The Official 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What'd you think of Phelps' reaction? That was almost too amusing. My brother and I have now rewound and watched it like 6 times.

Out of curiosity, why is raw emotion like that amusing to people? He works his ass off just to make this stage, and he's swimming with teammates for his country.....just don't see the humor. :shrug:

What'd you think of Phelps' reaction? That was almost too amusing. My brother and I have now rewound and watched it like 6 times.

honestly, it shows you that he is a team player. obviously this benefits him, but you can't fake that stuff.

his leadoff leg was fantastic as well. he's going to own the 200 tomorrow.

I depends if I am in the group or not. If I'm not I would guess (conservatively) 8. If I'm included he's fucked. I've seen all the Karate Kids. Even the chick one.

Well I've seen Billy Blanks as a bad ass janitor.
He taught me some tricks.
I could handle myself.

Besides, outside of the pool, he might lose his powers.

that's less of a French error and more strategy. any good swimmer knows that when you're behind, you draft.

I don't know anything about swimming but his point was that the French guy was a world class swimmer and was stupid to slide over right next to the lane marker thus allowing the American an easy opportunity to do just that. He pointed out that the French guy should have known better and stayed further away from the marker and in the center or even further away to the other side where there was no competitor. The US was lucky to have won that relay. The replays show they were almost touching each other even though the French dude had lots of room in his own lane. But credit goes to the US guy for sidling up to him.

Did any of you see the story of the chick who got her man stolen by the Italian and then they raced and she finished dead last?

Poor girl.

I hope that Italian girl gets crabs.

I don't know anything about swimming but his point was that the French guy was a world class swimmer and was stupid to slide over right next to the lane marker thus allowing the American an easy opportunity to do just that. He pointed out that the French guy should have known better and stayed further away from the marker and in the center or even further away to the other side where there was no competitor. The US was lucky to have won that relay. The replays show they were almost touching each other even though the French dude had lots of room in his own lane.

that was how Duncan Armstrong beat Matt Biondi in the 200 free in 1988.

:nerd:

I don't know anything about swimming but his point was that the French guy was a world class swimmer and was stupid to slide over right next to the lane marker thus allowing the American an easy opportunity to do just that. He pointed out that the French guy should have known better and stayed further away from the marker and in the center or even further away to the other side where there was no competitor. The US was lucky to have won that relay. The replays show they were almost touching each other even though the French dude had lots of room in his own lane.

Sounds like the CBC is biased after all.

and good on Eamon Sullivan. world record.

i hope he beats Bernard -- who, to be honest, has been the center of drug suspicions since he suddenly got fast in March of this year, causing one of his Italian competitors to comment that he's "found the right vitamins" -- and it will be interesting to see if Lezak won't choke in the individual event like he did in 2004.

that was super exciting. My BF jumped off the couch and started jumping around the room. lol. Irvine, I have been thinking of you as we watch all of this swimming. :D

it's because he's american.

that relay was proof that only americans know what honor is.

learn form us, world.

Do you think we could somehow market the guy doing 'play by play' on the swimming as a commodity to the world in lieu of their lack of honor?

"And Katie Hoff is going to win!!!!!!" Lee Greenwood song in the background.

swimming color analyst, 0.5 seconds later
"No she didn't!"

Do you think we could somehow market the guy doing 'play by play' on the swimming as a commodity to the world in lieu of their lack of honor?

"And Katie Hoff is going to win!!!!!!" Lee Greenwood song in the background.

swimming color analyst, 0.5 seconds later
"No she didn't!"

I went from :) to :( so very quickly....Dan Hicks, you broke my heart.

If there is one thing I have learned from Hollywood its that one white american can kill an entire army of brown people. No matter where those brown people are from.

Well, I'm gonna sign off, but, not before I quote a very famous patriot:

"This is a night for AMERICAAAAAAANNNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!"

:)

CBC 4 LYFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom