The CLAW Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mirrorball... think that thing's coming down? Or they just want to feel like they're partying?

It's so hard to get a sense of scale... everything's so outrageously big...:drool:

Ok so can the screenfreaks ( :wink::hug: ) tell us exactly what we are seeing going on with the screen in this pic? Because it looks really cool.

U2INBARCELONA12SH-1.jpg

OH. MY. DAYS!!!! Thank you for those piccies, they just made me shiver...

IT'S REALLY HAPPENING GUYS!!! THE MADNESS IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!!!! :hug::drool:

For the 29th/30th reports, I'm about as excited now to simply see what the Claw can do as I am to see the setlist...
:drool::drool:

great pix!!! where did you get them from?

@last unicorn: you have to login on u2.com to be able to see that red lighted claw. The blue one you menioned I haven't seen yet?

great pix!!! where did you get them from?

@last unicorn: you have to login on u2.com to be able to see that red lighted claw. The blue one you menioned I haven't seen yet?

The pictures are on the u2.com main page. If you go to u2.com and keep refreshing the page, you are shown various pictures of the stage. I didn't see this at first because I always go directly to the news section.

Is this the blue one?

clawblue.jpg

Yes these claw shots are randomly on U2.coms preview page, the huge HD pics are in the press area.

when i was going through the pics, i was thinking the same thing. i guess we'll find out on tuesday.

and adam was texting me in that one pic :D

-dan

Have you guys heard if the speaker stack is at its set place or if it will be raised and fitted into that gap above?

Looks like the bridges are nice and high...so no one will end up with a bump on the head :lol:
Still don't understand why they went with the color green when it doesn;t match anything else? :hmm: Could it have something to do with lighting?

Looks like the bridges are nice and high...so no one will end up with a bump on the head :lol:
Still don't understand why they went with the color green when it doesn;t match anything else? :hmm: Could it have something to do with lighting?

From what I read in an interview with Willie Williams, they are only green during the day. The paint job is supposed to be very reflective, and they will pick up the color of whatever light they cast over them.

Is there anyone technically minded who can comment on the sound system: It is an arena arrangement instead of your typical stadium arrangement. The leg 5 Vertigo shows that I saw sounded pretty average; lacking in clarity, big boomy bass, very LOUD and lacking in 'warmth'. Whereas arena concerts that I've been to have always sounded better. Do you think this speaker arrangement in a stadium might actually sound ok?

Is there anyone technically minded who can comment on the sound system: It is an arena arrangement instead of your typical stadium arrangement. The leg 5 Vertigo shows that I saw sounded pretty average; lacking in clarity. Whereas arena concerts that I've been to have always sounded better. Do you think this speaker arrangement in a stadium might actually sound ok?

Judging by the setup it appears they may be incorporating BOSE technology. If this is the case it should be leaps and bounds of sound improvement to what we are used to in a stadium setting.

In a typical speaker setting the closer you are to a speaker the louder it is. With Bose technology sound is dispersed. I have a Bose PA system. It is amazing. The clarity is beyond description. IT IS SOOO GOOD. Whether you are right in front of the speaker or 30 feet away the loudness is the same. It's like the system places music through out the place (dispersing sound). I can have my microphone right in front of the speaker and there is no feedback.

The speakers array mounted on top of the 360 structure resemble Bose very much. I am very excited at the possibility that they may be implementing this technology. I don't know why we don't see this as a standard already. Bose technology is VERY expensive. That might have something to do with it.

Anyway, I have high hopes for this tour and I do believe U2 are dedicated to providing a quality experience.

Cross your fingers with me. :)

Is there anyone technically minded who can comment on the sound system: It is an arena arrangement instead of your typical stadium arrangement. The leg 5 Vertigo shows that I saw sounded pretty average; lacking in clarity, big boomy bass, very LOUD and lacking in 'warmth'. Whereas arena concerts that I've been to have always sounded better. Do you think this speaker arrangement in a stadium might actually sound ok?

It is never ideal for a show to just have a few stacks up the front.

The purpose of the stage as is is to get around usual outdoor restrictions re strategic speaker placements for optimal audio quality. It should sound 1000x better than Veritgo

Judging by the setup it appears they may be incorporating BOSE technology. If this is the case it should be leaps and bounds of sound improvement to what we are used to in a stadium setting.

In a typical speaker setting the closer you are to a speaker the louder it is. With Bose technology sound is dispersed. I have a Bose PA system. It is amazing. The clarity is beyond description. IT IS SOOO GOOD. Whether you are right in front of the speaker or 30 feet away the loudness is the same. It's like the system places music through out the place (dispersing sound). I can have my microphone right in front of the speaker and there is no feedback.

The speakers array mounted on top of the 360 structure resemble Bose very much. I am very excited at the possibility that they may be implementing this technology. I don't know why we don't see this as a standard already. Bose technology is VERY expensive. That might have something to do with it.

Anyway, I have high hopes for this tour and I do believe U2 are dedicated to providing a quality experience.

Cross your fingers with me. :)

It's not using "bose" technology. My parents are friends with people working on the tour and it's using a pretty basic line array, just aiming it down to direct the sound at people below the claw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom