of a dick?
I know very little about the situation, but from what I just read on Wretzky's wiki, this was supposed to be some proof that Billy offered to let her join the tour and then rescinded the offer, and I really don't feel like this did anything to help her case, and more solidified that Billy was/is trying to mend fences?

Because according to Wiki:
Wretzky said that she had been offered a contract to rejoin the band on the Shiny and Oh So Bright Tour, but that Corgan rescinded the offer soon after.[25] Corgan released a statement denying the claims, "Ms. Wretzky has repeatedly been invited out to play with the group, participate in demo sessions, or at the very least, meet face-to-face, and in each and every instance she always deferred."[26][27] Wretzky later provided screenshots of a text message conversation with Corgan.[28]
Billy seems super energetic to have her part of the tour, but does make it pretty clear he doesn't want her as the bassist, and I think that's where the miscommunication might be happening.

But yeah, I think it's pretty common knowledge that Billy is an "artist." Which means he's a dick.

That's still not a contract, for sure, though. Which is what she's claiming he rescinded and that these texts somehow support.

(I think Billy probably was counting on whatever surgery she needed sidelining her and allowing him to be the good guy, and yeah, he didn't just outright say, "we don't need you to play bass on the tour" which he should've just said.)

Yeah that's what left me with an icky feeling. Feels a bit manipulative. Like HEY! We Love You! Come back into our loving embrace! Oh, you're actually keen? Hmm, nah. I recognise the anxious-avoidant attachment style haha. But I also get what you're saying for sure.

Back
Top Bottom