The CLAW Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to Quizy's theories on what we can see of the stage, the 472 visible cabinets would weigh about 75,520 pounds! (34,255.30Kg) Wow. (This assumes the bulk of the speakers are in fact clair Bros. CAT214. Don't know what the subs are, but if anything, they would weigh more.)

Interesting detail:

If you watch 02 Days left on U2.com you will see that Edge has moved his effects racks off the stage. He now only has foot control which is interesting because he now has one less level of control over his sound.

It is actually an interesting clip because it is Edge and Adam talking about taking as much off the stage as possible so the GA'ers can see more. They measure and then move two of Adam's loudspeakers so the fans can see better.

:up:

I wonder if this condition will stay through the tour. They quip that "Willie will be happy" but I do wonder if Edge wil be comfortable only having his footpedals and amps on stage...

Dallas must now have them in the underworld...

^^ removing his effects rack was quite an interesting move, I never thought they'd do that ... I'll miss it lol! Never got to see it in real life :(

But very nice to see how involved the band are in improving sightlines - they really care :sad:

Interesting detail:

If you watch 02 Days left on U2.com you will see that Edge has moved his effects racks off the stage. He now only has foot control which is interesting because he now has one less level of control over his sound.

I don't think he touches the rack during the show anyway.

I've been playing music professionally for 25 years and their PA system is far and above the best PA system out. I don't know shit about their home theatre, but the musician's line is superior.

I get highs and lows and nuances unheard of. It's amazing.

i'm glad you like it, but i have not heard a bose setup that impresses me. a few of my cars came with bose and the sound is flat. i equipped my dad's home with bose because like you, he loves it. to me it sounds flat. i've heard the musician's line once and it sounded flat.

Where is this discussion? I don't even know a Gavin song by that name...

Gavin's twitter says "Kingdom... soon..." and apparently some other source may have stated that a Gavin Friday song "Kingdom" would open the show. The beginning of the u2log video (Soooon....) would fit with his twitter, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's his song.

What I have found from Gavin's site is that like usual he is serving as an "aesthetic midwife" for the show, telling the band what he thinks about it.

Anyone have a source for this actually being Gavin's song?

^^ Never got to see it in real life :(
:sad:

Well, best I could do:

EdgesRig.jpg

I don't think he touches the rack during the show anyway.

I have seen him fiddle with the effects from this rack numerous times live - especially the pedals (the older guys) on top...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom