The Edge to be on 102.1 the Edge / Alan Cross Reviews 'Get On Your Boots'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how many songs do you think they'll do ? two, three?. I think there's just thin chance they'll do 4.

i will say, it would almost surprise me if U2 didn't play anything new this close to the album release, even though it is for Obama. do we know how many songs they're supposed to play?

i will say, it would almost surprise me if U2 didn't play anything new this close to the album release, even though it is for Obama. do we know how many songs they're supposed to play?

You're right. They've likely been rehearsing for promo shows. I would love to hear Magnificent live...:drool:

porbably just one with the length of the line up. Possibly two because of who they are, but id say one.

Two sources have said it will be Pride. COBL would make sense, as would One. Outside of these three is probably pretty long odds

even with 2 songs, i would still be surprised if they didn't play anything new. what a way to promote the new album, and the record company knows this, U2 knows this, and Obama's camp can deal with it if they get at least 1 classic song too.

I doubt they will play anything new, prolly just

Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
American Prayer w/ Beyonce
One

I forgot about American Prayer. I can see them doing that, too.

Do we know how many songs each group is performing?

I still think "Pride" has to be played, with the event's focus on history?African American history.

I forgot about American Prayer. I can see them doing that, too.

Do we know how many songs each group is performing?

I still think "Pride" has to be played, with the event's focus on history?African American history.

and not to open up another can of worms, but do you think that maybe the Obama camp doesn't want the attention to be focused on African American history, but instead, the future of America?

This could be completely bogus, but a user over at atu2.com claims in a comment that he's heard GOYB:

------
#
lucas said,
January 13, 2009 @ 7:53 am

Hey! I have heard it and its great! The song is similar to Queens “Bicicle Race” with its “chaingun ryhmes” i mean the “I don’t believe in Peter Pan Frankenstein or Superman” sort of quick, funny type of rhymes . It also reminds me of Billy Joel “We didnt start the fire!” in the same sense. Especially with lyrics ” Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn’s got a winning team ,Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland”. They are the same type of rhymes.

BIIIIcycle! BIIIIIcycle! BIIIIcycle!
I want to ride my BIIIIIIIIIcycle! BIIIIIIIIcycle! BIIIIIIIcycle!

I want to ride my BicyCLE, I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my BicyCLLLLLLLLE!, I want to ride my .....

*sorry, couldn't resist. anytime someone mentions that song, I immediately have to start singing it*

^^ Meh... strange, he talks about lyrics that reminds him of the song, but don't mention the lyrics itself :down:

This could be completely bogus, but a user over at atu2.com claims in a comment that he's heard GOYB:

------
#
lucas said,
January 13, 2009 @ 7:53 am

Hey! I have heard it and its great! The song is similar to Queens “Bicicle Race” with its “chaingun ryhmes” i mean the “I don’t believe in Peter Pan Frankenstein or Superman” sort of quick, funny type of rhymes . It also reminds me of Billy Joel “We didnt start the fire!” in the same sense. Especially with lyrics ” Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn’s got a winning team ,Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland”. They are the same type of rhymes.

:scratch:

Time for Vlad to investigate... :shifty:

Probably a hoax.

Back
Top Bottom