The Edge to be on 102.1 the Edge / Alan Cross Reviews 'Get On Your Boots'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats like 5 hours adfter Fanning plays it? I suppose they dont want to debut it before most people will be listening?

I remember Vertigo was premiered here in the late afternoon. I was in my car, and The Edge played it, and then after it was over, I went through all my preset stations, and it was just finishing on all of them, too. I was so psyched. :) So they're obviously told not to play it till a specific day and time.

^ I'm still fingers crossed for an Australian station to play it first. We can just pretend that we fucked up the time difference and played it a day early by "mistake." :wink:

^ I'm still fingers crossed for an Australian station to play it first. We can just pretend that we fucked up the time difference and played it a day early by "mistake." :wink:

Wasn't there an Aussie station that broke the Vertigo embargo in 2004 by claiming that the copy they played was an internet leak, when, in reality, their breaking of said embargo was the source of said leak?

Wasn't there an Aussie station that broke the Vertigo embargo in 2004 by claiming that the copy they played was an internet leak, when, in reality, their breaking of said embargo was the source of said leak?

Triple J.

They were quickly contacted by Universal telling them that playing it would burn all their bridges, so they held off.

^ yeah I would guess so....but i would hazard a guess some late night DJ gets to it first in the wee morning in Toronto

I'm so out of touch with New York radio these days, that I don't know what station has the format to play it! Likely if I don't get to hear it with Fanning that I'll catch it on BBC online right after it airs in Ireland.

U2.com just announced that not only Bono, but all of U2 will be performing at the Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday 1/18. Do you think they will perform GOYB or maybe One?

I remember Vertigo was premiered here in the late afternoon. I was in my car, and The Edge played it, and then after it was over, I went through all my preset stations, and it was just finishing on all of them, too. I was so psyched. :) So they're obviously told not to play it till a specific day and time.

I came back home from school and found it waiting for me on teh interwebz. :cute: Shortcuts FTW.

From the reports & comments in this and other threads, it sounds like GOYB will be made available to radio stations around the world via a download (from some Universal Music portal) at precisely the same time - except for Dave Fanning who gets it 10 mins earlier for the global exclusive.

The way I read it, there's no CD. No mp3. Nothing....until Universal opens it portal next Monday morning UK time. Therefore nothing to leak.

So it's back to the 80's when we all gathered around our radios in anticipation, hoping we wouldn't miss it and praying the tape recorder would work first time (and not cut off the beginning).

From the reports & comments in this and other threads, it sounds like GOYB will be made available to radio stations around the world via a download (from some Universal Music portal) at precisely the same time - except for Dave Fanning who gets it 10 mins earlier for the global exclusive.

The way I read it, there's no CD. No mp3. Nothing....until Universal opens it portal next Monday morning UK time. Therefore nothing to leak.

So it's back to the 80's when we all gathered around our radios in anticipation, hoping we wouldn't miss it and praying the tape recorder would work first time (and not cut off the beginning).

but i swear i read a report that someone at a radio station opened up a box with the new promo cd on Monday. i could be wrong though. there were a lot of reports flying around on Monday.

Well, its pretty obvious that more and more people are starting to get sneak peeks at the song now that Universal reps are running around debuting it. So to write off 99.9% of these people's reviews at this point of the game is pretty naive.

Yes, they are playing it for people they want to hear it, in otherwords music insiders that will play a part in hyping it, not some intern who know nothing about music and compares it to a Billy Joel song.

Exactly...

Yes, they are playing it for people they want to hear it, in otherwords music insiders that will play a part in hyping it, not some intern who know nothing about music and compares it to a Billy Joel song.

I fucking doubledare Bono to write a song like "allways a woman to me".

"Grace is a name for a girl".

THE HORROR! :D

Larry is right by the way

:lol: I love that response! No offense to Billy Joel but I respect Zoo Station's review and the fact that Alan Cross backs him up. The Queen reference was quite amusing though!

Well, despite the agonizing wait...the "no leak" thing is kinda cool. For the single it doesn't matter much, but there's something very nostalgic and old school and awesome about everyone getting an album at about the same time and playing it all over the country/world.

Well, despite the agonizing wait...the "no leak" thing is kinda cool. For the single it doesn't matter much, but there's something very nostalgic and old school and awesome about everyone getting an album at about the same time and playing it all over the country/world.

I agree, it's nice and I will wait myself to have the CD in hands March 3rd to listen to aall of the songs (I haven't heard the beach clips)...but don't expect this "no leak" to be happening with the album as well....to create a website/server where all the radio stations will have access to at the same time for the single is one thing....but the cds will have to be ready/printed, etc, many days in advance in order to be shipped and in boxes usually a few days before the release. To expect that no one in the cd manufacturing plants or retail stores will be able to get their hands on the cd and leak it is whichful thinking (not that I am saying you think this!). It will be out 1 if not 2 weeks before I am sure....but I will wait anyway! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom